cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 844 number issue - Can't call to Toll Free number

monocycliste
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm trying to call a 1 844 toll free number but I get an automatic messgae saying my plan doesn't cover this call. 

I have province wide calling, so it's treating it either as Canadian or US call... but should be included anyhow. I've researched on this issue and found I wasn't the only one having this problem and that PM should be looking into it.

I'm posting about it so PM knows there are more customers with this issue. Is it going to be fixed anytime soon?

Thank you

21 REPLIES 21

Tiki
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having same problem, how do I call 1-844 number 

There is an ability for the receiving end of a toll free number to block calls from outside specific calling areas, to keep costs down generally.  For example, I’ve heard of a manufacturing company having a number that only allows phone  numbers from within a province, and does not accept calls from outside the province.

Also, there were 3 or 4 separate issues in this thread, the most recent was within the last week.  Dot bring up new threads just to dis the Public Mobile team.

bar0460
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Picasso1

Here it is July 2018 2 years since this thread started.and Still CAN NOT CALL TOLL FREE!

This company is owned by a major Telephone Company and still can't get it together. Public Mobile has to be one of the worst cell providers in Canada. Sure they're cheap but it comes with lots of sacrifices. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Thanks for reaching out to us, Lisa. We'll be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Best,

Syed

lisamarie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this same issue with a 1-833-997-5337 toll free number. It's actually my own business number and it's toll-free for Canada and the USA. I am dialing it from Toronto. I don't think I need to buy extra add-ons to call this number?

@Kalla_A, please help?

Thanks,
lisa

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @jasonhjia

I am really sorry to hear about this. This is actually a known issue; but we do have a work around for it.

Can you please send me your phone number via private message? We will make the necessary changes to enable you to call these numbers.

Thank you!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@jasonhjia Our community moderator @Shazia_K should be able to help you with this.

jasonhjia

Hi biros, I also have the same issue. Try to dial 844 724 7167 but no luck

@biros Good to hear. Thanks for your update. 

biros

Confirmed issue resolved. tnx

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's a good workaround @Kalla_A, providng a lond distance add-on for the customer. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You're very much welcome @7789849803!

Cheers,

Kalla

Thanks for your response, @Kalla_A!

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @7789849803 and @biros,

This a temporary issue that we are currently working on. 

We do have a temporary workaround for it, which is adding a LD add-on. I have done so for you @biros.

Cheers,

Kalla

@Kalla_A Would you be able to respond to the question in the last post above?

biros

It seems to have been quite some time since this was originally reported... but it seems the problem still persists (globally, or is it just for me?)

I am trying to contact UP Union Pearson Express customer service at:

1-844-GET-ON-UP (438-6687)

And I get the message "Sorry, we cannot complete your call. You don't have an active long distance add-on and this call isn't covered by your plan. Get an add-on by dialing *611."

Is this (selective toll free access) a permanent, long term, or temporary situation?

Thank you for insight.

-s-

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

It was my pleasure @srlawren. That's what I am here for !  🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for looking into this, @Mary_M.  A number of folks have run into this issue, so anything that your team can do to help expedite this issue would be wonderful.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon @monocycliste !

I am very sorry to hear about this inconvenience. This is actually a known issue, can you please send me your phone number via private message and I will gladly look into this ?

Thank you 🙂

-Mary

Mayor / Maire

I know this issue has been discussed on the community before. I believe @Jeremy_M was researching it?

Need Help? Let's chat.