cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers reduced in Community Stats_Feb. 2/21

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Anyone else notice their Stat Numbers reduced yesterday, Feb. 2/21?

I am referring to numbers of: POSTS, SOLUTIONS and BRAVOS, found when you hover over someone's Community name.

23 REPLIES 23

@softech wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

As of approximately midnight on January 31st your stats were as follows.... 293/257//11 and now they are 297/286/11 if you haven't had a solution in the last few days you can trace the archiving of posts to before your first solution......in theory.

how can you go back in history and check my stat in Jan?

.. and no.. i got 2 accepted solutions this month (Feb)

.. also, where to check "archived" posts? like how i know which post archived?

Hi @softech 

Simply hover your cursor over anyone's Community username, and voila, you'll get this information.  

As far as I know, I don't think we can view the archived posts...

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Awwwwww.....crap! Thanks for bringing this up. Pm is messing with my stats. This is going ruin my plans for the day.....I guess I will just have to keep checking in but they seem to be archiving posts from this year since you joined less than a year ago.

@AE_Collector 

The Univac 5000 is having a meltdown. Help! What do I do? Is there a reset button?

You need more cooling in the computer lab. Cool enough outdoors right now so keep the doors and windows open. Be sure to wear a parka and tuque when you’re inputting data via the punch card reader. Big fan in the window if the temperature keeps rising... 

AE_Collector

@softech 

Your Dec. 31st numbers.....140/125/3

@softech 

If you already have 2 they its just about impossible to tell.....there is no access to archived posts for members. But you could go to the beginning of your posts in your profile and see what you remember posting when you first started....once you post so many times they drop off. (Mine only go back about 6 months.)

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

As of approximately midnight on January 31st your stats were as follows.... 293/257//11 and now they are 297/286/11 if you haven't had a solution in the last few days you can trace the archiving of posts to before your first solution......in theory.

how can you go back in history and check my stat in Jan?

.. and no.. i got 2 accepted solutions this month (Feb)

.. also, where to check "archived" posts? like how i know which post archived?

@softech 

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

Awwwwww.....crap! Thanks for bringing this up. Pm is messing with my stats. This is going ruin my plans for the day.....I guess I will just have to keep checking in but they seem to be archiving posts from this year since you joined less than a year ago.

I only active since Nov.... so, whatever they delete or archive are pretty recent.. 😞

I guess I get to hit 10,000 bravos twice!

Screenshot_20210203-151039~2.pngScreenshot_20210203-145706~2.png

@esjliv 

@AE_Collector 

The Univac 5000 is having a meltdown. Help! What do I do? Is there a reset button?

@softech wrote:

@esjliv wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

My solutions just dropped again lol.

Maybe we have a case of Stat-Jacking!

😮😜

instead of Reward Credit.. will soon see Reward Debit in our account... they might need to re-calculate Reward pay and ask us back for $$$

🙂  

@softech Maybe I am being penalized for crappy answers lol.

@esjliv wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

😮😜

instead of Reward Credit.. will soon see Reward Debit in our account... they might need to re-calculate Reward pay and ask us back for $$$

🙂  

@esjliv wrote:

@kb_mv wrote:

😮😜

@esjliv I can't find where to Suspend my solutions!

@kb_mv wrote:

😮😜

@srlawren wrote:

@esjliv I couldn't tell you.  I might occasionally look out of pure curiosity, but I definitely do not watch my stats.  I can't really see the point, to be honest.

@srlawren  - it is all fun and games, until somebody loses a solution - LOL  🤣

Maybe it has happened before, and I just never noticed. It was just odd when I happen to take a mental note of the stats at one point yesterday, than later all 3 categories were lower.

I could see PM clearing up older threads as @computergeek541 mentioned affecting this.

I wonder how far they go back? And it is FIFO? Or, are they selective in areas of topic?

🤔

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv I couldn't tell you.  I might occasionally look out of pure curiosity, but I definitely do not watch my stats.  I can't really see the point, to be honest.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Number still keeps coming down today.. I just replied some this morning ..but my total Msg Posted going the other way.... 😞

When are they done the cleanup?

@kb_mv wrote:

My number of solutions dropped over night.

I notice that too.. my number is so small.... so, it's very obvious to me.. LoL

Interesting, @computergeek541 

In the case of merging, I could see that type of activity would remain as the associated post is still on the site.

However, in the case of archiving, I wonder if that is different?  It seems odd that user's individual metrics would lower as @esjliv observed.  (& i see that, too)

It's no big deal - just interesting discussion item.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Maybe everyone's gonna see a demotion in 'title'.

LOL ,  probably not.   

It is interesting whether such back-end changes would impact such metrics as titles, badges, & Community stats. 

Those things don't get taken away. How do I know?  When I've merged identical or very closely related threads together, new members who have the 5 thread badge keep it even if a few of those threads were combined into one.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv wrote:

I am referring to numbers of: POSTS, SOLUTIONS and BRAVOS, found when you hover over someone's Community name.

@esjliv My number of solutions dropped over night.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Maybe everyone's gonna see a demotion in 'title'.

LOL ,  probably not.   

It is interesting whether such back-end changes would impact such metrics as titles, badges, & Community stats. 

@esjliv wrote:

Occasionally, Public Mobile archives old threads. There was a time when Public Mobile moderators were very actively doing this to remove content that would now be considered irrelevant.  Some members lost thousands from the their post counts. After a while, Public Mobile stopped doing this for the most part. 

Need Help? Let's chat.