cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System maintenance thread locked...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

so, is the decision is to lock all the Announcement threads from now on?  

if we ever need to ask a question regarding the announcement, we will now need to post our thread here instead?

10 REPLIES 10

I think too much clutter ends up distracting from the announcements. People who click on the announcement threads don't see the announcement itself - they see 4 pages of chitchat on the announcement thread - half of which has nothing to do with the announcement or announced topic, as often as not the entire last page basically becomes an unreadable pile of "moved by oracle" links.

PM might make an announcement about, say, a "new" flash sale which begins and ends next weekend. It's not supposed to become a tech support thread for people unable to get their messages working or who need to fix a Self-Serve problem or who want to ask routine questions about activations and plans and rewards. It's not supposed to become an ancillary lounge full of jokes and teasing and exciting picture albums of 1990s-era phone collections. It's not supposed to keep getting unearthed and churned up to the top of the pile by necro and noob and spambot posts again and again for months or years after the announced event has long expired.

@softech 

then who were the members complaining about Bravo's and posts? lol

same thing was happening in the past. and they took away the bravo leaderboard for it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

so, is the decision is to lock all the Announcement threads from now on?  

if we ever need to ask a question regarding the announcement, we will now need to post our thread here instead?

@softech  - what is wrong with locking that thread? 

If someone has an issue or a question regarding it, or has service issues during the announced period it is best that that person starts a new thread any way.

This would save from posts being moved around to their own thread.

Just the way I see it 🙂

@softech 

Funny because I was actually going to respond to that thread because I have an account that needs reactivating that night. Normally I would have waited until 12:00 midnight to reactivate but now I have to do so beforehand unless 611 is functioning..... during this time? Best to not take the chance and I will reactivate it after midnight eastern tonight.

@gpixel wrote:

@softech 

but you guys asked for it? this is their solution... sometimes things are better left alone. 

@gpixel  .. not me

@softech 

but you guys asked for it? this is their solution... sometimes things are better left alone. 

I like this "we barely get any response from the company"  Sometimes I really doubt if Jade and her team even browse the Community Threads.

I just find it interesting to see PM starts trying to judge if some posts are worthy enough for replies or some threads got too many braves and start locking posts  I am not saying it is right or wrong, still need to see how this trend grows.  

Instead of policing the Community against replies and bravos they think not worthy enough, I think they should spending time reading the posts themselves.    I have seen posts that OPS desperately needs CS Agent's help (they opened tickets for days and no agent replied and they came on the Communty for help).  There could be posts after posts for 3 days.  We helped to tag Jade and CS agent  on the posts but still no response.  

I think the team should spend more time on the Community posts and try to step in when needed than wasting time guarding the replies and bravos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's a judgment call on what announcement. This kind of announcement is purely a heads-up statement of a planned event. An announcement if you will 🙂 What's to discuss?

Others may very well be something to discuss. Like the ambiguous wording of promos and such. But even still...we barely get any response from the company on those so it's almost a why bother saying anything.

We can all start and discuss whatever we like just as you just did.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech You can start a new question regarding the announcement. So the CSA will not miss the questions in the midst. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

I guess so ☺️. No more easy bravos from those kinds of announcement posts anymore.  lol

Need Help? Let's chat.