cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanJuergen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: [UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

This is literally defraud 

warrenspencer27

I am very disappointed to hear that you are planning on violating the terms of the promotion that you originally offered us.

According to your promotion:

If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises.

My account status has never waivered from active, and yet my plan price is due to increase.  Surprise!
Barring a satisfactory response on your part in the next few days I intend to follow this up with the CCTS.

Warren

bcsteeve
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Whether this is "fraud" or a broken "promise" or not is up to the commissions and courts to decide.... and they may win.  But they WILL win if we don't make the complaint.  

Everyone go to https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/ and follow the instructions.  Don't whine and be rude, just make a clear concise point referencing the original plan, the wording on their publich posts, and the new plan and why that's a problem for you.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@warrenspencer27wrote:

I am very disappointed to hear that you are planning on violating the terms of the promotion that you originally offered us.

If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises.

My account status has never waivered from active, and yet my plan price is due to increase.  Surprise!
Barring a satisfactory response on your part in the next few days I intend to follow this up with the CCTS.

Warren

Of course nobody is happy about this, carriers do this kind of stuff all the time, I guess PM is no different 😞 At least they’re giving us the Koodo option, better than most carriers would do. 

bcsteeve

Don't settle for "at least".  And if everyone murdered someone, does that make it right?  Stand up for yourself, and make the complaint.  It isn't hard nor does it preclude you from biting the carrot they're dangling.

synnkim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Starting March 20th, 2018 your rate plan price will increase by $10 per 30 days.

This is bad. So disappointed PM.

freeday1919
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Another customer feeling very disappointed to hear that you are planning on violating the terms of the promotion that you originally offered us.

Alexo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't forget that PM, Koodo and Telus are the same company.  If PM pulls such shenanigans, you can bet that their corporate matters are directing it.

bcsteeve

Well, sort of.  They are seperate entities, but yes ultimately they all answer to the same board.

chrismclachlin

Like most people now posting on this thread, I am very disappointed in having the cost of my plan increased. I think people understand when new plans are offered with new features, faster speeds, etc, they may need to pay more, but we were promised at the very beginning "no surprises". The very line in the first post on this thread states:

• If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises

Whether this was technically legal because of your Terms of Service, it is very very poor business and a horrible way to treat your customers, many of who referred their family and friends to bring them to Public Mobile. 

If this decision is not reversed immediately and we receive the plan we were promised where the plan price would remain at $120, as long as we are an active customer on this plan, "no surprises", I will be filing a complaint with CCTS and the Competition Bureau.

Regardless of that decision, I will be further evaluating my wireless options and moving my business away from Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile if this is the way customers are treated. 

Note: this is a screenshot of the original post on this thread in case it disappears.[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited _ - https___productioncommunity.public.png

Need Help? Let's chat.