cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Public Mobile

UPDATED: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Update as of July 3, 2018: This offer will expire on July 4th, 2018. 

Updated as of June 29, 2018: This is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.

Hey Community, 

As a competitive response, effective today, we are offering a SIM card and a $20 account credit when you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at Walmart! Note that this is now a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice.  

How to Get this Offer:

• $20 account credit: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card on a 30 or 90-day Talk + Text plan at a Walmart location, you will get a $20 account credit!
    • Eligible customers will be credited within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next renewal date.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message when the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate on any 30 or 90-day plan at a Walmart location.
    • If you wish to pick up a SIM card in-store and activate at home, you will be asked to pay the regular retail price by the retailer.
    • SIM cards purchased online will be regular price ($10 each)

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

Might have missed it but competitive response to who?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Get a SIM + $20 bill credit when you activate a Talk + Text plan at Walmart!

OMG I just activated a new line for my mom yesterday Smiley Sad

I have a question, if I'm going to activate at Walmart, am I still available for referral? Moreover, if I'm activate for plan talk + text first month, and second month I'm going to change to talk plan only so will I be eligible for $20 credit? Thank you

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thats bad for People who refer others. 

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Does this include talk+text+data plans as well or just talk+text?

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up 2hrs ago and wasn't given this offer and had to pay for my sim card and now it doesn't work saying not activated and I already paid on my plan

@mminer you should go back to Walmart where you activated a plan or 

I recommend you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to investigate.  include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message.

You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

How long until a moderator replies?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

Mayor / Maire

@prasprime wrote:

Thats bad for People who refer others. 

Why, you should still be able to put the person who referred you in the I was referred spot. Walmart uses the same activation system we do.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going back to Wal-Mart now