cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250MB auto pay bonus for the $15 plan

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am currently on the $25 plan and I am on auto pay.  I want to switch to the $15 plan and my reward balance is already at $15/month currently, so I will pay $0 per month.  In this case, do I get the 250 MB bonus that comes with the $15 plan if you are on auto pay?

It's like my auto pay is active, but I don't really pay because my reward amount = my monthly plan amount.

Anyone had this?

23 REPLIES 23

@geopublic wrote:

@esjliv  Believe want you want to believe 🙂

Hi @geopublic , I believe in the Official and Unofficial (if it works for others, of course :). )

Just didn't want to steer myself or anyone else in the wrong direction...a rabbit hole I do not want to get lost in.

@Anonymous , apologize for any cringiness, not intended 😫

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@esjliv The mod is wrong about both.

@esjliv  Believe want you want to believe 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust. The. Community.

Many things are official but don't actually turn out to be. So my usual disclaimer is that these are subject to change without notice.

Of course the mods will give you the official answer.

The rest of us regulars cringed when they read your post.

Hi @geopublic , @darlicious , @mm80 ,

As this question affects many Public Mobile customers (including myself! 😮), I had to verify this info...so, as one does, I put in a ticket. 🤗

Answer from the Mod:

You need to have auto pay set up to receive any bonus data on any of the plans. 

If you cancel today your auto pay, and for example, you still had 100 mb left, those 100mb will continue on your account until you finish them, but for your next renewal, you won't receive the 250 mb 

"Yes it says it's an autopay bonus but it's automatically attached to the $15 plan so it can't be considered a no data plan and default to 4G data like the $10 50/50 plan does."

*Mod answered "False"

"Autopay not needed for data bonus"

*Mod answered "False"

If anyone out there is NOT on autopay, yet still receives the bonus data as stated on the plan that they are on please share to confirm or deny.

Mods could always be incorrect, I suppose; just don't tell them I said that. 🤣

@darlicious Holy crap, you guys are like an episode of extreme couponing!

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am wrote:

It is the never say never attitude that results in an autopay reward being credited regardless of payment circumstance.  BTW, what is the point of using a prepaid card with no funds?

Those cards have a fee. There's a minimum amount you need to get. Spend the money on it anyway and then park it on your account to get the reward. If your rewards are covering your plan cost then the card wont get hit and you've used the money on it anyway.

@UFO 

Better yet make a pc express order for no frills or RCSS order $15+ of kelloggs family size cereal (4x$4.97=$19.88) use Promo code KELLOGGS2020 to recieve $5 off=$14.88(check for paper coupons or online printable ones 4×$1off)=$10.88 and redeem at checkout 51 4 more $1 off coupons $10.88-$4=$6.88 then upload your reciept to kelloggs to redeem for 2×$5 visa gift cards that you can then use to register for auto pay and add $4 ($4.48, $4.50 or $4.60 w/tax) from each card to your account. Now you have a no risk card added as your autopay card, $8 added to your balance, 4 boxes of cereal and you're up $3.12 for your efforts. Alternatively you can just get the SMS TEXT offer from no frills or RCSS and spend $20 this weekend and get 5000 (=$5) in pc optimum points in your account.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@UFO wrote:

I am currently on the $25 plan and I am on auto pay.  I want to switch to the $15 plan and my reward balance is already at $15/month currently, so I will pay $0 per month.  In this case, do I get the 250 MB bonus that comes with the $15 plan if you are on auto pay?

It's like my auto pay is active, but I don't really pay because my reward amount = my monthly plan amount.

Anyone had this?

The way I read this, you are getting $15 per month in various credits (referral, autopay,loyalty)

If you drop to the $15 plan and keep autopay enabled, your plan will continue to get the $2 autopay, so $13 per month and you will get the 250MB data. So with your $15 credits, your balance will go UP by $2 each month.  You will pay 0. No need to add any funds. Keep you credit card on file, and use the option to switch at next renewal 

I am in this situation. With covid and work from home, I dropped to the $15 plan. My credits pay for the plan and then some. I get the 250MB data and my balance has grown each of the last few months. 

@UFO you should consider @popping advice, there is a glitch that fails renewal of downgraded accounts because system withdraws enough for the new plan but checks if you have enough funds for your current plan before proceeding, so it fails you will have extra $10 on your account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

It is the never say never attitude that results in an autopay reward being credited regardless of payment circumstance.  BTW, what is the point of using a prepaid card with no funds?

Those cards have a fee. There's a minimum amount you need to get. Spend the money on it anyway and then park it on your account to get the reward. If your rewards are covering your plan cost then the card wont get hit and you've used the money on it anyway.

@Anonymous wrote:

@UFO wrote:

Anyone had this?

Here's a tip. Get one of those prepaid "credit" card gift cards. Spend it out. Attach it to your account. That gets you the $2 reward even though it'll never get called upon.

Well...never say never 🙂

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@esjliv Autopay not needed for data bonus

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you everyone!!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@UFO 

Autopay reward is easy to get as long as it is enable.

Your rewards will be added to your account as available fund shortly after midnight on your renewal day.  If your account has enough available to pay your plan fee, PM will not take money from your your autopay cc.

Since your are change from $25 plan to $15 plan, you should add $10 to your account before your renewal date just in case the plan change bug is still not fixed yet.  The extra $10 + your $15 reward = $25 available fund which is enough to pay for your old plan.  This will ensure that your renewal will be completed without error.  You will have $10 available fund after plan change renewal.

@esjliv 

Yes it says it's an autopay bonus but it's automatically attached to the $15 plan so it can't be considered a no data plan and default to 4G data like the $10 50/50 plan does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @geopublic ...I read this the plan details for the $15 plan that you must be on autopay to receive the 250mb...is it not worded that way?

Officially yes. Some have found otherwise. So I guess these things could change at any time without notice.

Hi @geopublic ...I read this the plan details for the $15 plan that you must be on autopay to receive the 250mb...is it not worded that way?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@UFO 

Isn't Publicmobile best? You only need to be registered for autopay to qualify for rewards, so you don't have to worry about that.

🙂 Congratulations on reaching 0 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UFO wrote:

Anyone had this?

Here's a tip. Get one of those prepaid "credit" card gift cards. Spend it out. Attach it to your account. That gets you the $2 reward even though it'll never get called upon.

Well...never say never 🙂

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@UFO  You don't need to pay with Auto-Pay to get the bonus as long as Auto-Pay is enabled you will get the bonus. Furthermore on the $15 plan even though it states 250 MB as an Auto-Pay bonus it is my understanding that you will receive the data on the $15 plan regardless if Auto-Pay is enabled or not.

Take note two ways to change plan.

1- change now - plan charged right away and starts, no refund on unused days of old plan.

2- change at next renewal. The one you want to select. New plan will start at next renewal and you'll be charged at payment due date.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @UFO ,

If you switch to the $15 plan and you are on autopay in your self serve account you will get deducted $13 (because of the $2 autopay bonus) from your $15 balance that you are currently showing.

And yes, as @iliketotalk already posted you do get your 250mb of data starting on your new renewal date.

esjliv_0-1599101057842.png

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@UFO wrote:

Anyone had this?

@UFO hi you are correct as long as you stay on autopay you will get the 250 mb 

Need Help? Let's chat.