cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 referral bonus is missing

simonb3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text message from Public Mobile saying that if a friend activates a new SIM card before a given date and using my referral code I would receive a one-time $20 reward. This has been more than 1 week now since my friend activated their SIM card, and I still don’t see the bonus. Note that I received the $1/month bonus though.

13 REPLIES 13

simonb3

Thank you. I received my $20 bonus after I sent a screenshot of the text message I received.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@simonb3 wrote:

I received a text message from Public Mobile saying that if a friend activates a new SIM card before a given date and using my referral code I would receive a one-time $20 reward. This has been more than 1 week now since my friend activated their SIM card, and I still don’t see the bonus. Note that I received the $1/month bonus though.

@simonb3 ,

Pay attention to the date your friend activated and the dates it was stated on the Text Offer your received. If something it conflicting, then you should include a screen shot of the Text Offer you received.

FYI-CSA are not ALWAYS right. If you have something 'in writing" than provide it to CSA as proof.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simonb3 : That's it for me at the moment. I guess you've started the ticket process by now.

simonb3

Yes, it’s been four days past that day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simonb3 : The text goes on to say when you would be notified and it deposited. Has that day passed?

simonb3

The referral code was used around 9pm ET so that should not be a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simonb3 : This place runs on ET. If you're out west then that becomes 9pm. Hopefully the new customer activated before 9pm PT.

simonb3

Yes, I’ve checked and it’s not showing up in the payment history. Also, the referral was done a couple hours before the date/time given in the text message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simonb3 : Come to think of it...have you looked in your Payment history here (not payment card) to see if the amount was deposited? It lands in your Available Funds and then the next renewal will take it first and then if needed go to autopay if present.

That and you did do the referral before that date in the text?

simonb3

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simonb3 : Yeah it should have been by that day or that overnight. I guess you'll need to contact the CSA's. Click on the cartoon quote bubble to the lower right and muddle your way through the stupid chatbot to get to Submit ticket. The first login is this community (even though you're already logged in) and then you need the other login or PIN.

simonb3

Thank you for your reply. I’m already a couple days past the date mentioned in the text message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@simonb3 : The text should have mentioned when it would be applied. Usually there's a bit of a delay. Like even a few weeks.

Need Help? Let's chat.