cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 step verification

robpirate319
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to go back to basic. When I am back in the UK, trying to add funds to my account is impossible, as you ask for a telephone number and in the UK, I cannot use the mobile number I have with you. I had given you a Canadian landline, which I can use but now it appears you have stopped the use of that. All I want is an email verification, as it was before. It was so easy before. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It is infuriating.

8 REPLIES 8

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@robpirate319  "trying to add funds to my account is impossible"
Until you return to Canada and can setup your Eversafe id here's how you can add $ to your account. 

1. get the app and a number from Fongo.com; free Canada calling while on wifi
  2. purchase a PM voucher online if you do not have a credit card registered on your account or cannot remember your 4 digit PIN
  3. use Fongo to call the IVR service at 1-855-4PUBLIC (782542)
  4. follow the prompts to add voucher or pay with credit card

Some notes:

• Vouchers on-line: recharge.com , https://www.ding.com ; muskbird.com  (seems lowest service charge)
  • next time you travel forward your number to Fongo and use their forwarding voicemail to email service

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

robpirate319

Add to that, the lack of customer service. These stupid bots should be banned. They are more than useless.

robpirate319

And in order to keep the mobile activated whilst I'm away, I need to put money on it. If I can't access the mobile phone to pick up these codes, then I can't put money on the account and the number will disappear. In reality, Public Mobile have not thought this through properly, assuming that everyone is based in Canada. Really backwards.

robpirate319

Sorry I should have said I cannot access my public mobile phone in the UK

robpirate319

But it is impossible for me as I cannot access my public mobile account in the UK. That is the problem I am trying to resolve

@robpirate319 

Unfortunately, this is all new part of the new website and new PM app. If you want to access your account and get the 2FA code…then you must create one.

robpirate319

I didn't, it appears public mobile put that into place and I don't want it.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@robpirate319 

If you didn’t create a Eversafe ID yet. Go ahead and create one before you get the 2FA code before login to your account. Click on Sign Up.

This is new to all members. Note that your email on your account will be the same as on this Community (if it is different).

IMG_0110.png

Need Help? Let's chat.