Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,503 REPLIES 5,503

hi @G_Pomzz business always find ways to cut cost and customers already suffer:(

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's going to lose them a lot more customers than the money they will save. Then again maybe the plan all along was to create a poison pill for PM and slowly kill it? Corporate greed at it's finest. 

G_Pomzz

One of those brilliant marketing moves, like when Coke decided to change their recipe. 

G_Pomzz

Of course not! It's a slap in the face to loyal customers. I'll be moving my two phones over to Freedom Mobile or Fonus.  The handwriting was on the wall once PM was taken over by Telus. 

dariovitale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi. Sorry, what is the $53.60 you are talking about?

dariovitale

FONUS USES STRICKLY ONLY  a data signal to make calls and texts along with their app. It's NOT a regular cell line like PM, Koodo, Telus and etc. I have contacted them. Therefore for starters its not easy for 911 calls. Plus not everyone likes or knows how to use data calling apps or eveb FB Messenger, Whatsapp, Snapchat and IG to call other people, especially elderly people. If you do a lot of calls, texts and messaging then the allotted data amount might start to go bit faster than thought. 

Plus compare all details of Fonus's plans and prices versus PM and ETC........they are not worth it, we have better deals. 

RNk6xib2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

> For those interested, go here: www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

I did that, thanks @JohnDoe3 

hi @IWorkForRogers1 

which company?? Rogers??

Kydd

Excellent post .. 53.60 per year in these times is a lot especially when carbon tax is set to increase April 1st over 20% .. 

hi @Metis from consumer points of view, yes it should.  The government allows more carriers multiple times but in the end they all cannot last and the Big 3 bought them all.  It's sad

Geekedout

This is a great idea!😀

hi @TECHRANG3R actually PM was not the pioneer of this model.  UK's GiffGaff runs on the same model.  Sometimes I think PM just copied it

Metis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is one GOOD reason why the big 3 need to be broken up. Customer service and loyalty mean nothing since companies can do what they want. This new program WILL increase my monthly rate. For the big 3 (Bell, Telus & Rogers) to claim that they are doing things to reduce monthly rates (and this new program does the exact opposite) shows that the words they speak are great fertilizer. Videotron is expanding world wide (through Freedom - which it owns). They may not have a loyalty program BUT they are INCREASING service while DECREASING prices. If Telus/Public/Koodo want to keep its customers, then leave current programs alone. As previously pointed out, it was customers that made Public and corporate greed that is destroying Public.

TECHRANG3R

When you think about it... It's kind of stupid and ironic!  This whole phone service was founded on the premise that the community is what supports the service.... Whether it's the advertising by word-of-mouth or ist support via the forums, and then some VP, Finance or Marketing guy decides they have a great idea to increase the profit margins by revamping the points system and squeezing the subscriber base for extra $$$!!! What did they think this community would do? SMH It's a community built on helping each other - not your paid employees!  You can 'try' to fool us but we are smarter than that and we will support each other to make our voice heard!  This community is awesome and it won't go down without a fight!  It's really kind of sad they didn't realize what they had built here.

jtennyuk

Thank you! Just submitted my complaint as well.

1000058333.jpg

JDBlue1966

IMG_8380.jpeg

Falconium

Been with PM for years. Just adding my voice/complaint to all the others here, this change is ridiculous and frustrating, and if it goes through I and my family (of 9) will look elsewhere. I hope PM listens to their community and decides NOT to go ahead with dropping the old rewards system. Otherwise they will be losing a LOT of long time loyal customers.

JDBlue1966

IMG_8379.jpeg

JDBlue1966

Done. I suggest everyone does it.

JohnDoe3

It can be argued that when the discount is directly at the point of sale (direct discount on a monthly bill), that the true price of the service is the amount agreed, not the price before discounts. There is precedence for this in contract law.

Michael6666

I'm actually starting to get excited to jump ship. 

I love sticking it to the man and being part of a collective, one dollar at a time.

We should all start running speedtests at 4:20 pm everyday with our extra data. That would be a nice way to protest

JohnDoe3

JohnDoe3

They'll only regret it when they lose customers. I encourage people to share alternatives that they discover. For instance, Fonus is american, but has unlimited for $20USD and global roaming.

JohnDoe3

This change completely removes my reason to keep my entire family on public mobile.

I was on $15/m with autopay, full loyalty, 5 direct referrals, and some of them have their own cloud of referrals. My monthly bill was nearly $0. It was fantastic. I hardly ever need data, and when I do and it goes over 250MB, I could just by the smallest addon, it would last and last.

Now, autopay benefit is crippled because I was only $15/m to begin with, loyalty is nowhere near as good, and I have to wait a year to even get 10 points (not 12 like you would think if they were lining it up with monthly cadences), and they added expiry to addons. Like really, FU public mobile.

PimpT

Been with PM since 2019 and even recommended them to my friends. Now we’re being forced to a new rewards system that we don’t want. So much for loyalty right? We do not want to use the new point system!  I will be switching providers this May along with my friends.

JDBlue1966

I’m sure there are lots like you. Public mobile should be ashamed of themselves.

RNk6xib2

I'm on the $15 plan that I got down to $7 or so after tax. I only use it for texting and still have ALL the old holiday bonus data from when I became a customer. PM, I'm SSSOOOOO glad you gave me 5GB of data for 150 days. This is reallllyyy going to help me cover the extra ~$120 a year I'll have to pay out when I already cant afford a proper phone plan.

publicmobile.png

IWorkForRogers1

We had a similar situation in a company of mine years ago, we disguised an inferior point system to replace an old one to gain more profits, then we got rid of the reward system altogether. Happy to see you did not mention any of this,  no one will ever figure it out, very impressive.

JDBlue1966

They should be ashamed of themselves. They wont though. Anyway, i hope they regret what they are doing.

JDBlue1966

So much for loyalty to long term customers. 

Need Help? Let's chat.