cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hopetindall while I agree with everything you said, @daveb was actually asking about a plan other than the promo plan (oddly, since this thread is about the promo plan--but fair enough I suppose).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hopetindall
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@daveb wrote:

Just getting ready to sign up.  Question - If I don't use a lot of data and choose 90 day, Canada-wide, Global Text and 3GB data and it shows $126, will this be the same price when I again prepay 90 days from now?  And will it continue that way into the future? (notwithstanding PM's right to give 30 day notice of change.)

Hi @daveb,

PM mods have posted in the announcements that folks will be able to renew on the same terms provided they don't change plan.

That being said - as you note the TOS provide that PM can change terms on their plans with notice. (and likely the forum posting by a mod [even a company paid mod] doesn't change that).

The only thing we can judge PM on, at this point, is their (and Telus') historical practice. They both seem to have a great history of grandfathering plans.  

I think as long as the plans are profitable for PM/Telus [and I hope they are because we as customers need them to be so they can improve the network, continue to offer plans etc.] they will hopefully grandfather them. 

[I imagine also there would be quite a backlash among the new customers if this plan was dropped!].

So - lets enjoy what we have and hope it will continue indefinately!

Cheers,

PHT

hopetindall

@tknguyen wrote:

Just switched over from a terrible plan at Telus. Was paying $85/month for only 1GB of data! Excited to join PM finally! 😄

Welcome @tknguyen,

while some folks in the thread have had problems. Many of us (no way to tell; but overwhelming majority I think) have had perfect service since coming to PM!

PHT

daveb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Perfect, Thanks.  It will be good to get away from big price plan.

srlawren
@daveb yes, you can keep your chosen plan indefinitely.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

daveb

Just getting ready to sign up.  Question - If I don't use a lot of data and choose 90 day, Canada-wide, Global Text and 3GB data and it shows $126, will this be the same price when I again prepay 90 days from now?  And will it continue that way into the future? (notwithstanding PM's right to give 30 day notice of change.)

srlawren
Apologies @JUNA1D5HAH, make that $40.56+tax per calendar month. Sorry for the confusion.

srlawren

@JUNA1D5HAH I get the confusion. The plan is a 90 day plan for $120, and all plans at PM are entirely pre-paid. This meana you will pay the full $120+tax on the day you activate, and then again 90 days later, and so on. Despite the promo being advertised as $40/month, there is no option to pay for it monthly. And because 90 days is not precisely 3 months, the *actual* month per calendar month can be calculated this way:

$120 / 90 = $1.33333 per day, X 365 days = $486.666667 per year, / 12 = $40.56 (+tax) per calendar month.

EDIT: corrected my math above 🙂

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The promo right now is only for the 90 day plan. If you click between 6GB and 12GB with Province Wide Unlimited Talk & Test Plan, you will see that they would both be $120 plans, so it's better to have more data right?! 😛 

JUNA1D5HAH

Thanks for the info.

What if I want the 6GB Province Wide Unlimited Talk & Test Plan for $40/Month.

How do I choose that plan?

Do I have to choose the $120 for 3 months or can i pay monthly instead?

Appreciate the assistance.

tknguyen

Everything is done on the PM website; from getting your sim to activating it and paying your bills :). There is a full online community to help you if there is help needed

Rockdaddy22
Awesome, welcome to the PM family 🙂

tknguyen

Just switched over from a terrible plan at Telus. Was paying $85/month for only 1GB of data! Excited to join PM finally! 😄

Rockdaddy22
It's actually very simple, choose 12GB data 90 Days Provincial Talk and Unlimited Global text, the price it'll spit out is $120.

JUNA1D5HAH

I am currently a Bell subscriber who wants to move over to Public Mobile.

How and where do you choose between the two plans below?

During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price.

I know I have to get a SIM Card first.

I find the website very confusing to navigate and choose the plan I want.

Is there no kiosk I can go to for the activation?

Ant help would be appreciated.

Thanks

happyday
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @prasprime

newatthis88

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.  I just never got an email confirmation regarding my order and so i was not sure if it went through.. Anyways, i wanted to test it out asap so i can then sign more people before the promo is over.  I am wondering if i should just order one more as it may take much longer than expected now. Please let me know when approximately it will arrive at the latest should i reorder another sim or would there be another way to purchase a sim?

thanks

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@newatthis88You will get the sim before November 20th.

As it was a Friday (probably afternoon or evening) and a weekend, the order was processed on Monday. Please allow 2-3 business days for the sim to arrive. PM is pretty busy sending out sim cards, so please do not be upset if it does not arrive within the promised time frame.

newatthis88

hi there,

I ordered the sim card on Friday and transaction as gone through but I did not receive an email confirmation regarding the order.  I checked with my credit card company and they have confirmed that it also was charged. Would you be able to tell me when I am able to get the sim card and are there any other way to get the sim card faster then via post Canada. I want to make sure I am able to sign up before the promo plan is over

thanks in advance

LeSong
This offer is a BadA$$ deal ..
Hoping to see always such a great deals from public mobile that will always keep us feeling the quality ..

srlawren
@prasprime those prices are the same no matter where you are in Canada. If you take $15 and divide it by 400 minutes, you will see that the cost per minute is 3.75 cents per minute. If you take $8 and divide it by the included 200 minutes, you will see that the cost per minute is 4.00 cents per minute

prasprime

@Jonavin I don't know, If that offer is for you. 

For me it shwowing this 

200 min US and Canada Long Distance
$8.00

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)
$15.00

If the 200 min is $3.50. That will be awesome deal. 

Thanks. I live in SK. I don't know, If that makes the difference. 

Jonavin

@prasprime Isn't what I said? 3.75 cents. That's 400 minites at $15. How many minutes do you want for $3.50 for it to be an awesome deal, 400 minutes?

prasprime

@happyday Contact one our moderator. @Mary_M

happyday

Issue: I had changed my phone plan to this 4GB / $40 plan promo two week ago. My current plan recently ends like 2-3 days ago; however, with my auto-pay renewal, the system did not update to the new 4GB / $40 plan promo. What should I do?

Please help! Thanks.

prasprime
@Jonavin It's $8 and $15 I believe. $3.5 is awesome deal.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Charbs20 wrote:

Can I purchase the $5 SIM card now and hold onto it for a few months until my Rogers plan expires, and still get the promo deal?

Unfortunately no, as others have said.  But it might still be worth signing up now, depending on your current plan with Rogers/how much you have left to pay off on your device (for most people, it is as long as the PM plan meets their needs).  I had a full year left on my Rogers device, just over $350, and it still made more sense for me to switch to PM.

Jonavin

@prasprime It's 3.75 cents that never expires when you pay $15 for 400 minutes and it covers Canada, US, and many other countries. How much cheaper do you really need it to be?

cphan0604
Long distance is $8 per 200mins, $15 for 400min.... And it carries over until you use it up.... I think that's a fair price....
Need Help? Let's chat.