cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

Krystal_D
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Yea everything works now. I can send pic messages they iMessage and regular mms. And I'm using iPhone 5

blaze697
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Krystal_D wrote:
Never mind. It works now. Ty

Did you solve the problem with sending Pictures (MMS) over imessge? if so, what iphone are you using and which version?

Thank you,

Krystal_D
Never mind. It works now. Ty

Krystal_D
Once I dk this will I be able to send and receive picture messages ?

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Krystal_D,

Good news about configuring data with Iphone'sSmiley Happy, please view this link in the community to setup your iPhone.  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update/m-p/1610

Have a great weekend,

Cheers

Gavran

I don't have those settings ((( When I go to Settings - Cellular - Cellular data network I can see only Personal Hotspot with APN field, Username and Passsword. And Reset Settings option - that's it, nothing more.

Apple Support advised me to contact my carrier. I already connected my iPhone to iTunes and downloaded carrier's updates. No luck.

Please advise. 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Eureka, Now Apples are here. Though I hate Apple, I love Apple Pie

Krystal_D
Has anyone figured out how to send and receive pictures messages on the iPhone 5 yet ?

Can't guarantee this, but PM may attempt to make it right. 

Hi. That's a Very good question. 

Have you first went through all troubleshootings to be absolutely certain? If so, and still no luck, Contact Public Mobile. Explain to them of the circumstances, they can track your Data usage as well, and depending on the situation, a Fair resolution may be pursued.

Thanks

hung52
we paid for the data and the data doesn't work for a while... I was just wondering if they will credit us a amount for this inconvenient...

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Data does work on iPhones so what refund is required.

???

hung52

Then, public mobile will refund a % of money to us, like credit or reward? 😮

DK
No apologies required.

My apologies. I stand corrected

DK
Sorry makkahn28, it's quite simple actually and no chance of bricking. I have help setup three iPhones and it takes about 2 mins. I will not comment on jailbreaking and editing APN settings for MMS as that's not what I am talking about.

Cheers

There are different ways, Yes. BUT, If You Tinker around with certain settings, and enter wrong Info, Chances could be that the Phone could either Brick, or Firmware issues. Choose Wisely

DK
My wifes 5s works fine except MMS.

Let me know if you want workaround and no jailbreak required.

Public mobile has already mentioned that Data for iPhones is delayed due to Issues in the Update.

hung52

Data on iphone 5s doesn't work? 

They should be refunding me the money for only the data then...? 

Need Help? Let's chat.