cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 Canada/US phone plan and using older model iphones.

Andrew145
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Trying to switch a couple phones already on Public Mobile Canada plans to the $34 Canada/US plan. It says something about an e-Sim. What does that mean? When I moved my phone over I didn't have to do anything with my SIM and the plan just renewed to the new plan. 

Thanks,

Andrew

3 REPLIES 3

@Andrew145 

no worries about the eSIM, it is optional, for those who want eSIM and have phones that compatible with it

You can switch to that plan without making any changes to phone or sim,

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Andrew145 eSIM is just another option instead of having a physical SIM but not all phones are eSIM compatible so if you want one check first to see if your phone is eSIM compatible. eSIM's are convenient because you get them immediately by scanning a QR code as opposed to having to wait for delivery through mail or driving to a store (TELUS/Koodo or Mobile Klink) to pick one up. You should still be able to use a physical SIM card if that's what you prefer

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Andrew145 

The new $34 Canada/ US plan can work with you SIM, no issue, if you have a newer phone and would  like to use eSIM, it costs $5

just make sure to schedule your plan change on renewal, as Public mobile doesn’t refund prorated from your old plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.