cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clarification on messaging mods

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Was just hoping on some clarifications on messaging with mods

moderator_team = goto tag and private messaging account, it is access by all mods

in the past if we messaged say shazia that also was accessable to all mods.  does it still work that way or  is the message only read by that specific mod?

26 REPLIES 26

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08 I would 🙂

@zhadj030 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:
Maybe the mods should have a profile description like our oracles do ?

Add mayors to that as well, since that is the top (excluding oracles) I am surely interested in knowing a bit more about the regulars in here. 

also @mimmo thanks to posting the idea, it was the only way I actually knew about this discussion 

@zhadj030, Ah there are to many Mayors and every increasing.  Most of the recent ones got it within 6 months.  Better off haiving a BIO area on your profile page when people click on your name.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@zhadj030 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Add mayors to that as well, since that is the top (excluding oracles) I am surely interested in knowing a bit more about the regulars in here. 

also @mimmo thanks to posting the idea, it was the only way I actually knew about this discussion 

Meh...who'd wanna know about me.  Smiley Tongue

Harvir_K
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

lol I don't mind tell about me. I am 24 years old and live in bc. 🤔 Don't know what else to put.

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo

created a public lab topic  lets see where it goes.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hi mimmo_L,

Good idea. It kind of puts a human side to them. Not that they are not aleady human if you know what I mean. 😉

mimmo

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hi Marie Helene,

It's really nice to hear you guys get along well. It's also really nice learning some things about you and the other mods. Thanks you. 🙂

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13

Ahahahah funny because I almost said that! If only you knew how much I love food Cat LOL 

Whenever someone brings in Timbits or cupcakes (or any food really) the box always somehow ends up on my desk, empty... Oopsy 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@SD08

! We wouldn't trade any of youuuu!!! Cat Very Happy  

Marie

@MarieHelene_L, oh come on ifsomeone offered a box of Timbits and a Double Double I would be out the door LOL  Smiley Tongue

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

MarieHelene_L

@SD08

Ahaha nooo absolutely not! We actually love seeing you guys so involved Cat Embarassed  

We know you all have a great understanding of PM and how things work, so we know you can provide our fellow community members with great and useful answers! You can't even understand how helpful that is when we have loads of private messages to answer and you guys assist to the best of your knowledge on public posts! We wouldn't trade any of youuuu!!! Cat Very Happy  

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

SD08

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@mimmo

It isn't really possible in fact Cat Indifferent  

Let's say you wanted to get help from Shazia and you send her a message on Friday night, well Shazia doesn't work weekends so you would have to wait until Monday to get assistance - which isn't really what we want to happen 😕 

That's why often multiple mods will be involved in the same conversation, if the mod you're speaking with leaves for the day or for a day off, we don't want you to wait until they come back to get an answer! We would rather have multiple mods involved than leave you hanging until 'your' mod comes back. 

We all have access to every user's previous conversation with all the mods so if you are referring to a past issue, or if we feel like it could be useful to know what happened and what has been done before, we will surely take a look at the previous conversations 🙂 

Messaging individual mod is very not likely to happen. That would possibly mean a very unbalanced work load for some mods. We all know everyone loves Shazia and Mary, but it wouldn't be fair for them to have a higher workload simply because everyone would like to be assisted by them specifically Smiley Tongue 

However if you send a private message specifically meant for Mary (let's say a birthday wish, a thank you note or anything else), I can transfer the message to Mary's inbox for her to personally respond to you! But in regular cases, first mod available will answer regardless of who the message was sent to 🙂 

I hope that clarifies your question!

Marie

This is a great topic.  Thanks for the clarification about the work distribution and how things are behind the scenes.  It's good to hear that the moderators get along well.  And for the record, we Heart  you too.  I hope you moderators aren't getting too tired of constantly seeing our usernames and posts everywhere, tagging (and probably nagging) you.  Smiley Tongue

MarieHelene_L

Aww haha you guys are great!

@jeffster1970 

Everyone works full time, so even if you see some of us being more active publicly, know that everyone is equally active behind the scenes! 

And as much as we would love to be able to work from home, we currently all work together in the same office! We work together, we hang out together, we ask each other for help and advice, we even have potlucks together! (Oh and by the way, Shazia makes the best butter chicken in the world. Like, for real).  

And even before our friends on emails joined us on the community that was the way things were! We've all been working together for a while and we love everyone on the team so it just feels like a big family Cat Embarassed Heart 

Marie

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker wrote:

:HeartI'm going to attempt to use the Moderator_Team account from now on.  I don't want to reveal my favorite mods Heart

Hmmm....

That's ok, you can share the details here, we won't say anything.

:HeartI'm going to attempt to use the Moderator_Team account from now on.  I don't want to reveal my favorite mods Heart

mimmo

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

We all know everyone loves Shazia and Mary, but it wouldn't be fair for them to have a higher workload simply because everyone would like to be assisted by them specifically Smiley Tongue 

We love all mods equally.  Before the moderator_team   account was created I think mary and shazia were the easiest mod names to remember so we typically chose the ones we could tag most easily.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a question for the mods, do you guys work at home or in an office somewhere? 

Are you all full-time?

Thanks so much @MarieHelene_L for taking time to explain this process. 

This is really helpful. 

mimmo

Thanks for the clarification it is good information to know.  maybe it should be added to the the contacting mod KB article.

Have a great weekend Marie

MarieHelene_L

@will13am

Awww hihi that's nice to hear Cat Embarassed 

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@mimmo

Let's say you wanted to get help from Shazia and you send her a message on Friday night, well Shazia doesn't work weekends so you would have to wait until Monday to get assistance - which isn't really what we want to happen 😕 

That's why often multiple mods will be involved in the same conversation, if the mod you're speaking with leaves for the day or for a day off, we don't want you to wait until they come back to get an answer! We would rather have multiple mods involved than leave you hanging until 'your' mod comes back. 

We all have access to every user's previous conversation with all the mods so if you are referring to a past issue, or if we feel like it could be useful to know what happened and what has been done before, we will surely take a look at the previous conversations 🙂 

Messaging individual mod is very not likely to happen. That would possibly mean a very unbalanced work load for some mods. We all know everyone loves Shazia and Mary, but it wouldn't be fair for them to have a higher workload simply because everyone would like to be assisted by them specifically Smiley Tongue 

However if you send a private message specifically meant for Mary (let's say a birthday wish, a thank you note or anything else), I can transfer the message to Mary's inbox for her to personally respond to you! But in regular cases, first mod available will answer regardless of who the message was sent to 🙂 

Marie

@MarieHelene_L, just so that you don't feel left out with all the love/work depending on how you look at the situation, you are my go to moderator because I tend to do much of my account management stuff on the weekends.   Smiley Happy

MarieHelene_L

@mimmo

Marie

mimmo

Thanks Marie,

Wow that makes for some duplication. (my personal philosophy, and that of many others, is only tagging for general questions, and telling people to private message moderator_team  for account related.

Hopefully in the future they we will be able to message individual mods directly (knowing that you will get a reply the next time they are online) 

This is the second part of my question:

@MarieHelene_L What is the best way to contact a specific mod,  ie if i have an ongoing "case"  that they have helped with in the past, rather than getting a new mod involved and trying to bring them upto speed? 

MarieHelene_L

Hey @mimmo

Great question! 

It still works the same way it used to, a message sent to any of the mods is accessible to everyone! 

Hence why it really isn't necessary to send multiple messages to everyone, sending 15 times the same copy pasted message to everyone will not make us work faster - it'll just hurt our eyes a little bit Cat Tongue  

(Because yes that does really happen lol) 

First mod available always takes the first message in line! 

Cheers, 

Marie

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Yes to both questions.  Tagging @Moderator_Team or any of the moderators individually go to every one of them.

It's still a First-in, first-out lineup.  But they do all see them messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.