cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 7, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Update as of September 24, 2019: This offer will expire on October 6th, 11:59 PM ET 2019.

Update: Due to popular demand, the $10 ready-made plan will be available for a limited time starting July 16.

FAQ

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

Past Updates

Spoiler

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one that’s set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have this plan. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to this plan up to July 16th. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

249 REPLIES 249

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

I just checked the plans link at the top of the page, you need to scroll way down, and open a grouping for the addons, but it’s still listed there, and in self serve.

Where are folks not seeing it?

Interesting.

W10, FF shows fine.

A8, FF not showing.

It was in the self-serve.

Oh well. So now I have something less than a 1000 extra minutes.

I just checked the plans link at the top of the page, you need to scroll way down, and open a grouping for the addons, but it’s still listed there, and in self serve.

Where are folks not seeing it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YVR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@funpig wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

The 500 canada min for $5 just disappeared from the PM website.

Was that also a limited sale?

The $5 500 minute add-on is still on the website and available in my account.

I didn't see it on the add-on list but it is in the self-serve...so I bought another one...in case it is being dropped.

Is there a way to keep your number and $10 plan for a little bit and then restart it.  For example if you are going out to town for a month?  Does your plan still have to be a current plan to go back to it?

Plans can be restarted up to 90 days after suspension.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@funpig wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

I didn't see it on the add-on list but it is in the self-serve...so I bought another one...in case it is being dropped.

Is there a way to keep your number and $10 plan for a little bit and then restart it.  For example if you are going out to town for a month?  Does your plan still have to be a current plan to go back to it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@funpig wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

funpig

@saeliux wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saeliux wrote:

Nothing said anything about being limited. That sucks. I guess it was too successful.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

saeliux

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

Maybe after they grandfather the $10 plan, they will offer a text addon. If they already have a text addon, less people might go for the $15 plan. Gotta maximize profits. 

How much would you pay? $2? $5?  Might as well just get the $15 plan.

Koodo has $5 for 250 texts, and $20 for 1000. both for US. I wouldnt mind paying something comparable. I have only used 10/50 texts this month and I only have 5 days to go. With my usage I think I will never runout. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

Maybe after they grandfather the $10 plan, they will offer a text addon. If they already have a text addon, less people might go for the $15 plan. Gotta maximize profits. 

I would pay $5 for a whatever I dunno 500 text add-on in a heart beat.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YVR wrote:

The $10 plan details have this listed

Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

Is this referring to calling from you cell phone to check voicemail will deduct from the 50minutes? 

What happens when someone calls you and leaves a message.  Does that use up your minutes if you check it from another phone? 

People calling and leaving a message does not count minutes.

Checking your voicemail from another phone does not use minutes.

YVR

The $10 plan details have this listed

Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

Is this referring to calling from you cell phone to check voicemail will deduct from the 50minutes? 

What happens when someone calls you and leaves a message.  Does that use up your minutes if you check it from another phone? 

@saeliux wrote:

saeliux

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baconify wrote:

The $10 plan is best for backup emergency phone that I can leave it in my car and forget about it. Sad to see it goes the way of the dodo. OTOH the new $15 plan is so much more useful with just 5 dollars more. The 250MB data is a nice surprise I don't expect to see data being offered at this price. It is tough to decide whether to keep the $10 plan or move up.

This company generally does not expire plans once subscribed. They can of course...but they don't seem to. It's just that when and if they do drop it, new customers won't be able to get it.

For my needs, the $10 is fine. Minus autopay, minus referrals, minus loyalty, minus any community efforts.

The company could offer a texting add-on that would make it perfect. I'm not holding my breath.

Baconify
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The $10 plan is best for backup emergency phone that I can leave it in my car and forget about it. Sad to see it goes the way of the dodo. OTOH the new $15 plan is so much more useful with just 5 dollars more. The 250MB data is a nice surprise I don't expect to see data being offered at this price. It is tough to decide whether to keep the $10 plan or move up.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can always get minutes and Data addons. Just not text related.

saeliux

Be aware there are no text addons. So 50 outbound texts is the most you can do with the plan.

You can always get minutes addons. 

@cleizhang wrote:

What does it include?

Details of plans are available here:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

@cleizhang it includes 

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

cleizhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What does it include?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The two mothers in my life were both on the basic basic Telus pay as you go plan (not of my doing). This plan you had to keep adding $10 / month into just to keep it alive even though you might not use the amount in your usage. Telus converted those people into a $3 plan that used the pot of money they accumulated. Which is fine. But with their usage...I really can't justify them moving to this $10 plan. I'd be happy to do all that for them but it's just not worth it. Even at $8 with autopay. They get more for that money from what they're getting but they just don't *need* it.

saeliux

Yes. I just recently realized. But it doesn't say until when. So I just ported two numbers this week to Public just in case. 

I have introduced the $10 plan to 3 people since their usage is so minimal. I will miss this plan when it dissapears. 

@sudy007You would use services from voip.ms, freephoneonline etc. However your phone will need to have wifi or you purchase extra data for voip because $10 doesn't have any data included. So you have to make a value judgement whether it is worthwhile for you.

@saeliux hi it is still available they extended it for a whileSmiley Happy

sudy007

how do you make it unlimited with voip ?

@kselmak wrote:

@sunflowershine wrote:

Originally I will have my mom cellular switch to PM after her prepaid plan finished. Seem I have to use Speakout instead...

I think it's worth getting now and when hers is about to expire port her number. If she never use phone it's a great plan, but it is for emergencies only, and a family member has that one in my household used only to tell us where is the pickup or to call a cab if nobody can drive to pickup. 

best value is still with 15 plan in my opinion, as you can turn it to unlimited with VoIP and everybody I know who went for 10 ended up switching to 15 eventually.

It is a great plan to get people to try it and I'll miss it.

I just hope it gets replaced by even better one. I know if at least one person who switched over only due to 10 plan. She doesn't have it of course anymore but if I didn't get it myself and let her use the sim and she could see it's just fine and that cheap and get plan was two times less with better coverage. I will miss it: (

@sudy007Lucky horeshoe

sudy007

what horseshoe brand ?

saeliux

I am sad to see this go. I had been waiting to use up all my credit before switching to public, which I did 2 days ago. I can't believe I could have missed this. 

I didn't realize this was posted in the forums. @Alan_K Thanks for the extension and announcement. I just switched my mom's phone, it still had $15 credit which I had to forfeit. 

Ok. I see.

Need Help? Let's chat.