cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 plan

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have a question, looking at a plan for my dad, just needs a phone doesn't need data or anything else.  So the $10 plan would be good for him.  My question is does the minutes roll over to the next month if they are not used?  Just curious...

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@hang2 wrote:

Does the $5 for 500 mins Canada wide work on this $10 plan? 

Yes, it does.

The 500 minutes are staying in your account until all used up while the 50 minutes in your plan are resetting at your renewal date.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hang2 wrote:

All add-ons work for this plan.

Unlike Lucky where you can't add data.

hang2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mcbridemike wrote:

the minutes do not roll over

@mcbridemike thanks for trying to be helpful, but this was already answered more than a week ago:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/10-plan/m-p/362305/highlight/true#M4296...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mcbridemike

the minutes do not roll over

Riverman

@sue-s wrote:

Have a question, looking at a plan for my dad, just needs a phone doesn't need data or anything else.  So the $10 plan would be good for him.  My question is does the minutes roll over to the next month if they are not used?  Just curious...

thanks

If your Father uses his phone "very little" you might find it interesting to look at some of the plans on offer from "Speakout" from 7/11 as low as $25 a yr.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@sue-s wrote:

thanks

@sue-s  no they do not, you might want to put him on the $15 plan, its cheaper than buying addons if he uses the phone 

Tiprix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sue-s , while you're looking at phone plans for your dad, here are a few things to consider.  Was he with another phone company? You might want check his history and make sure the $10 plan is enough minutes.  For my dad, he doesn't like keeping track of minutes and would rather go for unlimited, even if he barely did any call for a month or two. As public mobile would not allow you to make calls once you run out minutes, this is an important point to consider. Additionally, make sure he know what he has and include them in the conversation, he may have his own preferences.

And no worries if the initial plan you choose for your dad doesn't work, you could always change it the next month and/or buy add-ons.

BEER

@sue-s wrote:

thanks

No they don't - Suggest you consider the $15 plan with auto top up that will reduce the monthly payment down to $13 plus the dreaded taxes of course.

$13 will give your dad - unlimited txts - 100 free LD minutes and 250mb data. 

You will be surprised that even though some say they just need voice once they have data and texts they will start using it more and more as they get more comfortable with it. Just ask my 89 year old grandmother that now expects us to regularly text her with our day to day news. LOL.

missorange

the mins not roll over to the next month, only add on mins/data carry forward. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sue-s wrote:

thanks

@sue-sPM is a prepaid service so use them or lose them. If you purchase an add-on then that never expires until the minutes are used or you cancel your account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sue-s wrote:

thanks

The unused minutes expire after 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.