cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$3? how abou tthe rest of ?

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My partner told me  the email about increase of $3.   I thought, delete it,  just spam..

But I just checked it and look like it is real. really?

so, is PM adjusting price for the rest of the plan too? 

11 REPLIES 11

Community_QA

@darlicious   got it and thanks.  Please keep me in the loop

Community_QA

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

@Community_QA  I m surprised about increase usually providers dot touch grandfathered plans.

@fdrcamb519  at least they didn't take the plan away.

But with $13, $15 plan looks better deal

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Community_QA  I m surprised about increase usually providers dot touch grandfathered plans.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good question...hope not 

@jor123 

VoLTE will come for sure as 3G will come to an end soon (unless Telus decides to fold PM, but it doesn't like like that way at the moment).  But it is a question for when , this year? or PM will drag on till 2025 when 3G has to shutdown? 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm not on the $10 plan but the low prices + rewards I have built up are really the only reason I'm on PM anymore. I'd like to have VoLTE more than anything. If prices went up on higher plans in any considerable way it would really be worth looking at other providers like Eastlink. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Community_QA 

Sure. Let me look into my notes and I will private message you the info. First step is complaining to pm customer support.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

Community_QA

@darlicious   do you mind to send me the link/email address where to write?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Community_QA 

I wouldn't change your plan yet. If you are unhappy with this unjustified 30% increase in your plan price after the federal government in 2020 insisted Canadian mobile providers lower mobile plan prices for most plans by a minimum 25% by 2022 then take the first step and register your outrage and complaint with customer support.

Telus has purposely slowly rolled out informing select customers that have the $10 plan with both their brand and public mobile by email and text message so as to not create a sudden uproar of discontent so that their planned rate hike based solely on greed will be implemented without protest. There are many customers including myself yet to be informed of the proposed changes.

If every customer with this plan registers their displeasure and considers taking it a step further than just contacting pm but also file a CCTS complaint, contact the CRTC, write to their MP or MLA and raise their voices in derision the Canadian Telecommunications Act has legislation to require a review of rate hikes such as this one that goes against the spirit and goal of the federal government's mandate to lower mobile plan prices, encourage competition and make mobile communication affordable and accessible to all members of Canadian society.

This rate hike is a slap in the face of customers who can least afford a ridiculous price rise on the most basic of mobile plans. Telus and their shareholders should be ashamed of their almighty pursuit of the dollar or in this case $3 off the backs of their loyal customers.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

To pre-verify your account, provide your full name, address, your email, phone # and 4-digit account PIN#

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Community_QA   As real as it is .. 

for now, only $10 plan.  But as usual no one knows what will happen to PM.  Increase to $10 could simply be a way to push people on to the $15 plan, or PM could be testing the water.. and the real price storm will come soon  😞

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Community_QA  If you have an old grandfathered plan of $10. That plan is going up to $13. There has been many people that posted that they received emails or a text regarding this. You can search in the tool bar for those threads.

Other plans are at this time not changing price. If you're on old rewards system and didn't switch to the points system maybe consider changing your plan to the $15 plan (with the $2 auto-pay discount it brings the price to $13 anyways) and you get more out of the $15 plan than you would from the $10 plan that is going to be the new price of $13. 

Need Help? Let's chat.