cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Community username?

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How do I change my Community username? There are posts from 4 years ago, but I couldn't find answers

8 REPLIES 8

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CherylKirby wrote:

How do I change my Community username? There are posts from 4 years ago, but I couldn't find answers

@CherylKirby

I can confirm by personal experience that moderators have the capability to change your username.  In my case, it was only a minor adjustment of a single character.

I can't say whether they will always perform a username change upon demand.  I imagine they may have reservations in cases where a change leads to two usernames being virtually identical and being easily confused for the other, or someone asking for multiple name changes, or someone taking on an offensive name.  In any case, the way to do it is by asking the moderators via private message.

FYI, when they change your username, your password will be reset as well.  Fortunately, in my case, the password reset e-mail arrived quickly.  If yours doesn't, then you may have to contact the moderators once more to fix that too.

@NDesai wrote:

As an Oracle, we have the ability to change our username. I am not sure if mods have the capability to change yours. It looks like you just signed up, so why not make a new account with the correct username? You can then message mods to close this account if possible. 

I did not know that I can change my username.  I just checked now and there is a warning that changing username resets the password.  That will mean waiting to receive the email that is "in the mail".  No need to test that function out.  Having said that, if oracles can make changes, I am sure the moderator team can do it on behalf of a user.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

As an Oracle, we have the ability to change our username. I am not sure if mods have the capability to change yours. It looks like you just signed up, so why not make a new account with the correct username? You can then message mods to close this account if possible. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh that's interesting mimmo_L. I suppose if one hasn't risen above the original rank then it wouldn't matter about abandoning. Whereas if you had some rank then you wouldn't want to lose that. But to make sure to use the same email address in the new account is good to know.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

whatever you do make sure your community account email matched your selfserve account email.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CherylKirby As far as I know you cannot change username by yourself. If it’s really important to change your username you can try to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to change it for you if it’s possible.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the email address in the one you don't want any more and then abandon the username forever after and then make up a new username using your preferred email address.

I'm new here...I didn't see a way to change it. Some forums offer that but it doesn't look like this one does.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can’t, it’s here to stay

Need Help? Let's chat.