cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alexlee99 wrote:

Iphone 6s,  version 12.1.4  tks

Okay, so there is no need to use the Unlockit site, since your carrier profile should set the APN for you.  Do you have the Public Mobile 35.0 profile (Settings --> General --> About --> Carrier)?  If that's correct, then you'll probably be able to get cellular data working by simply doing a Network Reset (Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings).  You'll have to enter your passcode and confirm the reset, which will then reboot your phone.  You'll also have to re-establish all your WiFi connections, but at least it'll give you a clean slate and cellular data.

alexlee99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Iphone 6s,  version 12.1.4  tks

CalgaryBen

@alexlee99 wrote:

the APN may be cofirgured automatically but for some iphone users such as myself,

we only have APN settings for "personal hotspot". not even unlockit.co.nz works 😞

@alexlee99, which iPhone do you have, and what iOS are you running?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexlee99 wrote:

the APN may be cofirgured automatically but for some iphone users such as myself,

we only have APN settings for "personal hotspot". not even unlockit.co.nz works 😞

Have you gone through all of this?

alexlee99

whatsgonewell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We tried three things at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm6kW6Z4g5s

A Youtube..  What's new in ios

RDD's  www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

when we went back and turned on the data again .. it worked... big relief as I was helping a non-tech relatively new member

Yay community!

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I guess you don’t know what fixed it. Maybe a software update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got it going.

whatsgonewell

One way or the other we got it working ... Thanks for the support

whatsgonewell
  • this didn't work for me

@rdd wrote:

Had trouble with this when I joined PM. I searched through a number of threads (new and old) before I was able to get it to work. Here's what I did.

1. On your iPhone go to www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

2. Click 'Create APN'

IMG_6334.jpg

3. Change Settings to 'Canada' and 'Public Mobile' then click 'Create APN'

IMG_6335.jpg

4. If warning box appears click 'Allow'

IMG_6336.jpg

5. Click 'Install' to complete APN profile.

IMG_6337.PNG

whatsgonewell

this didn't work for me

whatsgonewell

rdd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Had trouble with this when I joined PM. I searched through a number of threads (new and old) before I was able to get it to work. Here's what I did.

1. On your iPhone go to www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

2. Click 'Create APN'

IMG_6334.jpg

3. Change Settings to 'Canada' and 'Public Mobile' then click 'Create APN'

IMG_6335.jpg

4. If warning box appears click 'Allow'

IMG_6336.jpg

5. Click 'Install' to complete APN profile.

IMG_6337.PNG

CalgaryBen

@lili1 wrote:

Iphone 6s here and all I can chance is the personal hotspot APN, none of the other fileds are showing

You don't need to (can't) set the cellular data APN directly through the settings options on an iPhone.  The APN is configured automatically through the carrier profile.  Which version of iOS are you running, and what's the Carrier profile?  You can find both of these under Settings --> General --> About -- iOS shows up as Version, and Carrier profile shows up as Carrier (should be Public Mobile 35.0 as of this writing, if you're on iOS 12.1 or 12.1.1).  Also make sure you don't have a configuration profile (often installed by a corporate IT department) that could interfere with your APN setting -- check by going in Settings --> General and then scrolling all the way down to the bottom.  Just below the VPN line, you might see "Profile"... if present, go in and see if any profiles look foreign, and possibly remove them to see if this restores your cellular data (assuming you're allowed to).

lili1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Iphone 6s here and all I can chance is the personal hotspot APN, none of the other fileds are showing

akrit

Could you tell for the android as well?

If you know.

Beekmo

I tried the SIM in an iPhone SE and it worked fine, data no problem. 

So as you said, it’s a problem with my iPhone 5s device. iOS is up to date, I checked again. 

Thanks!

Rockdaddy22

@Beekmo wrote:

Traveling this week but will try to figure a way to test with a different phone when I am back. 

Thanks Rockdaddy. 

No problem, please keep us updated here. We need to figure this out. 

Beekmo

Traveling this week but will try to figure a way to test with a different phone when I am back. 

Thanks Rockdaddy. 

Beekmo

IOS is up to date. 

Thanks!

Rockdaddy22

@Beekmo wrote:

I did the unlockit.co.nz.  No change. 

You need to try your sim in another unlocked phone to truly test this. It sounds like your data connection from PM is fine, but we’ll have to test it in a different phone unfortunately 

MacMe

@Beekmo wrote:

I have I have been trying to get data housing on my 5S for over a month. I’m interested in your workaround if still available. Thanks. 

Are there any iOS updates available on your phone?

Beekmo

I did the unlockit.co.nz.  No change. 

Beekmo

Yes, I did a hard reset. 

Beekmo

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Wi-Fi works fine?

Yep. Wi if works fine. 

Rockdaddy22

Wi-Fi works fine?

Rockdaddy22

I guess the only the way to know for sure is to try your sim in an unlocked phone. It sounds like data is working. Have you tried a hard reset?

Beekmo

No, I bought the data at the beginning of July.  I have had responses from Moderators 5 times and have done everything suggested and 5 weeks later still no data.  Calls and texts ok.  Also, strangely, the phone will serve as a mobile hotspot and connect a laptop to the internet.  So, obviously, the data is there.  But when I try to use web browser, or check email, I get a message that i'm not connected to network.

Beekmo

it's an iphone 5s

Beekmo

No, the apn settings match the recommended configuration.

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.