cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10/month credit for 6 months on $30 plan

Milk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Just want to make certain before I switch.     --- If I switch from my $10/month plan to the $30 / Month plan.(  Special Offer! $30 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus) would I also get the $10/month credit for 6 months?
8 REPLIES 8

@Milk wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

And I'm not sure what is NOT clear about the wording in the initial announcement or in the write-up on the website. "Activate" to me clearly means a new plan?

Yes I understand your point however to be fair one could also interpret "Activate a different plan".  Anyways no big deal now we understand what is meant.

You do not activate a different plan, you change your plan.

@Milk wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

If you do what said above, you will lose the current balance you have and the loyalty rewards if you have. 

Just also noticed that if I refer a new account I would get an additional $25 as well as another $25 towards the new account.  Seems too good to be true, but is it also another incentive?

That is correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Milk

@wetcoaster wrote:

And I'm not sure what is NOT clear about the wording in the initial announcement or in the write-up on the website. "Activate" to me clearly means a new plan?

Yes I understand your point however to be fair one could also interpret "Activate a different plan".  Anyways no big deal now we understand what is meant.

Milk

@NDesai wrote:

If you do what said above, you will lose the current balance you have and the loyalty rewards if you have. 

Just also noticed that if I refer a new account I would get an additional $25 as well as another $25 towards the new account.  Seems too good to be true, but is it also another incentive?

@slash407 wrote:

u can change but u have to be a new member, i dunno why they didnt make that clear on their promo page

Wrong - it has to be on a new account. There is a difference.

If you don't care about your number, or loyalty rewards, just open a new account.

If you care about keeping your number, do the math to figure out if (6x$10 promo discount + $25 refer-a-friend-promo - $10 for new PM SIM - $? for new SIM at other provider - $? short term plan cost at new provider - $? forfeited amount of remaining service at PM - $? loyalty reward if applicable) is worth the time and hassle to port out to another provider and back into your new PM account.

Only you can make that decision.

@slash407 wrote:

u can change but u have to be a new member, i dunno why they didnt make that clear on their promo page

It is mentioned in the details. 

"Customers who activate on [30 or] 90-day plans will have $10 credits applied every 30 days."

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Milk wrote:
Just want to make certain before I switch.     --- If I switch from my $10/month plan to the $30 / Month plan.(  Special Offer! $30 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus) would I also get the $10/month credit for 6 months?

The $10 off for 6month promo is for new actiavations only. You can open a new account, but if you want to keep your number you need to port out to a different carrier and then back into your new account. Do the math and make sure that it is worth it for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.