cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting problem: possible solution

evergreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

2 fam members ported to PM on Nov 19. Both processes went through, cards charged, can open My Account, can make calls, data working, BUT can NOT receive calls. SIM from other provider still working, so it is clear that the porting did not go through. The immdediate concern is the double-billing, although someone here already suggested that the original port date will be honored (if that ever happens). E-mailed, help, tagged MODS, nothing.

Has somone tried this option? So within my account, select a new PM number, confirm that its working (can call and can receive calls). THEN try to PORT the same number that seemed to be in LIMBO, the one that did not port the first time. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

@evergreen wrote:

The immdediate concern is the double-billing, although someone here already suggested that the original port date will be honored (if that ever happens).

Has somone tried this option? So within my account, select a new PM number, confirm that its working (can call and can receive calls). THEN try to PORT the same number that seemed to be in LIMBO, the one that did not port the first time. 

I strongly recommend not to do that suggestion.  It will likely just further complicate things. Adding further variables into an already problematic situation is just asking for trouble.   As it it stands now, your services from the old carrier are still working, so I would just use that for now.

As for the double charging, I'm not sure what you mean by the "original port date being honored". Are you refering to the billing by the old company?  Sorry, that's not how things work. Your old carrier will continue to bill you for all services up until your number porting is complete.  If any billing adjustments need to be made, it will be by Public Mobile for not yet being able to provide the service properly up until things are complete.  It's been reported that Public Mobile will sometimes reset the start date of your plan so that you only get charged form the time everything is up and running correctly.

Don't think choosing a new number and retrying the port-in is a good idea; it will, at least, run afoul of the 1 number change/month rule. If you are willing to try one more thing have a look at this:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/How-I-fixed-porting-my-mobile-number-and-p...

Meanwhile, if your service is down you can make/receive phone calls with an application like that from fongo.com. It provides a free number and calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or cellular data. Incoming SMS is also free. Installed on my iPod it is my emergency backup plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ryanmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Need Help? Let's chat.