Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,374 REPLIES 5,374

Robbwell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ACCEPABLE: No more $1/mo.  for referrals we find in the future.

UNACCEPTABLE: Cancel $1/mo. for referrals earned in the past.

You need a fairness argument for PM and the the CCTS.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@edeepm   Just a heads up, if you want to get someone's attention (especially on thread that is very active and easy for earlier posts to very quickly get buried), just select the @key and usually list of usernames appears and you can select/tag the one you're replying to, or you might need to start typing the first few letters of the username before being able to select it. 

Chiranjiv

I would like to state that there are no freebies anywhere you go.

Chiranjiv

Fido will increase their monthly price faster and more frequently than public mobile, guranteed. I understand you are not happy with the current changes but rethink your decision when switching.

danlee1

so apparently, for long time customer who currently earning $5/mth off their plan, we get $10 off per year, that is a $50/yr difference!!!!  This is sooo upsetting!!  I am seriously consider to switch to Freedom.

Leavingpublicmo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am highly disappointed that public mobile is turning its back on loyal customers by forcing them to the new rewards program. I have been a layal member for over 6 years and now my bill is going to increase due to this change. Fido has offered a 50gb for 29 bucks so coming may 2024 when the new program is forced I'll be switching over to Fido. 

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Who cares about lifting the "new activations only" rule, when those plans are basically matched by other companies anyway? That wouldn't be some sort of generous offer from PM lol.

Would just be another slap to the face like the free data they gave, because those plans should have been available to us to begin with.

ikristina

This is a very upsetting change. There's no use for so much extra data, I barely use what I have. But there's a great benefit of $7 off per month ($5 loyalty and $2 auto pay) which I will be losing. It seems that there's no reason to stay anymore, unfortunately. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@IanP wrote:

Totally disagree with this change.

Data is a useless bonus for many if not most of us as we have excess already.

Least they should offer is a matching amount of points to what we are receiving now.

Or, at the very least, kept the conversion points of 1 point/month of service with PM for being on the new point system that was conveniently removed one day before this announcement. 

IanP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Totally disagree with this change.

Data is a useless bonus for many if not most of us as we have excess already.

Least they should offer is a matching amount of points to what we are receiving now.

hi @Bottomshelf yes , you are correct

but if you like , keep an eye on My Account or the Common, PM might lift the new activation limits on some plans and open up for existing as well. Just need to be patient 

Bottomshelf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe the old customers and new subscribers will be paying the same for their base plan.

I'm on the $15 plan and currently paying $7.84.  Under the new system I will be paying $15 and get 1 pt per referral, .75 pt per month and 10 pts on the anniversary date.  As a new subscriber you will also be paying $15.

If you're referring to the "new activations only" plan, I can see what you're saying.  My spouse is on the $25 plan paying $23.52 with unlimited Canada wide calling and 1 gb data.  Even though the new $24 is more expensive, in the long run (taking into consideration $ rewards) but at least you get 4 gb of data which may or may not be useful depending on your usage.

hi @Glemlins the Friend referrals is the same

The one who joined with the code will get $10 one time , the one ehor referred will get 1 point on the new system every renewal 

Glemlins

They should probably be updating their site..   First thing I see when logging into my account:

SHARING ISCARING
Celebrate friendship in a rewarding way. Refer a friend and get $1 off your bill every 30 days they stay. Plus, they get a one-time $10 bill credit. Everyone wins.

hi @JennalynnFlesch I don't think support agent can do much 😞

JennalynnFlesch

I have been messaging PM customer service regarding this ridiculous issue they have created for legacy users and this was their reply thus far, along with my answer for everyone to see.. basically just the run around thus far..

No worries, I'm here to help you with understanding how Public Points will work and how will or not affect your account.

Starting May 2024, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points program. 

These changes will impact existing customers that are not currently on the Public Points program. 

To thank you for your continued loyalty, we’re giving you a special bonus.

Bonus data will be added to your account by March 31. 2024, as long as your account is active. 

We’ll also send you a text message confirmation when the bonus data has been successfully added to your account.

The Public Points program is based on points, 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed. 

The ways to earn with Public Points are the following:

Welcome Present: As a little welcome present to customers opting-in to the Public Points program, we give them 5 points.

Points-Back: Our customers can earn points just by paying their bill. For every dollar they spend, they’ll make 5% of it back in points.

Happy Anniversary: For every twelve months a customer stays with us, they’ll earn 10 points. 

Refer-A-Friend: If a customer refers a friend to Public Mobile, they’ll receive one point for every month their friend stays with us.

Give Back: Customers can earn up to 20 points per month by helping the Public Mobile community online.

Customers can redeem them on the following way: 

Lower your bill: By spending 15 easily-earned points, customers can save $15 in hard-earned cash off of the price of their phone bill.

Add some Extras: We’ve got plenty of add-ons for varying amounts of points. Roaming, Add-on a little. Long distance minutes, Extra data.

Jackpot: From time to time, we create exciting contests. And if a customer is feeling lucky and wants to participate, they can spend the required number of points to be entered to win

Kind regards,

Danny

Customer Support Agent.

Hi Danny,

I do not agree to lose my rewards as they are on my account now.  I was promised the loyalty rewards upon joining PM as well as the friend rewards and the rewards for autopay.  Due to the fact that I am a legacy user, and my account predates your new points program, you will need to honor my account's current rewards as they stand. I will not accept this switch.  PM asked legacy users in the past if they wanted to switch and I was one of the many who said no.  This made our position clear. I will file a complaint with the CCTS unless PM confirms, in writing that it will honor it's promised rewards for legacy.

Your 'new' points program is not satisfactory and removes guaranteed promised rewards which would affect my account.  Your loyalty 'Points' will NOT equal what I have already.  My position is clear.  I signed up with PM because you promised the rewards I have NOW.  I will not switch to your points program.  I am one of many many legacy users who say NO.  

You can forward my message to a manager and confirm this with them prior to my filing with CCTS.

Thank you

wow @JB21 

I am providing help, so,  I running this place?? lol

@Jp21 you are really overestimating our influence with PM. We test items and give feedback and very little gets taken in and fixed.  We didn't have the leverage you may think we have

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That is definitely looking tempting honestly. With this change, that is actually cheaper than what I am paying here by far, even with all the referrals and I am not a heavy data user and my mother (whose account I manage) never uses data so that would suit her fine. 

Chiranjiv

People who had loyalty to PM need to rethink. PM is on its way to attracting new customers and older customers (like me) are no longer needed. PM comes up with plans that are not available to existing customers and now getting rid of rewards. Smart business decision or not! There are much better choices out there. Some with customer service a phone call away. 

kylewm

I think you might be in the wrong thread. Points have absolutely nothing to do with the app update. Same with the data bonus.

Jp21

Yes, Oracle's and anyone that provides support to others on this forum basically runs PM. I used to spend hours on here helping people when I first joined PM as well with my old account JP2. If people weren't volunteering their time to run PMs support they would have to hire people which would reduce their profits but mostly their customer retention as people would never be able to get support in a timely manner. 

eJonavin

Everyone should just do the math and figure out where you are. In most cases if you’re on a plan that’s less than$40/month you will be worst off with the new points system. You already knew than, that’s why you didn’t convert to the new points system when it was originally offered.

This is the boot for all the rest of you who were unwilling to move. Now you have no choice.

Yvels

I tried hard to get you new clients because it was helping me too. no trouble: I get my discount; Im happy with. your points is like points from credit cards; overly complicated and annoying. money back is the only cards I have now. i dont give a flying rat about points. just the fact that I will have to monthly login into my account to use points or whatever annoys me already. old rewards were simple and stupid. why would you complicate things? also your "gift" with expiration date... yeah thats just a slap. I will def look elsewhere if I can have something similar without points system I def dont care about.

eJonavin

You want the annual plan $119/year with 15GB. Works out to $10/month and more than 1GB per month usage.

dariovitale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You have a good point but forgot one thing............Telus owns PM. Pm is just another brand name under the Telus umbrella. Telus wont come down to its knees. Telus can simply cut out PM's existence by simply only running Telus and Koodo. Telus and Koodo use the same call centers and reps. So sadly they have nothing huge to lose financially except maybe PM clients in a very small way.

hi @Jp21 why you push the Oracles?? First, you think 9 of them quit or strike will really change PM's decision??   And it would make you feel better if  they don't get the $20 or points ??

Jp21

As Oracle's you guys basically do PMs job for them helping everyone with the issues so they don't have to have employees do it which gives you guys extreme leverage over PM. If all of you went on strike this company would be brought to its knees with support taking months to get from someone at PM. Customers that have super simple issues would be leaving in truck loads not knowing what to do while waiting not to mention the people that have actual issues but can't wait months for support. So if you are actually unhappy with the change take a stand to stop it. 

dariovitale
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

With the new points plan I am willing to bet, and you can all check, that when you calculate your final monthly bill after rewards given before taxes, same calling and texting plans even ff gb amount is not exactly the same but very close against plans offered by Bell's Virgin and Lucky Mobile, Rogers Fido and Videotron's Fizz and Freedom Mobile you just might notice only a $1-3 difference. And if so, knowing that Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido, Freedom and Koodo ALL HAVE call centers you can CALL to speak with a rep right away might just be worth the switch cause in 2024 this business of almost, if not in some cases, waiting a day for a pm rep to respond to your private messages is just over time consuming for the very little savings we see against plans currently offered by the above mentioned. 

I still a have a single line with PM that highly will be cancelled if they go ahead with the rewards changes. 

In terms of family plans bundled with other home and office services single account services like PM, Lucky Mobile, Virgin, Fido, Fizz and Freedom are usually not worth it. 

I am a old ADT home alarm customer. Telus bought them years ago. With Telus I have another 5 cell phone lines in my family. So for a home alarm and multi cell line bundle I pay $20 a month for home alarm (3 times they replaced my system for free upgrades) and pay $20 a month per cell line. Each cell line has CAN-US Calls and texts with 50gb data to be used in both countries with free roaming. THESE types of bundle deals are only offered under "Telus, Bell and Rogers" brandings. I got that deal in November cause in November and December for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals that is when these companies really give good deals. I know this by experience over the years. 

@Jp21 Sticking up for them?  I am just saying that even after this it is still the place that has the best plans that suit my family needs.  I have referred people onto the new points program if it was a better deal than what they are currently on why would stop trying to help my friends out if I find them a better deal.  That is not sticking up for PM that is supporting my friends and family

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.