Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Koodo offers Public Mobile customers $10 monthly bill credit

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
26 REPLIES 26

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is cannibalization pure and simple. 

It's good for the market and impressive that Koodo is even offering anything. 

Samz2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Interesting that this is coming to fruition, as it was alluded to last week by a RedFlagDeals user.

I suspect the offer is realistically going to need to be a bit sweeter to move users from Public to the higher-priced Koodo plans.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

dont think anyone is going to give up thier fall promo plan to move to Koodo and pay more for less data even with the discount

Lol, @Rockdaddy22, everything these days from Telus and affiliate are targeted.  If you don't get the memo, no point in talking about it.  You don't matter to them.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I coming up on my second year, I'm definitely loving the loyalty rewards. Actually being rewarded for being a loyal customer, what a concept lol

I'm at $36 / month for 4 GB average over 90 day Fall promo (I'm 1 year loyal now and 1 friend referal).  Next year, $35.  then $34.

I'm staying here.

Rockdaddy22
Wow I'm sorry 😐 lol That's good at least.

Here is the thread started yesterday on this.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Koodo-offers-Public-Mobile-customers-10-m...

Plus this is what MarieHelene said about it so it sounds like it is targeted to grandfathered plans again

MarieHelene_L wrote:

@will13am

Warning everyone! 

Not ALL Public Mobile customers are eligible for his offer. Only targeted customers who receive a text message to inform them about the promo can take advantage of the offer Smiley Happy 

Marie

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Where'd you notice the Telus news?

Rockdaddy22
Definitely not enticing me or my family lol

@Rockdaddy22 so client gets a $10 monthly credit if switch over for a single year?

Not very enticing to me...

Only way this makes sense is if client wants a high end phone and is trying to justify the +$15 / +$21 for Tab

*edit - Telus has same promo to give a choice of $10 credit for 24 months OR a $100 in store credit when porting in

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@will13am

Warning everyone! 

Not ALL Public Mobile customers are eligible for his offer. Only targeted customers who receive a text message to inform them about the promo can take advantage of the offer 🙂 

Marie

I would say they are targeting the grandfathered plans again if this is the case.  Really trying to get away from any call centre service for PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
Great points

Edit: looks like they will be reaching out.
http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/06/21/koodo-public-mobile-promotion/

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, It's not posted on Koodo's website, at least that I could find. The article said it was only available in Koodo stores and only happens when the clerk realizes the number is coming from PM. So, not much promotion and certainly a limited audience given the above conditions.

So the customer has already decided to leave PM, at least considered it since they are at the store.  Still, I don't understand the reasoning. Unless the person is in need of a new phone and is pulled in by the TAB. This could simply be a simple, Thank You for staying with 'us'.

Rockdaddy22
Just wondering what you guys think of this? I'd love to see the discussion on this one 🙂

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/telus/koodo-public-mobile-10-bill-credit/

ASharpTM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Probably isn't really worth it. Aside from not knowing which plans this credit even works with, this credit only applies for 12 months. After that I would assume you lose the credit and you pay full price again. What's the point?

Even with the credit I doubt it can beat the 4GB/$40 plan that I imagine a lot of people are on right now. Not to mention all the discounts you would get from things like referrals and autopay and such.

@MarieHelene_L wrote:

@will13am

Warning everyone! 

Not ALL Public Mobile customers are eligible for his offer. Only targeted customers who receive a text message to inform them about the promo can take advantage of the offer 🙂 

Marie

Oh my, I have been discriminated against again, this time by Koodo.  What has happened to Telus ever since Joe Natale left the building?  Cat LOL

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am

Warning everyone! 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It looks like Koodo is once again being asked to cannibalize Public Mobile.  So, apparently a $10 per month discount is being offered to switch to Koodo.  Anyone gonna line up for this one?  I would consider if it they can give me the Quebec plan, $49 for 6 gigs of data per month.  Unfortunately, the price comparable Ontario plan comes with 1 gig of data.  El Tabador can go get stuffed!

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/06/21/koodo-public-mobile-promotion/

mimmo
Juzt curious about that line as well koodo post paid more valuable then pm prepaid.

Any idea how/why?

If only this promo was on when i bought my g4 from superstore. Could have saved myself 25$ (3x10 -5 new pm sim)

Credits for only first 12 months and no rewards system like PM. 

May be PM got too many new users from the FM promo. So working together to keep users on telus after all. 

MEU_21

...and it is only for the first 12 months. After that, full price for their more expensive plans.

texwood
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ummm... no thanks.  I like PM's service so far.

Lol I m happy with public mobile. I don't think 10 dollar will attract any op here.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

I get more off per month with community reward, referrals and autopay.  The key phrase of this whole article is "It’s also worth noting that, at the end of the day, post-paid Koodo customers are more valuable to Telus, both brands’ parent company, than prepaid Public customers."

ToniCipriani
"Competition".
Need Help? Let's chat.