cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day data limit

nino1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just purchased 3 G of data not realizing that is is only good for 30 days.  Is this new? I thought once you purchased data it was good until it was used up?

If this is the case and it does expire in 30 days, I would like a refund please, as I still have data left from my previous purchase.

thank you

13 REPLIES 13

nino1

They did make an exception and gave me refund for the data I purchased. 

@selmak  Your absolutely right. Many are not happy about it either … here join the petition on it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Clarification-of-Public-Mobile-Data-Add-o...

selmak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Handy1 it's true that upgrade would be way to go if you use it, but there are lots of us who go over just about 100k or so within a month if at all. The old system was just great, 1 gig was going really far.

selmak

thanks @Handy1 i didn't know but was too lazy to nose around:o)

nino1

thank you for all the useful tips! I will try to get a refund

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

FYI-this is a community board-all customers

We can't issue refunds or access your account

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nino1  Also for the price of 3GB of data add on costs more then the new promotion plan 20GB for $39 if your not aware and there’s no expiry on that plan also 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @nino1   sorry, it is a new policy for data addon. Luckily just data and not voice

But the old data you got before are non-expiring still

to request refund, check with agent by message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@selmak  The unlimited data is only for 5G plans 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nino1 2023-05-24 22_46_45-Canada's First 5G Subscription Phone Service _ Public Mobile.png

selmak

@nino1 
yes it's new and it is not improvement definitely
if you didn't use any of it maybe you will be able to get refund, worth a try contact customer support  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

On the brighter side, it looks like they will be offering free unlimited at 512k speed once you do run out of your data
I didn't see the formal announcement, but if you get your refund back and still have the data would you mind letting us know if it works?
thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@nino1 - 3G plans or you are talking about data addons? Yes, newly purchased data addons are now good for 30 days after purchase.

WE can't help you with refunds or credits, we are just customers like you here.

To reach Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) to do this by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@nino1  Yes this just changed with new system update 

message support directly 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.