cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for international minutes - and yet I can't call internationally

ohiii
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks -

my problem is that I ordered and paid for a $40 plan and added $15 for internationally calling, but I try to phone Germany, a voice tells me that I do not have a "talk" plan and cannot complete the call.

The charge was made to my credit card, so PM has my money. Under the self serve account, it states

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)
0  /  400 MIN

I desperately need to make a call. What's up???

8 REPLIES 8

@ohiii it is most likely a misdialled number giving you that message.

I've never placed a call to the UK (or overseas for that matter).  Ensure you have the right information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@paulmill wrote:

Tried adding international calling to my account. Already had US calling. Paid for 3 months ahead on my credit card, plus 15 for intl. Tried to call UK. Message saays no talk on your account. Confusing...there is no text only option.

Do you see the 400 minute add-on lower down in the data & add-ons area of your overview page?

Did you use the country exit code of 011 or + to be able to dial to another country?

paulmill

Tried adding international calling to my account. Already had US calling. Paid for 3 months ahead on my credit card, plus 15 for intl. Tried to call UK. Message saays no talk on your account. Confusing...there is no text only option.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ohiii what was the resolution?  Were you dialing the number in the wrong format perhaps?  Or needed to reboot your phone?  Or something else?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ohiii

It's all good, I managed to get it to work.

Thanks for the responses though!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ohiii  It looks like you purchased teh adddon as it shows up properly.  are you sure youare dialing teh number correctly.  misdilaing will sometimes give that message. 

try calling a usa number. pick any store in the USA.  and call if you get through then the addon is working, and its something with the number you dialed.  if you get the same message then its an account issue and you need to contact the mods.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @ohiii

Buying add ons is a two step process at Public Mobile. You add the funds to pay for it and then you go back in again and actually purchase the add on. Yes, not super intuitive. 

Is is there a credit balance of $15 or similar in your account?  If so you have not done part 2. 

If no credit balance, you should see the add on listed under your account overview. 

EdmondY
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your account active?  You need your base plan to be active still to complete the call, you can't just have that add on and expect it to connect your call.  Refresh self serve and double check that your plan hasn't expired yet otherwise you'll need to get in touch with a moderator.

Need Help? Let's chat.