cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATE] Last day to get our limited time 4GB / $40 promo plan!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Note: The promo plan has been removed from our website; however is still available in the activation portal and in Self-Serve. 

We will be honouring the promo plan for all customers who ordered their SIM card between October 25th-November 16th, but did not receive it before November 20th.

Why the November 16th cut-off date you might ask? SIM card orders take 1-2 business days to arrive at your home, and Canada Post does not deliver on the weekends. Knowing that there is a lead time for SIM cards to arrive, we have temporarily stopped SIM card ordering until after the promotion is complete. This is because anyone who would have ordered a SIM card after November 16th would not have received their SIM card in enough time to sign up for the promo plan. We didn’t want anyone to get your hopes up and then be disappointed.

If you get a SIM card at one of our pick-up locations this Friday and Saturday, you will need to sign-up for our promo plan on or before November 20th. The promo plan will not be honoured for these customers after November 20th.

Hey Community,

Yes, you read the subject line correctly! From October 25th to November 20th, we will be offering an amazing promotion where you can get 12GB of data, unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text on a 90 day plan for only $120. This equates to 4GB each month for the low, low price of $40 every 30 days. If there was ever a time to get friends and family to join Public Mobile, now would be it!

Check out the full details below to see how you and your friends and family can sign up for this awesome plan!

Things you need to know

• This is the only promotional plan during this period. No other plans are affected
  • During the promo period, there will be two plans totaling $120: (1) the 6GB unlimited province-wide talk and global text plan and (2) the promotional plan, which has 12GB of data. Please be sure to choose the plan with twice as much data for the exact same price!
  • If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises. 

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer and are interested in taking advantage of the promo plan, you have two options:

1. If your plan ends during the promo period: You can sign up for the plan in self-serve, as you normally would to change your plan
  2. If your plan ends after the promo period: You can future date a rate plan change during the promotional period, and have the promo plan take effect after November 20th. For example, if you’re currently on a 90 day plan that ends on November 28th, you will be able to sign into self-serve anytime between October 25th-November 20th and future date the promo plan to take effect upon your existing plan’s completion. Come November 21st, you would no longer be able to future date the promo plan.

This means that everyone has the option to take advantage of this great deal, regardless of when your existing rate plan ends. 

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in having this promo plan, you will need to call into the call centre and upgrade to the Pick & Pay plan. Please note that, once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers: You want to join because the grass is really greener over here

As a new customer, you can add the promo plan when you are prompted in the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first!

-Public Mobile Community team

1,415 REPLIES 1,415

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'll just buy add ons, and use FaceTime audio. Considering I only talk to other  people 🙂

mjs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with Cyber. It is a good plan, but Canada wide is a standard thing and I wish this promo plan was canda wide calling. Many canadians have either family or friends and do travel across canada. not having the canada-wide talk as a promo would still be expensive, even for an addon...but, still a good promo plan.

Rockdaddy22
It's unfortunate, but not a gimmick IMHO

@Cyber

I don't know why you say Provincial calling is a gimick.  I have no need for Canada-wide calling, so why would I get it.  I stay in my province, for the most part, and the few times I've been out of my province in 40 years I've either been with family and friends so their was no need to call home.

Heck, I really don't need province-wide calling, as the majority of my phone calls are within my local calling area.  Yes, I have a few friends and family outside that, but it's minimal.

Province wide works for me - if I need to call somewhere else I'll get a LD package.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great plan! It got me to sign up and register LOL.

Honestly, I didn't think switching would be that smooth. 

But it was.  If you're on the fence - do it.  It's that easy.

I must admit it is a good PROMO coupled with 400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US).

However, Koodo, Virgin, Fido will also do very good promos for the Black Friday plus all of them includes Canada-wide calls.

Province-wide is just a gimmicks...

JaK

Hi @njsquared;

Yes, $120 for 90 days (not quite 3 months), 12GB to be used anytime during those 90 days. It's not a contract, it is a pre-paid service, so you just need to pay for your next cycle. This can be automated thru autopay, by linking a credit card. PM has indicated that yes you will be able to repeat as long as you stay on the plan. (If you go away from the plan, you cannot get back on, unless of course it is offered again.) Yes, you can port in from Telus (and since PM is owned by Telus, you would not even need to unlock your phone).

@njsquared wrote:

So, this sounds like a good deal. To be sure I understand (being used to the tricky wording of other companies). I sign up for the deal and it's $120 for 3 months of service and 12gb total data (or is that 4gb/mth) and then before the end of the 3 months I renew the contract for $120/3 more months and repeat as long as I want?

Can this extend be automated? Can I port over a Telus number? Is there a contract for 2 years or just the amount I extend for each time?

Thanks

NJ

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @njsquared,

It is a great deal, no doubt!

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can port over a TELUS number
    1. Porting takes anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours
  2. No, there is no contract!
  3. Yes, you can automate the renewal of this great plan just by signing up for auto-pay.
    1. You will also save $2.00 each month that you are on auto-pay.

Cheers,

Neil

kenleu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@njsquared

That's correct.  $120 for 90 days of service and 12GB of data.   Repeat as long as you want.

It can be automated by using AutoPay. 

You can port over a Telus number.

There is no contract.  This is prepay service.

njsquared
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, this sounds like a good deal. To be sure I understand (being used to the tricky wording of other companies). I sign up for the deal and it's $120 for 3 months of service and 12gb total data (or is that 4gb/mth) and then before the end of the 3 months I renew the contract for $120/3 more months and repeat as long as I want?

Can this extend be automated? Can I port over a Telus number? Is there a contract for 2 years or just the amount I extend for each time?

Thanks

NJ

JaK

Agreed @ute1978,once you are already on the promo plan you can successfully suspend and restart it for up to 90 days, but you cannot upgrade to it out of suspension as the plan will no long be a valid offered plan at that time.

@rolomonster, what you could do is take a 10 day talk/text/data plan to test out the service, then change that to the 90 day text only on renewal, and once that has started change it to the promo plan on renewal. Make sure you get that second change in before Nov 20, you still have lots of time for that. (If you do get jammed for time, you can end the 10 day before it completes by using the change now intstead of change on renewal).

ute1978

@rolomonster wrote:

Would I be able to pay for one month one gb to try the service, not select autopay, select the $120/12gb for renewal before the 20th, not pay for 88 days and have the account and plan active, pay the $120 on the 89th day and add autopay and port my number then? 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The problem here is, that in order to get the $120 promo plan it has to be paid on renewal date otherwise it won't activate.

mjs

that's cool

rolomonster

Ordered a SIM and looking to move over from Fido to this new $40/4gb promo, but I have quite a large balance still and want to push off switching as long (and as cheap as possible). Would I be able to pay for one month one gb to try the service, not select autopay, select the $120/12gb for renewal before the 20th, not pay for 88 days and have the account and plan active, pay the $120 on the 89th day and add autopay and port my number then? That way I could keep service with my current provider and lock in this plan to activate for 4 months time? I know the text only for 90 days

is another option, but I also want to test the full service of PM before I completely switch over.

Also, would my referer continue to get their credit when I am suspended/on hold for the 89 days? Or could I just pay for an addon that rolls over to keep my line active?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rockdaddy22
You can get it to $0, that's the limit 🙂

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jonavin wrote:

@Rockdaddy22  is there a limit to how much rewards you can get?  

The limit for the rewards is when your bill reaches $0.

After that you cannot accumulate more rewards.  After my bill reaches $0, I just plan to increase my plan and get more rewards hehe.

Thank you,

JL

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22 haven't check but is there a limit to how much rewards you can get?  Can you get it down to zero with enough community points, autopay, referrals and annual rewards?

Rockdaddy22
Let's bring that down to $0 🤑

Jonavin

With every referral and other rewards you're paying less than $40/month.  I just checked, I'm down to $35/month now. Thanks PM for making it easy to pay less every month!

JaK

@panada984, nice, I'd be all over that one! Smiley Very Happy

panada984
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Brooke_C @Shazia_K @Mary_M

I believe that there is an errors display in the self serve for people who are on the $120 for 6gb data, unlimted provincial call and unlmited text before public mobile has this new 12gb promotion. It's displaying $75 rather than $120, is this an permanently thing or a display error again?

I recalled that when public mobile rolled out the new plan in the summer, there were a display error in the self serve for $90, 1gb plan.

erroror an

WearySky

@mjs wrote:

It would be really nice if there was a promotional plan for the 12GB data, unlimited Canada calling, and unlimited global texting. I think that would be a bigger hit, attract new customers, and even ratain existing customers. Hopefully we see something like that as a christmas promotion plan.

This one is already a huge hit, based on what I'm seeing over at the red flag deals forums.. I imagine there will be something for Black Friday but I don't need nationwide, this plan is perfect for me.

hassantq
thank you guys for supporting your existing customers too and offering this to ALL THE PEOPLE.

Rockdaddy22
I really hope so, I'm really surprised it's it being offered:( That being said, I've already switched my plan to this one.

mjs

It would be really nice if there was a promotional plan for the 12GB data, unlimited Canada calling, and unlimited global texting. I think that would be a bigger hit, attract new customers, and even ratain existing customers. Hopefully we see something like that as a christmas promotion plan.

@Ionut could always use Skype or something with your data while travelling cross Canada

nishufan

@Jiangjun1949

The data is working within Canada. You don't  need to worry about the data.  

ryanwoo
On the renew day

srlawren

@Jiangjun1949 make sure you click the button that says to change your plan on the next renewal date, and you will not be charged until then.  If you click the button that says to change your plan right away, then you will lose what's left of your current plan and immediately be charged the next 90 days for the new plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jiangjun1949
Thank you. My current plan is going to expire after 21 Nov. I know I can set the prom plan on the renewal date. My question is that I have to pay next cycle charge now or PM only charge me on renew day?
Need Help? Let's chat.