cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 QUESTIONS ABOUT (1) EUROPE COVERAGE, (2)CHANGE OF PLAN AND (3) rate the new Loyalty program

GCOLLRIN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

QUESTIONS

1. I am going to Europe end of June for two weeks , will my Public Mobile account work in Europe, I was confused when says “unlimited International text"
  2. Looking for advise if I should change my plan,
    1. I am currently on $15/month , give 250 MB data at 3G, 100 min Province Wide-Talk and unlimited International  text
    2. Should I go to the $19/month3
  3. Have been on the $15/month plan but now loyalty program is changing.   After the following discounts I was paying 7 dollars, I don’t understand how the new loyalty program is going to benefit me, can someone explain are discounts below gone ????
    1. $3 /month discount for “refer a friend”
    2. $2/month reward autopay
    3. $3/month reward for Loyalty recognition
2 REPLIES 2

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GCOLLRIN 

If you keep your $15 plan, you will collect reward points and can convert them to cash credit, $15  at a time.  Over the course of a year, assuming that your referrals stay the same, you will pay the following average per month: 

$15 - 5% - (10 loyalty points/12 months) - 3 referrals =

$15 - $0.75 - $0.83 - $3 = $10.42

On average, you will end up paying $2.42 more per month than under the cancelled legacy rewards program.

You are paying more, which pisses off a lot of people. It would be nice to keep the old rewards program. However, people need to put this into perspective. How would you feel if you were forced to be stuck in the old plans from 3 years ago. My Dad's old $13 plan limits him to 50 talk minutes per month, which is still fine for him. Now, for $15, New subscribers can get unlimited text and talk. Compared to 3 years ago, a $19 to $30 plan today will give you much higher speeds and a whole lot of data. For a few dollars more, you can now include full roaming in the US. Pretty amazing when you think about it. 

The only criticism I have is the way PM treats their loyal customers, i.e. not offering them the same "new activation plans", removing plans without warning, the debacle over so-called loyalty bonus data, etc.

P.S. Regarding Europe, I have used an Orange Travel eSIM which provides data as well as a European telephone number which allows for unlimited calls and texts in Europe as well as unlimited number of calls and texts internationally i.e. back to Canada. In addition, most of my friends and I use WhatsApp to text, call or video chat. All you need is Wi-Fi (free if you can find it) or mobile data from the esim.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GCOLLRIN - Here is the answer:

1. No, You will need an eSIM or a local SIM card with TextNow to work in Europe. No roaming coverage outside the USA. Unlimited International Text is texting anywhere in the world from Canada and the US (With the roaming package)
  2. You may want to go with the $19 1GB plan because it is $4 more and you get 750MB more and Unlimited Talk and Text.
  3. I will show you what the differences are of Legacy Rewards and Public Points are below:

Public Mobile made a change on all customers rewards systems, switching people in May to Public Points, introduced in January 2022.

You will lose out on:

• Up to $5 loyalty credits
  • $2 Autopay

You will now get with Public points:

• 5% back on your plan that you spent on.
  • 10 points annually as a thank you for loyalty
  • 5 welcome points when you enter the dashboard for the first time

You will keep earning these rewards as points:

• Community give back rewards
  • Refer a Friend 1 point per referral

You should have received an SMS or and email stating the change and you may have noticed some loyalty bonus data in My Account, which is a sort of thanks for your continued loyalty.

You Can redeem Public Points like these:

• All Add-ons for $5 less
  • $15 bill credit for 15 points
  • And other offers that come and go.
Need Help? Let's chat.