cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated: Get 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text for $60!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 11, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Hey Community,

Say hello to Summer :)! We’ve got the perfect plan for anyone headed state-side this Summer. For a limited time only, effective July 19th, 2019, you could get 8.5 GB of Canada Wide data, plus 2 GB of US Data Roaming, and Unlimited US roaming/Canada US Talk & Text for $60/mo! 

Plan details:

$60 for 8.5 GB at 3G speed + 2 GB of US Data + UL Canada/US Talk & Text

• 30-day plan
  • 8 GB of Canada-wide data at 3G speed + 500 MB with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text - You could talk and text as much as you like from Canada to the U.S., and vice versa! 
  • Additional 2 GB of US data roaming
  • International text included in both Canada + U.S.
  • New and current customers are eligible

How this plan works:

Making a call to someone in Canada

Making a call to someone outside of Canada

In Canada

Included

Only U.S. included 

In U.S.

Included

Only U.S. included

How to get this offer:

New customers

Current customers

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
  3. During the activation process, select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”.
  1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the Ready-made plan “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQs

Spoiler

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms.  Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

I am an existing customer. What is the difference between changing my plan immediately and changing my plan on the next renewal date?

When changing your plan, you have 2 options: (1) change your plan immediately or (2) change on your next renewal date.

Here is the difference:

Changing your plan immediately...

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan, or if you would like to get started right away on the new plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.

●     A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.

●     Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment cycle will not be credited to your new plan.

●     Due to system limitations, if your account is suspended, you will need to send a private message to our Moderator Team here to change your plan immediately. You will need to be signed in to the Community for the link to work.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan at the next renewal date…

On the other hand, you may choose to change your plan on your next renewal date because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for. We recommend this option so your money can go further. Here are some things you should know about this option:

●     If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.

●     If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.

●     You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.

●     Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

What happens if the “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” plan becomes unavailable before my next plan renewal date?

If you chose to change your plan to “$60 UL Can/US Talk & Text 8.5GB Can 3G Data with AutoPay plus 2GB US Data Roaming” on the next renewal date and the request has been submitted successfully, you will still switch to “$60 unlimited Canada/US Talk & Text” even if the promotion ends before your renewal date occurs.

380 REPLIES 380

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous It will work in Puerto Rico as last year bought a US roaming add for my vacation and in San Juan it worked perfectly. Also looked at the coverage map on website it shows that the US Virgin Islands are included on coverage map. What caught me off guard was that British Virgin Islands are included in coverage. Screenshot_20190723-130354.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The phone has to be unlocked and compatible of course.

No extra charges here.

Yes...it's like a North America-wide calling plan.

However, it's not North American-wide.  It's anywhere in Canada and the US where you can get signal from Telus/Bell, or AT&T/T-Mobile networks.  It doesn't include Mexico or any of the Caribbean Islands.

I hate it when those who live overseas call Canada as America.  We are part of the Continent of North America, we are not part of the US of America (America being the favour short-form of the United States of America).

And I don't agree that Mexico is part of North America. I define it as Central America. Probably simply due to the language and history. I did use the word "like". I know I know NAFTA and all that although now that name has changed. As for Caribbean...I believe services will work in some US-controlled islands like Puerto Rico and the like.

I agree with you about the overseas folks. I used to do some international travel for work and frequently corrected people on that.

@Anonymous wrote:

No extra charges here.

However, it's not North American-wide.  It's anywhere in Canada and the US where you can get signal from Telus/Bell, or AT&T/T-Mobile networks.  It doesn't include Mexico or any of the Caribbean Islands.

I hate it when those who live overseas call Canada as America.  We are part of the Continent of North America, we are not part of the US of America (America being the favour short-form of the United States of America).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ngoik wrote:

I am very interested in switching from.freedom for this plan....i need to clarify: If I go to the US for a few weeks, I can still use my own phone to call and text to Canada/US, AND I have 2gb of data? NO extra purchase required? NO unexpected roaming costs?

No extra charges here.

Ngoik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am very interested in switching from.freedom for this plan....i need to clarify: If I go to the US for a few weeks, I can still use my own phone to call and text to Canada/US, AND I have 2gb of data? NO extra purchase required? NO unexpected roaming costs?

hasan9800

I also would like to add, 

In the states it the sim prefers AT&T network.

On full bars 150mbps

Phone: Blu Vivo xi+

Plus extended range in the valleys and mountain. Very stable Network. 

Thank you Public Mobile! 

hasan9800

Also set the cycle date on the iPhone. Thats maybe the reason why its reading a high data count. Also check which App could be draining it. Online portal will automatically reset on its own depending on your plan. The phone will need to be adjusted manually. 

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hamaida wrote:

@Alan_KThats nice, I just took it.  Thank you!

That's awesome! Glad you like it 🙂

countonalex

@Vidal wrote:

I said switch two phones To the new plan my phone reset back to zero on the data my sons phone didn’t reset back to zero it’s now says it’s downloaded 5 1/2 gig where he hasn’t even downloaded one Gig the whole time he’s been on public mobile by what his iPhone says .

Do you mean that his iPhone says he’s used 5.5gb and it hasn’t reset or that the online portal does?

if it’s his iPhone then it won’t reset unless you manually reset the usage. The iPhone doesn’t know when you changed plans (even if you put in a new SIM card the usage is still the same)

@hasan9800 wrote:

Good Morning, 

$60 UL Canada and US with 2GB

Amazing plan, but after 1 year, can you continue on the same plan? Or you have to change plans?

I know some plans have expire, how does this plan stands up? 

The plans that expired over the last few months just disappeared from the list of available plans. No one was forced off a plan to another plan because of this.

Terry

@Jasnil123 wrote:

Hey so is does this plan work in Canada is it basically 10 gb data if u don’t go to states ? 

The 2GB can only be used while roaming.

Jasnil123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey so is does this plan work in Canada is it basically 10 gb data if u don’t go to states ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@torontokris wrote:

I also vote for a cheaper version of the plan.

Maybe 4GB (3G speed) +1GB USA talk text roaming.

I would be into that. I don't need 8gb etc. 

I think this is for those that just say I'll take one with everything. Or every option on the thing they're buying.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I also vote for a cheaper version of the plan.

Maybe 4GB (3G speed) +1GB USA talk text roaming.

I would be into that. I don't need 8gb etc. 

@hasan9800 wrote:

Good Morning, 

Amazing plan, but after 1 year, can you continue on the same plan? Or you have to change plans?

You sign up, plan is yours to keep unless you change or account closes.

hasan9800

Good Morning, 

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Alan_KThats nice, I just took it.  Thank you!

More detail please.

-you went online to each of these accounts and switched to this new plan?

-did you do immediate switch rather than switch at next renewal?

-you know that an immediate switch should throw out whatever time/data you had remaining, charge the new rate plan in full and start you on a new 30 day cycle?

Vidal

I said switch two phones To the new plan my phone reset back to zero on the data my sons phone didn’t reset back to zero it’s now says it’s downloaded 5 1/2 gig where he hasn’t even downloaded one Gig the whole time he’s been on public mobile by what his iPhone says .

@countonalex 

The promotion should still be valid since plan is over $30.  Just monitor for next payment cycle.  if issues, contact moderator.  

countonalex

I originally signed up with March during their $10/m off for 6 months promo. I believe it said that as long as you stay on a plan over $30 then the discount will stay. Does anyone know if this is the case with this plan? 

I made the switch regardless, just curious. 

@Vidal wrote:

yah its a North American . you would probably have to dial 611 and and international voice .

Since you have replied to the question about making calls to India while in the U.S., this will not work.  The international long distance add-on only works while the phone is being used in Canada.  This scenario was discussed last night.

Vidal

yah its a North American . you would probably have to dial 611 and and international voice .

@Psm wrote:

can one use international add on mins while in US (e.g. call to india)

While you're in the U.S. with this plan, the only thing you'll be able to do to India will be text messaging, or communicate to someone in India using the internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Psm wrote:

The roaming add-ons only allow calling to/from the US and Canada while in the US. And this plan appears to act much like roaming according to the chart in the OP.

Psm

@Shwakid85 wrote:

I just switched to this plan from Freedom to take advantage of the US roaming. I notice in my portal that it just says the plan is 8.5GB and 2GB bonus but no mention of USA roaming. Is this to be expected? 

If the 2GB isn't used in the states is it available for use in Canada?

The 2GB part can only be used in the U.S.  The 8GB+500MB part can only be used in Canada.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K  Good plan to offer snowbirds come the fall.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shwakid85
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to this plan from Freedom to take advantage of the US roaming. I notice in my portal that it just says the plan is 8.5GB and 2GB bonus but no mention of USA roaming. Is this to be expected? 

If the 2GB isn't used in the states is it available for use in Canada?

funpig
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have only been a PM customer for about 2 weeks.  I have already referred and switched over my father to PM. I am impressed by this new plan.  It is good to see some competition with innovative plans and decent pricing even though PM is a subsidiary of Telus.

Need Help? Let's chat.