Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,601 REPLIES 5,601

SeniorCitizen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

More changes to add? How does PM expect to keep customers?

Now a loss of Canada USA plans. OMG that sucks. 

EdN

Folks not needing roaming but would still like to call USA from Canada should check out NoFrills Mobile.  They do have MMS but their website is a bit confused, just like Public Mobile 

eyes

Just a thought --- For those that think the inevitable switch to the point system is going to happen. 

stormy13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@NoseyNick1 wrote:

> I think they’re simply confusing “March” with “May”.

I have that problem with "best before" dates. When they say "MA 14", did it expire a month ago, or is it still good for a month?  😕

In most instances it is "MR" for March and "MA" for May.

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

> I think they’re simply confusing “March” with “May”.

I have that problem with "best before" dates. When they say "MA 14", did it expire a month ago, or is it still good for a month?  😕

colleeno

I would assume that, yes, you will receive Rewards on your upcoming renewal but that would be the last time. Just a guess on my part though. 

HI @G_Pomzz rewards will be add the day before renewal.  With your renewal on the 26th, you are lucky you will still get those rewards.

G_Pomzz

@colleeno 

Since my cycle ends April 26, does that mean I'll still get Legacy Rewards for May as well ? 

Screenshot_2024-04-14-19-15-10-397_com.telus.publicmobile-edit.jpg

colleeno

You definitely received incorrect information. Based on what you reported that the CS Agent had told you, I thought I better check my account. My next renewal is May 5 and I currently have $14 in rewards from April. (I was really surprised to see that I received a Community Reward – my first ever. 😊)

I’m disappointed that Rewards are going to be changing to Points especially since my 5-year anniversary will be May 22 but I’m very happy with PM’s $34 50GB Canada-US plan so I have no intention on leaving at this time.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 6.20.32 PM.png

IanP

That's basically what I do. I have a 30gb plan and use only 1 or 2 gigs each month.

It is not the money but the principle.

Personally I like the pm coverage.

eyes

I believe that most of us if not all one dollar more or less won’t bankrupt us .  It’s really all about the game - isn’t it? 

IanP

I think the agent is wrong and giving miss information. 

Thanks for the reply

eyes

These posts are still confusing me - For the record my $15 account just renewed yesterday and I did get rewards applied ($7) and new rewards added to my account that I think will be applied upon next renewal in the middle of may. 

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yep, thats a more complete response to @IanP 

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

Hi @IanP 

This is very puzzling indeed. The announcement literally states “Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program.” It would seem obvious then that its status quo until May 1st at the very earliest.

Were you repeatedly dealing with the same CSA? If so, I think they’re simply confusing “March” with “May”. Now, if its two different CSAs….😳

Unfortunately, the CSAs haven't just confused March and May.  The CSAs actually infromed the customer that even though the person is still on the old rewards system, the loyalty and autopay rewards were removed from that old rewards system.  This simply is not true.  While I realize this is just a mistake on the the part of the CSAs, this is entirely misinformation.

@IanP wrote:

No, you no won't longer receive Loyalty Rewards and Automatic Payments Rewards. As mentioned before, they are no longer offered as of March 2024 to any customer (Still in the old system or new system)

***Those two Reward types are not part of our Rewards program effective as of March 2024 and will not longer be available to your account or any other customer account ***

You've been given incorrect information.  Those who have not voluntarily changed from the old rewards system are still on it.  Nobody has been forcibily changed yet over to points.  Any customer still on the old rewards system should still be receiving loyalty and autopay rewards.   Before being given incorrect information, the CSAs should have double checked because there is no factual basis to the responses that you were given.  There has been zero change to the old rewards program. I don't know where they got that from.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @IanP 

This is very puzzling indeed. The announcement literally states “Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program.” It would seem obvious then that its status quo until May 1st at the very earliest.

Were you repeatedly dealing with the same CSA? If so, I think they’re simply confusing “March” with “May”. Now, if its two different CSAs….😳

IanP

I queried again and basically same answer.

Would an Orocle or someone with experience like to step in and discuss 

I thought data was awarded in March and migration in May

Hi IanP,

No, you no won't longer receive Loyalty Rewards and Automatic Payments Rewards. As mentioned before, they are no longer offered as of March 2024 to any customer (Still in the old system or new system)

I did not agree to change to points at any time.e before the enforced date

Answer: You are still in the old program

***Those two Reward types are not part of our Rewards program effective as of March 2024 and will not longer be available to your account or any other customer account ***

The migration we are expecting to have completed by May 2024 is something different.  You can check for more

IanP

Your not the only one!

Still seeking clarification withCS

eyes

@IanP wrote:

I asked again about removal in March of rewards for legacy customers as I thought it was in May that it takes effect.

1. The Migration to new Public Points program will be completed by May 2024.
  2. Customers that are still in the Legacy Rewards program: Loyalty Rewards and Automatic Payments Rewards were already removed from the Points program as of March 4th 2024 and won't be added to any account anymore

I'm a bit confused with point #2.

jakeoh1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The "My rewards" page in my account still shows the legacy rewards, and makes it seem like these rewards will be applied on my next billing cycle at the beginning of May. I'd like to know if that will apply as I'm porting out four accounts as soon as the old reward system is gone.

IanP

I asked again about removal in March of rewards for legacy customers as I thought it was in May that it takes effect.

1. The Migration to new Public Points program will be completed by May 2024.
  2. Customers that are still in the Legacy Rewards program: Loyalty Rewards and Automatic Payments Rewards were already removed from the Points program as of March 4th 2024 and won't be added to any account anymore

IanP

Just received an answer to question on why I can't see my 5 years of loyalty. 

I was able to check your account and you haven't been migrated yet. Remember, we are doing it in batches and we expect to have all our subscribers migrated by the beginning of march 2024.

Loyalty Rewards and Automatic Payments Rewards were already removed from the Points program as of March 4th 2024 and won't be added to any account anymore

I was able to check your account and you haven't been migrated yet. Remember, we are doing it in batches and we expect to have all our subscribers migrated by the beginning of march 2024.

Loyalty Rewards and Automatic Payments Rewards were already removed from the Points program as of March 4th 2024 and won't be added to any account anymore.

Thanks for your understanding

Regards

Thanks for your understanding

IanP

Is this suitable to submit to appeal their decision? As I understand it we have to have a public M. Response first before submitting 

Thanks for verifying your account,  This is Carol, since the previous agent is out of the office I'll be more than happy to continue assisting you today.

We understand that the old Rewards program was enjoyed by many of our loyal subscribers. Starting May 2024, we removed our old Rewards program and moved all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

If you would like to opt-out of the Public Points program entirely, you may do so with an agent, however you will forfeit any points you’ve earned up to this point (earned credits will remain) and will not be able to re-enroll in the program in the future.

We genuinely value your comment to our service, and while we are unable to modify the terms in this particular scenario, we’re here to explore the new Public Points program benefits.

You can use the following links to learn more about our new Public Points program.

saturna

@NoseyNick1 wrote:

That's PLENTY of calls/texts for me, but... no data? If i want a bit of data, not a lot, probably 250-300MB of data a month, am I better on the $15 plan, or $13 + occasional data add-on?

Unless you are still on the grandfathered $13 plan, this is a moot point. New activations and plan changes to the $10 $13 plan have not been possible for nearly 5 years. The plan was discontinued in July 2019.

Up to the introduction of 30day expiry dates for data add-ons, the answer to your question was a no-brainer for a fair share of minimalist users - 1GB of bought or gifted data would last some people a year or more (something like 85MB/month).

If you actually use that amount of data per payment cycle regularly on the $13 plan, you have probably run out of free and/or non-expiring data by now, and an additional $2 to move to the $15 beats the $5 for 200MB that expires in 30days. 

Having said that, I might have missed sarcasm in your post...

NoseyNick1

> just logged in again and the dreaded pop-up —- popped up again

Most likely cookie-related.  😕

thanks @DownEast  for stating the obvious

Nermal3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

In January 2022 you promised to grandfather the legacy rewards customers.  Why is this changing?

Why would we want to change from a clean system of rewards to this complicated points system?

This is crap.  I will be moving all of my PM services to another company that doesn't play stupid games like this.

NoseyNick1

> Did you promise to stay for 5 years? No.

No, but i was told what I would get if I did.

You can call that an advertising promise, or you can call it BS, up to you.   😞

G_Pomzz

Exactly, I think some might have jumped ship impulsively before really comparing apples to apples, which is quite difficult to do amongst all the providers myriad of plans. 

For myself, after carefully considering all the options, I've determined PM is still my preferred provider.

And...there is still a remote chance that with all the hullabaloo over the Legacy Rewards change, PM might just sweeten the pot for long time users due to all the CCTS complaints. 

Need Help? Let's chat.