cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan with Unlimited Incoming Calls-need clarification

dotchu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the $15 plan, you get 100 min Canada-wide talk time and Unlimited Incoming Calls. Does it mean when your friends call you from the States, it is FREE ie there is NO charge for you and no minutes will be deducted from your allowable 100 min Canada-wide talk time? thanks a lot!

12 REPLIES 12

Also note that with the current $15 plan, outgoing calls to toll free numbers to not consume minutes. This allows you to stretch your minutes further. The $5 add-on for an extra 500 minutes does not expire until fully consumed (it will carry over from month to month), and the add-on minutes do not get used until 100% of the plan's minutes are used each 30 days.

While you have access to Wi-Fi, you can also compliment your outgoing calling with 3rd party calling apps like TextNow or Google hangouts dialer for outgoing calls.

GregR7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

generally (almost universally), the party that MAKES the call covers the cost of the call, no matter where it is going to.  the caller has the control, the receiver not so much, so the caller is made to cover the costs and the receiver is not made to cover the costs.

if you punch me, that's your action, not mine.  you pay the price, i don't.  if i punch you back, then i pay for the second part.

and besides, think of how many spammers and telemarketers call you and if you answer the call, it's not really your fault as it could have been a legit call, especially in business where you might have out-of-town suppliers or customers reaching out to you for one reason or another.

charmer117
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All incoming calls unlimited u will only get charge minutes are making calls

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dotchu  To save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts to Canada and the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and viola you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. Thank you

@dotchu  Public mobile is owned by telus so it is on the telus network with excellent comprehensive coverage across Canada with the shared telus/bell network. Call quality would only diminish if a international call or any incoming call was on an inferior network or a poor quality phone. There are never any additional charges, overages or surprise bills because you pay for your service ahead of time. If it's not included it just won't work. Many people on the $15 plan also purchase the $5/500min add on that is Canada wide calling and remains on your account (rolling over every month) until completely used. It gives assurance if you use all of your plans100 outgoing minutes you won't get cut off during an important call. At $0.01 per minute its a bargain. Once most people get used to calling you the add on could last a year or more unless you talk a lot!

All incoming calls from anywhere in the world are free as long as you are in Canada. No minute deductions. No time restrictions. I cannot comment on the quality of international calls as I have not received any while on PM.

dotchu

thanks Mpcdesign. It is clear now.

dotchu

Thanks 

dotchu

Thanks JoyLuck. That is a good deal isn't it? What about incoming calls from Canada or even international? any charges/minutes deducted? any time restrictions? Is the connection quality good? Sorry about all these questions. Am thinking of switching .

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@dotchu, the cheapest plan from Public Mobile allows you to call out anywhere in Canada, but you only get 100 minutes. If you call someone for 25 seconds, your call gets bump up to a minute. 

When you receive a call, it's unlimited. So, maybe text your friends to call you so you can save your minutes for when you truly need them! 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dotchu wrote:

For the $15 plan, you get 100 min Canada-wide talk time and Unlimited Incoming Calls. Does it mean when your friends call you from the States, it is FREE ie there is NO charge for you and no minutes will be deducted from your allowable 100 min Canada-wide talk time? thanks a lot!

That is correct.  You have UNLIMITED INCOMING calls no matter where they originate from as long as you are located in Canada.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire
  1. All incoming calls are free. Your friends can call you from the US and no minutes deducted. Your 100 minutes is for outgoing calls in Canada. If you want to call your friends in the US you need an add on.
Need Help? Let's chat.