cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 & $30 data plans are overpriced!

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Considering FIDO's $15 for 3GB, PMs data plans are overpiced.    ...AM I RIGHT? 

45 REPLIES 45

TMS

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

PM is not trying to get subscribers from Fido. Koodo is the one competing with Fido.

PM competitors are Chatr and Lucky.  There is no point to offer any plan better than Chatr and Lucky because PM plans are not zoned plan like Chatr and Lucky.  PM is already winning the subscriber war with Chatr and Lucky.  Why offer more when comparing with what Chatr and Lucky offering.

sure, but im routing for PM to beat'em all. lol ...fido inc.

That ship has sailed you will not see PM compete with any of the first or second teir providers again.

hopefully boxing or black friday  😉

@TMS wrote:

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

PM is not trying to get subscribers from Fido. Koodo is the one competing with Fido.

PM competitors are Chatr and Lucky.  There is no point to offer any plan better than Chatr and Lucky because PM plans are not zoned plan like Chatr and Lucky.  PM is already winning the subscriber war with Chatr and Lucky.  Why offer more when comparing with what Chatr and Lucky offering.

That ship has sailed you will not see PM compete with any of the first or second teir providers again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@TMS wrote:

@MoreYummy wrote:

Those low level data plan with talk at public mobile is for those who use little data, mostly talk and text people.

fido is CHEAPER!

Then go there and stop complaining here lol  No one is going to stop you from going to FIDO

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

@popping wrote:

@TMS wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren  who offers a better talk only plan for less than $20 ?  I have my dad (with the 400 minutes longdistance addon) I dont recall seeing anthing  better . 

actually he is paying $20 - $2 autopay, and $2 loyalty)  so $16,  but we can stick to the price w/o rewards. 🙂

popping

@TMS wrote:

TMS

@MoreYummy wrote:

Those low level data plan with talk at public mobile is for those who use little data, mostly talk and text people.

fido is CHEAPER!

TMS

If PM islooking...add a worthy 20 or 25 dollar plan 🙂      200 talk, unl out text, 200 data

srlawren

@TMS wrote:

Why even offer them!!! Joke....smh

@TMS great question.  I think largely it's a component of Telus' overall reponse to the CRTC calling on the carriers to provide "low cost" data options.  

As @NDesai pointed out--and this is not limited just to data--PM plans for a single service (talk only OR text only OR data only) are extremely poor.  As you add addition services, there is a "pick 2" discount that gets added so that the combined cost of any 2 services is less than the sum of the individual services, and then an even bigger discount is applied if you add the 3rd service in the form of a "pick 3" discount).  These discounts used to be visible in the plan builder page but PM removed them a few months back in an effort to make that page more understandable.  Regardless--the point is that PM's plan value strengh lies in choosing some form of each of the 3 services, and even more so if you can find a pre-configured promotional plan that provides all 3.

If you're looking for [pick your single service of choice]-only type plans, you will be better served elsewhere.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TMS

@TMS wrote:

There rways around that.  😉

Apply for phone plan, then tablet w FIDO. After, cancel phone plan. ....Or try another retailer (TPB, COSTCO etc...)

TMS

There rways around that.  😉

mimmo

Oficially you need a fido phone line/account,  to get the fido tablet plan for $15

TMS

Why even offer them!!! Joke....smh

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, it is because Public Mobile does not want to be a low priced carrier with data only. You will save more on a plan with talk/text/data all together. 

Need Help? Let's chat.