cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 things... Where are the 3G Plans and how do I add another line?

dc72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Two Whom This May Concern.....the hive

So I use Public Mobile for my teens phones. I have no reason to spend more than $15 per child for their cell phone. It's not economical and actually wrong for kids to be on their phones all of the time. They use it for emergencies, texting and on school and home WIFI. With that said, how can I add another 3G line for my second child to use?  Public Mobile is supposed to be a bargain. When I recently logged on I was shocked to see these expensive prices. If I want to pay premium prices I would add my kids phones to my Rogers account. 

Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dc72   the $25 and $15 plans are now back on the site and can be activated on the web.  You just need to use another email:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#3G

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

gmail dot aliases work just fine.  The plus not so much. And I found that the low price plans also show up in the web sign up version...not just the app.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dc72  everyone in the community are scratching their heads  as to why it’s only in the app . And yes it is inconvenient to not be able to just add a second line . But yes once activated you can still see and manage everything in the website as usual 

@dc72   the one email and one account has been long policy.  Some people used email alias but seems like the trick no longer working now.  So, just need a new email for another account

For the app to activate $15 or $25 3G plans, I guess PM is pushing for the other plans.  But I am glad at least the low priced plans are still available  

dc72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks....That's what I thought. A bit inconvenient....also why can't they be on the web browser again? It's strange.  So, now I have to create another email account so I can manage my other child's number and now I have to use the app to do that? Will it show up on my the browser once I log in. This hassle is making me reconsider other options.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dc72 You can activate a line on the 3G plans using the Public Mobile app. Plans are only available there and in the self-serve for now I believe. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dc72   the 3G $15 plan is still there.  You just need to use the App to activate and it will be there

3GPlans_Watermarked.jpg

and PM is one email for one account /line.  So, for your second child, please use a new email address to activate

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dc72  For 3G plans the $15 and $25!plans are still there and for activation on the new PM app .as for adding a line you can’t . You have to create a new account with its own email 

Handy1_0-1686275234567.png

Need Help? Let's chat.