cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success porting from TELUS

tychicus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm a new member and just wanted to say that this is a great community! Learned a lot reading the forums, but also started to get a bit nervous with all of the errors being reported. Took the plunge and ported my number from TELUS on a Microsoft Lumia 950 without a single issue!

Completely seamless and my voice, text, and data are all working.Thought I would post this for any last minute subscribers (like me!) for peace of mind.

Here is what worked for me:

- after following some advice on these forums, FireFox seemed to be the best choice. had some issues with loading the activation site on other browers, but FireFox was the one that ultimately worked for me

- followed the advice of ONLY entering required fields. did not enter my birthdate, even

- make sure you use a DIFFERENT email than from your TELUS account (known issue)

- again, mentioned a few times on the forum is to check the box to say you are authorized to port BEFORE entering any information.

- for porting, I entered Account number ONLY (copy and pasted it from my most recent TELUS bill PDF), no pin, no IME. Then put my wife's number for "alternate phone" and my full name AS SHOWN on my most recent TELUS bill for the final required fields.

- when you get to the plans page there are a bunch of columns. choose the 90-day, province-wide, unlimited text, 12GB and then the "fall promo" gets automatically selected in the last column, showing the total of $120 for the 90 days

- entered credit card info and boom, after submitting only took about 30 seconds before receiving the text message confirming my selected PIN and service dropping on my TELUS SIM

- turned off phone, replaced SIM with new PM SIM, and upon startup instantly got connected to cell signal without data. DO NOT need to manually enter APN data, as the SIM seemed to auto-detect the information and after a reboot the APN settings were updated and all was working

- test call, text, and internet usage are all up and running smoothly!

Maybe this was all obvious but I just wanted to post it as a peace of mind for anybody in a similar situation looking to make a last minute decision to port. Whole thing took less than 5 minutes for me! This may not help everyone but thought it might relieve some anxieties around the process.

11 REPLIES 11

eazybelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ledzeppelin Yes I think you are correct. Only the mods can fix this. Have you messaged them?

ledzeppelin
I've a peculiar issue. For some reason, my wife's account shows my Rogers mobile as both her number and alternative number. However, calls from her phone show correct number that she ported from chat.

When I'm trying to activate my Sim and try to port this Rogers number, it is telling that number is invalid. It's definitely because their system has my rogers number as her pm number.

My worry is until this is fixed , I cannot port.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
A worthwhile adventure 🤑

ryanwoo
Joining to PM seems like an adventure:)

eazybelle

Welcome!

jlm1991

Ya using a 830 on it.   Came originally from a LG Quantum ---> android/iphone/bb10 ----> Lumia 920 ---->blu jr ----> now my 830

tychicus

@jlm1991 wrote:

Also just wanted to say.

OMG there is another user.....  there are dozens of us literally dozens.

WP 4life

haha nice! you too?

jlm1991

Also just wanted to say.

OMG there is another user.....  there are dozens of us literally dozens.

WP 4life

tychicus

Thanks guys!

Edited as I forgot to include the known e-mail issue: make sure you register with a DIFFERENT e-mail address than what was used with your previous TELUS account!

jlm1991

We should save this tips as a cheatlist for others that are having issues. 

Welcome

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your experience!

Need Help? Let's chat.