cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

386 REPLIES 386

Hubertzh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Aïssata,

I just completed the form you sent to me.

Looking for the further news.

Thanks.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@rborowka, Thank you for reaching out to us! Please check your inbox, I just sent you a private message. 

Cheers,

Aïssata

rborowka
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Which Walmarts in Edmonton have the PM Sim cards. I checked with the one in Abbottsfield Mall and they never heard about this promotion, nor did they know about Public Mobile.

Hubertzh

Thanks vey much.

Hubertzh

Thanks very much!

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hubertzh 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help with your missing credit!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

MacMe

@Hubertzh wrote:

Hi,

I open an account two weeks ago. But I still haven't received  the 20$ credit. 

Anyone know how can I claim for that?

Thanks very much.

You can send a message to the Moderator_Team and they will look into it.

Note: the credit is for talk & text plans.  Ones with data are not eligible.

Hubertzh

Hi,

I open an account two weeks ago. But I still haven't received  the 20$ credit. 

Anyone know how can I claim for that?

Thanks very much.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yiatiohi wrote:

Yup -- will work with any Apple iPhone - The PM very affordable $10 / month plan which can be reduced to only $8 / month if one activates auto pay is ideal for only iPhones. The PM plan allows for unlimited incoming texts but only for 50 outgoing HOWEVER as long as your near WIFI you can use Apples unlimited iMessage feature.

makes sense!

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yup -- will work with any Apple iPhone - The PM very affordable $10 / month plan which can be reduced to only $8 / month if one activates auto pay is ideal for only iPhones. The PM plan allows for unlimited incoming texts but only for 50 outgoing HOWEVER as long as your near WIFI you can use Apples unlimited iMessage feature.

Noosiekins

@Yiatiohi wrote:

Because of the limited out-going  texting on the $10 plan one can use the free  iMessage unlimited texting feature. 

That's an iPhone thing right?

Yiatiohi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Because of the limited out-going  texting on the $10 plan one can use the free  iMessage unlimited texting feature. 

Noosiekins

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup,  just checked, and edited my original post.

Yeah i advised her that if the kid does go over the limit, she could add-on some data for her.. then she can use whatsapp or facebook messenger to contact her friends

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup,  just checked, and edited my original post.

Noosiekins

@Anonymous wrote:

@Noosiekins, there is currently no add on available to add texts to the 10/50/50 plan.  Long distance add on can be used to add minutes, though.   BTW,  are you sure incoming texts are unlimited?

Yup. It's this plan... https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10for50talk50text

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Noosiekins, there is currently no add on available to add texts to the 10/50/50 plan.  Long distance add on can be used to add minutes, though.   

Noosiekins

My boss just activated this for her 12 year old daugther... a talk and text plan...  She'll get unlimited incoming but only 50 out going texts... 

What are her options if she goes over the 50 text.. I don't see any add-ons for texts?

abstrusevaibhav

I took the Unlimited Talk plan as I was told by Walmart cashier that offer applies to that plan.

MacMe

The $20 credit is only for talk & text plans.  I'm not sure if the $20 plan is eligible since it only has talk.

You can send a message to the Moderator_Team and they can look into it.

abstrusevaibhav

On 8th June with $20 plan. But no credit till now. 

MacMe

@abstrusevaibhav wrote:

After how many days does the amount gets credited in the account?

"Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours"

So 3 days.  When did you activate your account?

abstrusevaibhav

After how many days does the amount gets credited in the account?

Bobsy

Great, thanks for the info!!

LEGO

@Bobsy 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

Bobsy

I just recently signed up at Walmart, I didn’t get my $20 credit though....I got my free SIM card but no credit.

how can I inquire about that?

talamal

Yes, you can get the plan from Walmart, and then change the plan to whatever you like (Data, call-only, etc) on the second month.  

You're stuck with call/text for the first month.  

LEGO

@StephieP19 If you activated an eligable plan, you will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, regarding you missing credit!
Good luck! Woman Happy

StephieP19

I signed up via Walmart on June 1 and still have not seen the $20 credit. I did get the sim at no cost. Can I ask how long till my credit shows up? Thanks

@Amm7bc wrote:

I just activated at Walmart and used my existing phone number.

They state it can take up to 2 hours, but my phone was active well under the 2 hour timeframe.

The Walmart employees could not see the promotion listed here though, and I had to pay for the SIM card,  

Request a credit for the SIM by contacting the moderators. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Amm7bc

You can still put in the referral phone number when activating at Walmart.

Need Help? Let's chat.