cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving long distance call from Ontario

BrianBruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the basic 100-minute Canada wide plan and have made numerous calls to and received calls from within BC, including Vancouver Island and the Galiano. I also phoned a friend in Toronto and left a message for him to call back so I wouldn't be using up my outgoing minutes. He tried to call back and is gettng "number not in service" message. He tried using my number as is and with the 1- long-distance added to no avail. What gives?

6 REPLIES 6

BrianBruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In replying to Mayor Caveman, I presume others who responded will see this. I'll be opening a ticket as soon as I send this. FYI - my flip phone, an Alcatel is so primitive it doesn't have an alphabetical key function, i.e. it has numerical keying so that, for example, to type my name, Brian, I'd have to hit 11 keystrokes. The upshot is I don't text. And thank goodness for that. I prefer to communicate by voice telephone or face to face. In several chat conversations dealing with other online services, it has taken 20 or thirty minutes of chat to finally get the answer I require which would take less than five minutes in voice communication. No wonder people are glued to their smart phones all the time,

I am old and fear I've become the Statler or Waldorf in the balcony of life, as I get very frustrated by these technilogical glitches when a lot of the help sites function in, to my mind, a counter-intuitive way.

Withal, thanks to all for taking the time to help me today.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@BrianBruise, did you do a number port that may not have completed?  What number is being reported by your phone as being connected to the service?  Is it showing what you believe to be the correct number?  Try having your friends do a call back using the call history rather than contact list.  There is no way that an active account has a not in service number.  No number = deactivated account.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@BrianBruise 

Make sure your friend is calling the correct number. Ask your friend to text you.

If some calls are coming in and others are not, you will need to contact Moderators.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

It will also help to let Moderators know which cell providers cannot call you. You will have to ask your friend(s) who their telecom provider is.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@BrianBruise wrote:

I have the basic 100-minute Canada wide plan and have made numerous calls to and received calls from within BC, including Vancouver Island and the Galiano. I also phoned a friend in Toronto and left a message for him to call back so I wouldn't be using up my outgoing minutes. He tried to call back and is gettng "number not in service" message. He tried using my number as is and with the 1- long-distance added to no avail. What gives?

If friend is calling the right number, you have to open a ticket. Click the question mark to do that.

@darlicious wrote:

@BrianBruise  Check in your account that the phone number matches yours. Alternatively text your friend to ensure he has the correct number.

Brian is getting some calls. That means number wasn't changed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BrianBruise  Check in your account that the phone number matches yours. Alternatively text your friend to ensure he has the correct number.

Need Help? Let's chat.