cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

311 municipal contct number does not work

AngryNewclient
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot use the 311 municipal number in my area. I get the um1 message. Is this something I can fix?

11 REPLIES 11

@AngryNewclient wrote: "I am in Nova Scotia."

I am in Nova Scotia too, and I tried call 311 using land line and cell phone , all work for me. I am in HRM. 

AngryNewclient

This message is to all the kind people who responded to this. I was unable to change the situation and after many calls to CBRM, the municipality in question, I was able to obtain another number which will suffice for the moment. This is now on the back burner for the winter and I will start a new thread about changing my account when I am out of the country for an extended period. Thank you for your responses.

@AngryNewclient do you know if anyone you know can access 311 on Mobile?? if so, what provider they have?

Maybe it is easier to program the actual numbers:

1.800.835.6428: toll-free outside of the municipal boundary but within Nova Scotia 

902.490.4000: outside of Nova Scotia for Halifax non-emergency municipal government services

AngryNewclient

I am in Nova Scotia.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I get dead nothing when I try. I looked up my city website and there doesn't seem to be any mention of 311. Nor my regional district (BC).

AngryNewclient

My phone is a Samsung. That should not be the problem as two others with the same phone but different carriers are all good with 311.

AngryNewclient

My phone number belongs to this location/province.There are many municipalities in the province, so it may be that several use 311 as a sole contact number and it confuses the request. I will consult the CNA website for more detail. Thank you for the link.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@AngryNewclient What kind of phone do you have? I just tried it using iPhone, it worked.

AngryNewclient

The 311 number works from other mobile phones and landlines in the area.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Just by any chance would the 311 be based upon your phone number. 

ie xxx-xxx-1234. The xxx-xxx would tell your location. 

Just assuming the phone network needs to know what 311 municipality's service to connect you to. 

Does your phone number belong to your location?

See here

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Could ANYBODY in your area use that service? Did you ask neighbours or tried to call from other phone/provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.