cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 us roaming plan not working in Florida

Rabuf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sister is in Florida today and yesterday she bought the 10 day $20 US roaming addon.  She told me she has an iPhone and said she has data roaming turned on.   She says none of it is working. ie no data, no texts and no voice.   Is there something else she needs to turn on on the iPhone?

3 REPLIES 3

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Rabuf she can restart the phone and make sure it's on AT&T or T-Mobile.  If it doesn't go on one of those 2 she can manually search networks.  Also make sure she put the funds in her self serve account and then bought the roaming add on! 

@Rabuf wrote:

My sister is in Florida today and yesterday she bought the 10 day $20 US roaming addon.  She told me she has an iPhone and said she has data roaming turned on.   She says none of it is working. ie no data, no texts and no voice.   Is there something else she needs to turn on on the iPhone?

She might need to manually select either the AT&T or T-Mobile network.

As for the add-on itself, have her check in the self-serve account if it was purchased in properly. When going through what looks like the steps to purchase an add-on, proceeding only adds funds to the account balance if there isn't enough already there.  At that point the customer needs to go through the process again to make th actual purchase.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure the add-on was purchased and added to her account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.