Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,476 REPLIES 5,476

edmensah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We the customers do not 🚫 like the new points system. We hate it! 😡 

We don't need 250GB, we need the old rewards program which is better than this garbage new rewards program 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

My mother has been a loyal Public Mobile customer since the beginning, and convinced my entire family to join. This is how you guys treat loyal customers who have been with you for years! Who cares about your new program it's as awful as the 250GBs that you are giving us! SMH. 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Same with me and the wife. It’s not the money, it’s the principle of being screwed for loyalty. 

jamie_eh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Really disappointed by this, have been a customer for over five years with multiple referrals. Will be looking at deals elsewhere.

JDBlue1966

Thought it was something like that. Just wasn’t sure. Thank you.

@JDBlue1966  They demonstrate whether a user 'likes' another's post.

In the Get Support section, they are used, along with post count & solutions, towards the metrics Public Mobile uses to assess and distribute their Community monthly rewards which range from $1 to $15 for non-Oracle users.

JDBlue1966

Might sound stupid, but what does the Bravos do/mean?

hi @Wolfcore 

I think you can other couple members doing  better jobs  then the old one in repeating the same replies  to bring this number up. Nice work!!

ily
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Tk111 wrote:

Once my current billing cycle is up, I’m switching over to the CHEAPEST plan until my “gifted” data is up. Then I’m jumping ship. 

They're a step ahead of you. If you downgrade your plan, you lose the "gifted" data.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No different to any other thread though. They're always like this. If you go back and look at the other highest-commented threads, you'll see what I mean. Regardless, it's clear that hundreds of people have come here to share their grievances, and that's not an easy thing to convince people to do, so you know there's a lot of disappointment out there.

I don't think they lied.  I think they provided the informatin they had at the time.  You said that conversation was from a while ago.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@JDBlue1966 at that time there probably was no plans to change the system,  Remember CSA are just front line support and not the Management that make decisions

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hi @Wolfcore  but a lot of them are repeated replies from the same members 

Many replies just " I agree"

I think 10 persons dominated 20% of the posts, most of them just posting the same deals from others agai and again.  Same link about complain again and again 

have the quantity, not quality . sad

dariovitale

@CS_Agent  We ALL suggest you agents and managers read the 2k comments on here and online elsewhere. Risk a huge chance of losing tens of thoudands of customers at least. 

Wolfcore

Second highest commented post in history (only followed by a post where they're literally giving away money), and one of the lowest Bravo'd announcement posts ever.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Week #1 since the announcement - 2.1K replies and 15 bravos.

JDBlue1966

Well said. You are 100% correct. 

Public_Cust_17

@Dunkman thanks for clarifying that as I hadn't seen this particular information and was curious myself.

JDBlue1966

So he lied then. Maybe it’s time to look for another phone plan 

Bananacat89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You guys should at least throw us some compensatory Bonus points for staying loyal.

That would at least offset the shock and awe of all of a sudden paying full price for our plans with no loyalty or autopay anymore. 

I was with PM for 5 years. Combined with Autopay that was 7 bux off my bill. So starting May my bill will go up 7 dollars... Yet I will see no benefit or improvement in my service. The expiring Data is not a good reward for Loyal customers. Mine will most likely expire because i don't use much data at all. I use it for emergencies only.  You should throw us a buncha points to keep us happy. I think this whole thing could have went a lot easier on customers trust and wallets if you just threw us a bigger bone and made the transition smoother.  Right now this has turned into a messy clusterfudge. Feels pretty bad getting the rug pulled from under us. 

The whole point system seems to need a revamp. It does not feel like we are even getting rewarded for being with Public mobile.  My wife and kids bills will also be going up on May 1st with no benefit.  We are not rich and every penny counts. This is the primary reason we stuck with Public Mobile. Combined on May 1st it will be like 30 bucks out of our grocery money. Yet none of my Family will see any improvements.  This makes no sense from a economic standpoint for us. 

You guys gotta figure this out and come to a compromise with customers. It is the right thing to do. 

@JDBlue1966 

Unfortunately, that CSA is giving you the wrong information.  You will continue to receive loyalty and autopay monthly rewards until May when your legacy rewards will be converted over to the points system.  

ninjastar

That's a lie. Wait and find out ....

Wolfcore

Huh? That term is used in all sorts of ways. I was referring to an abusive business relationship (hence the context). It's letting somebody who you're doing business with, take advantage of you, and abuse your trust and goodwill. Clearly you assumed something else. Assuming something while attempting to portray moral superiority, is very poor taste in my opinion.

The reason you resorted to trying to make me out to be a bad guy twice, is because you know I'm correct, but don't want to admit it. That's why you go after the person directly, rather than the content. 

Anyway, like I said, I'm just here sharing my opinion. If you disagree, that's fine. We're allowed to disagree with each other. Sorry if you thought I was attacking you, because I most definitely wasn't trying to do that.

JDBlue1966

I got this from an agent a while ago. Said I wont loose my rewards. IMG_8375.jpeg

@dabr I am sure PM has calculate what the potential loss of subscribers would be compared to what they are planning to recoup from those that stay without the legacy rewards.

yyjyyj

nothing at all. i am very upset by this change, how to file complaint. 

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Public_Cust_17 , yes that makes total sense.  When I came here it was for the fall Promo $120/12GB 90 days.  I didn't use all my data then.  Since then I have been able to lower my plan cost to $34/50GB 30 days and I still don't even come close to using all the data, but this does have Can/US which is a bonus.  I have never expected people to stay with PM if there are better deals out there for them.  When it is decision time you need to vote with your wallet.

I enjoy this open discussion on topics.  I am seeing more people on the basic plans than I thought were still here and we know that his decision affects them the greatest.

I'm really beginning to think the whole point of this decision is to cull those on the very basic plan/s which are probably not generating PM (Telus) much revenue, although those users are most likely to barely use much of their basic service so cannot really be much of a cost burden either. 

yyjyyj

4 years, i am on old rewards. having 2 accounts. my other account has 50g which doestnot need this bonus at all. the new syster is bullshXt, i am leaving soon i think.

thank you for asking.

@yyjyyj wrote:

how come I was given nothing?

@yyjyyj when did you join up with PM.  The bonus data are for those that are on the Legacy Reward system that is being forced to migrate to the Points Reward Program.

I see that you are on the rewards system.  

mikasik2

I can't believe Pokémon Mobile would betray us like this 😢

@Public_Cust_17 , yes that makes total sense.  When I came here it was for the fall Promo $120/12GB 90 days.  I didn't use all my data then.  Since then I have been able to lower my plan cost to $34/50GB 30 days and I still don't even come close to using all the data, but this does have Can/US which is a bonus.  I have never expected people to stay with PM if there are better deals out there for them.  When it is decision time you need to vote with your wallet.

I enjoy this open discussion on topics.  I am seeing more people on the basic plans than I thought were still here and we know that his decision affects them the greatest.

Need Help? Let's chat.