cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Travel. When calling PUBLIC; CONDITIONAL CALL FORWARDING IS ENABLED????

DAK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am presently travelling in the USA using the $20 for 10 days plan. When I make a call to Canada a text box comes up with "PUBLIC; CONDITIONAL CALL FORWARDING IS ENABLED".

Can any body tell me what this means and why it is there? The calls eventually go through...

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DAK, it does seem strange you are getting the warning when making calls.  Otherwise you are correct, the number is the correct number for voice messaging.  Also you can't make changes to call forwarding while away from the home network.

DAK

It will not let me turn it off. Says operator does not allow it.

I am receiving calls so that is all I want but would like to find out why this is happenning. It did not do it last trip.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@DAKwrote:

Going into call Forwarding it has calls forwarded to 5875804001. 

I think this is the Telus number for voice mail?!

Can you confirm?

Is this correct be default or can I remove?

Thanks

That is correct, that is Telus voicemail number. If you have someone who can call you, turn it off, get them to call you, and see if eventually the call gets redirected to voicemail after the normal amount of rings. When used PM in the USA I did not have this setting of call forwarding to voicemail.

DAK

Going into call Forwarding it has calls forwarded to 5875804001. 

I think this is the Telus number for voice mail?!

Can you confirm?

Is this correct be default or can I remove?

Thanks

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It sounds like maybe by accident or otherwise that call forwarding was enabled on your phone. Go to phone settings on your phone, you should see a call forwarding option, and turn it off. 

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Need Help? Let's chat.