cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Hi,

I am a Public Mobile customer and bought roaming add-on for calling, texting and data in the U.S. for my recent visit. I have 2 questions:

1. Does this also apply to people who are already customers?

2. The calling service in the U.S. on the roaming plan was terrible. All calls to Canada and the U.S. kept cutting off every one minute. Is the calling service better on this plan?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

@pbaner3 wrote:

Hi,

I am a Public Mobile customer and bought roaming add-on for calling, texting and data in the U.S. for my recent visit. I have 2 questions:

1. Does this also apply to people who are already customers?

2. The calling service in the U.S. on the roaming plan was terrible. All calls to Canada and the U.S. kept cutting off every one minute. Is the calling service better on this plan?

1. Existing customers can pick up this plan.

2. See my reply in one of your other threads.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1) The Addon applies to your line only and non transferable to any other line. 

2)I also Roam in the US with Public Mobile. First what phone are you using? 

Secondly, try another network. Mine jumps between AT&T and T-Mobile. I can keep a call for about an hour or so on the highway. 

Highlighted

At last!  Great plan for snow birds. Made me switch from Koodo 😬👍

Highlighted

Nice! 

@Ljdion Any differences from Koodo to PM?

Speeds?  Call quality?  Connection times for calls?  

Highlighted

@hasan9800 wrote:

Nice! 

Specifically, with this price plans, LTE speeds are slower at Public Mobile.  Also at Public Mobile phone calls cannot be made or answered over LTE.

Highlighted

Just set up yesterday. We are in a poor reception zone. Always difficulties with Bell. Koodo was better reception and Public Mobile as good in that regards. Have to get back to you on the rest. Haven’t used it enough yet lol

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hasan9800 wrote:

Nice! 

Specifically, with this price plans, LTE speeds are slower at Public Mobile.  Also at Public Mobile phone calls cannot be made or answered over LTE.

Speeds are fast enough though and I'm hooked up to LTE its locked at 3 meg and i can call and recieve calls . Never lost a single yet . USA or Canada . 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hasan9800 wrote:

Nice! 

I really wish VoLTE would be enabled on PM.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ljdion wrote:

Just set up yesterday. We are in a poor reception zone. Always difficulties with Bell. Koodo was better reception and Public Mobile as good in that regards. Have to get back to you on the rest. Haven’t used it enough yet lol

Bell/Telus reception should be pretty identical I believe as the towers are shared.