cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data

sp00ny780
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi Everyone,

First off, I'm technologically inclined (or I thought I was until now) - however this has me boggled. I live outside Edmonton, and made a trip to Calgary a few weeks ago. When I arrived at Red Deer, my phone displayed "TELUS", instead of "Public Mobile". With that said, I have not been able to use data, nor has it switched back to PM. So what have I done?

Pulled Sim out, waited a few minutes and insert it back in. Nothing.

I have followed the steps in the forum to change/add APN settings. Doesn't work.

Reset my phone multiple times

Flipped airplane mode on and off.

LTE is defaulted (haven't tried 2/3G)

Network Operator is defaulted to TELUS, however I have BMC and Rogers to connect to but that's pointless.

The only thing I dread doing, is doing a factory wipe (Android). If there's anything that the community can help me out with... That'd be fantastic. Note, my phone still displays Telus and yes, I did have Data prior to all this and no.. I haven't gone over because I haven't been able to use it. Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No prob. That is what the forums is all about, and hopefully what will make PM successful and set it apart.

sp00ny780
Hi mimmo,

That's right, phone was showing PM and when I arrived to Red Deer it switched to TELUS. I have a Rooted - Samsung S4, and running Dirty Unicorns Mod on 5.1.1... as for updates, they're OTA and nothing recent. Mimmo, I went into my recovery and wiped my partition cache and rebooted. You're a genius brother! It didn't cross my mind to do that. My Data is up and running again. Thank you!

However, it displays H/H+ and not LTE...maybe because I live in the boonies. Anyways, thanks again mimmo!

sp00ny780
Hi Shutdown,

If you're referring to the "Cellular Network", Telus is my only option as PM uses their towers. However, the only thing that displays PM is under APN setting, which I did include in my post. Thank you, but before I tag a mod I'm going to try out some of these other possible solutions to the post.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire
Have you logged in to your account to see that you still have some data left until the next billing cycle?

Other than that, I would try the SIM in another phone if possible.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

hey great description of problem 🙂

phone showed public mobile before Red Deer?

what phone are you using?  any software/firmware updates recently?  

have you tried clearing partition cache ( i think that is the one i alwasy get confused between partition cache and cache, someone on community will confirm)

have you tried sim in a different phone?  will isolate sim/account issue or hardware problem.  (i think that would be my first step)

That is all i can think of at the momement.

also I always reccomend investing in a  spare sim, likley not the issue but always good to have one on hand incase of emergency or for a friend.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Go into your phone setting and manually set it to public mobile network instead of using automatic. If that doesn't help tag a mod for help.

Need Help? Let's chat.