Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,588 REPLIES 5,588

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry, I was looking at minutes. It's basically for someone wanting to make calls and texts on this plan in my case. 

@Michael6666 wrote:

From what I gather, they call them service passes. I can't seem to find pricing and they expire after 30 days. 

@Michael6666 The screenshot you posted is pretty clear "data add-ons / data service passes are not available on this plan"

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.34.01 PM.png

If you want / need some data it says "you can change your plan".

Michael6666

From what I gather, they call them service passes. I can't seem to find pricing and they expire after 30 days. 

@Michael6666 wrote:

I'm just here for an update. 

After some research, I found that by going on the lucky mobile site and clicking on All plans, you can see the details of each plan in text form.

I can 100% confirm that lucky offers unlimited incoming minutes on the 15$.

1000001991.png

@Michael6666 So it is the same as PM except for one possibly big issue, you cannot buy data add ons if you need to.

Michael6666

I'm just here for an update. 

After some research, I found that by going on the lucky mobile site and clicking on All plans, you can see the details of each plan in text form.

I can 100% confirm that lucky offers unlimited incoming minutes on the 15$.

1000001991.png

  All three of my managed plans are moving if this conversion goes through. 

pb-rb123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not happy with Public Mobile forcing loyal customers to switch to the new Public Points reward system. This should be optional. This is not what I signed up to when I first joined.

JohnDoe3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

JohnDoe3_0-1712167574379.png

So per CRA guidelines, either they've been undercharging everyone the HST the entire time, or they implicitly accept that the value of the goods is actually pegged at the rewarded price.

@Tiffiny124 wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous. I receive $5 off per month in loyalty rewards, $60/year and. Now I’ll get all of $10 per year. I’ll be capped at 4 referral points I currently have $5/month so loosing more discounts. And I no long receive my $2 for auto pay. I’ll go down to $1.95 and if I use any points to lower my bill that will be less too. 

@Tiffiny124, you won't be capped on yur referrals.  That is just saying how many you have right now.  If you get more referrals you will receive more points.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Bunnyhop

There isn't much consumer choice nowadays especially with the big corporations having their mergers in the news. You shouldn't attack one tool a consumer can use to protect them-self when it is still effective.

Bunnyhop

Too many people shill for the corporation on this platform. Telus will gladly ditch them in the prusuit of insatiable greed.

Agree @JohnDoe3  👍 

Maybe they’re just looking to cover their butts since saying “up to …” covers them in the event any referrals are suspended or inactive, during which case one may not receive the associated referral credit.

JohnDoe3

There is another angle to it as well. Since no tax was collected on the amount deducted, it could be argued based on that as well that the reward is less of a reward (giving back) than it is something baked into the agreed-upon exchange.

Tiffiny124
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Absolutely ridiculous. I receive $5 off per month in loyalty rewards, $60/year and. Now I’ll get all of $10 per year. I’ll be capped at 4 referral points I currently have $5/month so loosing more discounts. And I no long receive my $2 for auto pay. I’ll go down to $1.95 and if I use any points to lower my bill that will be less too. 

d3rdonnergott

Public Mobile objected to my complaint, but the CCTS objected to their objection. Keep up the pressure! 

Ah, thanks! I was going to have my wife switched as well, but I have just changed it. This data is essentially useless, and whoever came up with it is a snake oil salesman. It's kind like a backhanded compliment. 

@Naepalm wrote:

The rewards I received I lost for downgrading; where does it show that you will lose this? I have been searching this website for a while now and can't find the info on this. 

@Naepalm If you mean the "bonus" data look here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

Says the following (it's in the link in the original post at the bottom "FAQ"):

Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

Gimli007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CCTS complaint filed and was accepted.

Too bad there has been ZERO update or consideration from PM ( or their representatives) on this forum or directly regarding this subject. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

The rewards I received I lost for downgrading; where does it show that you will lose this? I have been searching this website for a while now and can't find the info on this. 

@ATHENS wrote:

if I spot  on a flyer better prices on Jam and peanut butter I would in a heart beat switch grocery store. 

@ATHENS So long as it's Kraft and Smuckers lol. I routinely shop at 3 different grocery stores, price rules.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ATHENS - 2G is an old 1990's network and with EDGE (E) it can support basically the max of Public Mobile's unlimited data.

Canada mostly has no more 2G network (Other than Rogers which is somewhat unconfirmed as far as I know) but one single US carrier still has 2G - T-Mobile, and they are just removing sites now.

2G is up to 512kbps - 3G is up to 10mbps (Yes, 10mbps) - 4G LTE is up to 500mbps (Yes, faster than the rip-off 5G) - 5G Non Standalone is up to 1gbps (1,000mbps) - 5G Standalone is 3.3gbps (3,300mbps) - 5G mmWave (Not in Canada yet) gets up to 10gbps (10,000mbps)

JohnDoe3

Their wording is misleading. Up to 4 implies that you could get less, and that you can't get more. It should simply state "you WILL get 4 points each month for your 4 referrals".

JohnDoe3

If that's the case, then their wording is atrociously misleading. It should not say "up to 4" as that implies 1) that you could get less than 4, and 2) that you can't ever get more than 4 under a different circumstance.

@ATHENS wrote:

Also let’s accept the fact that everything costs more these days - Just filled up my car for $112 - got a coffee for about $4.60, picked up some groceries including peanut butter for $6.50 and — yikes - smukers jam for a shocking $7.27. 
Soooo I have bigger sticker shocks than worrying about the loss of my $2 PM plan auto pay. 

@ATHENS We used to buy Kraft peanut butter on sale at $3.77 for 1kg. Yesterday it was on sale at $6.50! My Smuckers was $7.79. Somethings I will not substitute and those are 2 of them.

Bunnyhop

Yeah PM never acted this sleazy before.

Basem24

The new reward program is a cheat way to raise the bill and acting innocent and say , you can save , I will pay now double what I did before , the data give its worthless since I already have more than enough especially  it limited  time , disappointed and looking for another compny 

Kevin39

This is ridiculous. First they reassured us that the new rewards is optional and legacy rewards will be ongoing and now they are taking it away.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The most commented announcement here yet!

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 6.24.38 PM.png

Y4J259

@dmc69 could you share a little about the wording in your complaint? I'd like to file one too, but also want to make sure it's accepted. Thanks. 

@Y4J259 wrote:

So if CCTS accept a complaint, it looks like they stipulate PM can't collect disputed funds. So does that mean PM will still honour the old rewards until the dispute closes? 

Not quite the same,  @Y4J259 as it's not an additional billed amount being disputed, but a reduction of rewards

If anyone has differing information from the CCTS in writing, I'd love to read how they expressed this otherwise.

We are very likely still required to pay the face value of the plan subscribed to.   

Also, if Public Mobile wanted to 'play dirty', they might withhold all reward redemptions on a disputed account until the CCTS issues a final ruling.   That may mean no legacy rewards NOR public points may be applied until the matter has been ruled upon.

That would, effectively, be worse than at least getting the associated Public Points.

Y4J259

So if CCTS accept a complaint, it looks like they stipulate PM can't collect disputed funds. So does that mean PM will still honour the old rewards until the dispute closes? 

Need Help? Let's chat.