cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 off a Month for 8 Months

adamrayford
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I've activated my SIM card on Feb 3rd, 5:50PM central. I'm aware the offer ends today but as I was activating my account I seen no indication I was benefiting from this offer. I just want to make sure I got in on it on time or if I missed anything as I was signing up. (I was no aware of any promo code or anything).

Does anyone know how I can tell if I'm going to get the $10 off a month or not?

Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15

All you need is an account activated with a phone number. If you choose to grab a new number you can Port in your existing number whenever you want without losing the promotion. This gives the opportunity to have everything working on your phone before involving your existing number just in case something goes wrong....which does happen occasionally. 

To grab the promotion by midnight eastern, 9PM pacific all you need is a sim or just a sim number if someone can message you a sim number then mail you the SIM card. More reason to get activated without involving your existing number until you receive the actual SIM card.

AE_Collector

@Heasarc  whichever retailer you go to now. Get them to activate it for you. So you qualify for the Lunar promotion. 

@Heasarc wrote:

That's really getting to be crunch time for me, can you indicate which retailers participate in this?

DinoFlint
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Most of the Loblaws, London Drugs, and Walmart have the SIM cards on dedicated kiosks

I would go to a London Drugs if you have one around

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Heasarc wrote:

That's really getting to be crunch time for me, can you indicate which retailers participate in this?

Check here for the closest location to you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

Walmart may be the safest bet, but their mobile kiosks hours are different from stores hours, so ymmv

@Heasarc wrote:

Walmart. Some offering free sim if you activate in store..

Don't forget a referral code for $10 sign up bonus.

If you're porting a number from another provider don't do it at Walmart...let then set you up with a new number...then you can port your number by yourself at home online through self serve account.

Hurry hurry to get the deal 😉 

@Heasarc 

@adamrayford wrote:

Thanks for the detailed information, Sorry I couldn't set you as the solution.

You're welcome were here to help. Doesn't matter the solution.

But there is away to modify your solution for future knowledge.

If you click the 3 dots on the post that you marked as the solution. There is an option to click "Not the solution". Then you would be able to select another solution.

Again welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Heasarc

@Heasarc 

It's still not to late you could go to a store and activate there on the spot or take it home and activate. It's on till midnight

Thanks for choosing my response as the solution @adamrayford . Glad that we could help you . Have a great week.  Welcome to PM to you and @Heasarc .

@Heasarc wrote:

To add to this question, if I am a brand new user and sign up today (which means not receiving my sim card until well after this promotion is done), will I still be eligible for this promo?

Hey Adam lol

You have to open your account today, for which you need the SIM card number.

Get a SIM from a participating retailer while they are still open?

adamrayford

Thanks for the detailed information, Sorry I couldn't set you as the solution.

Both of you on this thread Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂.

It will be within 30 days as per the terms of promotion.

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Limited-time-offer-Get-up-to-10-off-for...

You have to activate the SIM to qualify. So no

@Heasarc wrote:

To add to this question, if I am a brand new user and sign up today (which means not receiving my sim card until well after this promotion is done), will I still be eligible for this promo?

Hey Adam lol

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

You will and it will be applied in months 2 to 9

@adamrayford wrote:

Hello, 

I've activated my SIM card on Feb 3rd, 5:50PM central. I'm aware the offer ends today but as I was activating my account I seen no indication I was benefiting from this offer. I just want to make sure I got in on it on time or if I missed anything as I was signing up. (I was no aware of any promo code or anything).

Does anyone know how I can tell if I'm going to get the $10 off a month or not?

Thank you!

Heasarc

Hey Adam lol

Need Help? Let's chat.