cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today is the last day to get $47 for 4GB!

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community, 

As they say, all good things come to an end, so we wanted to give you a heads up that the $47 for 4GB promotion will expire today at 11:59pm.

Kind of like this awesome magical genie:

via GIPHY

81 REPLIES 81

Seems like PM now is going for the quick flash sales 

Dansal1985
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered mine Wednesday since my local Wal Mart was out of stock , I saw that message it was ending today and somehow I got lucky and it came. I just activated it and now have to port from koodoo. I'm happy to have got the sim so fast. I missed last year's 38 promo so I'm glad I got this one.

@Someone_here wrote:

Wow, 2 days promos... Should last at least a week to give people who decide to order SIMs by mail some time to receive them... No?

Now that you can buy sim from Walmart or Wow mobile, that excuse is no more valid. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Wow, 2 days promos... Should last at least a week to give people who decide to order SIMs by mail some time to receive them... No?

@mimmo wrote:

Looking at the new pricing vs the promo pricing its really not that  different.

promo is 45$/30 after autopay and regular price is  $48/30 days after autopay.   

$3 a month isn;t that big a difference if you missed the promo.  just one starbucks coffee less a month.  

for a quick compare: Koodo is $65/month for 3gb

Yup, noticed that. Stay tuned for upcoming promos 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Looking at the new pricing vs the promo pricing its really not that  different.

promo is 45$/30 after autopay and regular price is  $48/30 days after autopay.   

$3 a month isn;t that big a difference if you missed the promo.  just one starbucks coffee less a month.  

for a quick compare: Koodo is $65/month for 3gb

jackfzhao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my friend just signed up, it was $150 @beginning, but when he went through n saw it changed to $141

@htuck Private message me if you still want this promo. I can provide you the sim number. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hottop same thing just happend to me. 

You need to send the moderators a private message

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number 

-sim number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@htuck wrote:

Hey guys, I can't make it to a Walmart anytime soon... hoping they extend the promotion 😞

I don't know why they wouldn't run it until Monday. Give people on the weekend some opportunity to get in on the deal. But maybe that's the point, I don't know.

htuck

Hey guys, I can't make it to a Walmart anytime soon... hoping they extend the promotion 😞

hottop

Hi, got it to go through ie account seems have been created but error messsage says "email us to get your account operational" - can someone assist please.

@htuck Can you get to a Walmart or WOW Mobile kiosk before closing?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ntan

I can't verify if the price is actually showing $141 after activation because the PM account creation is not not working for none of my friends (have tried 3 different numbers); it keeps complaining about "* The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already." 

This is frustrating!

hottop

Hi,

I am trying to register and the process failed at credit card verification. says go back (with a link) to restart the activation process. Now the system will not recognize my sim # as authentic, can a mod help please

hanyj123

@mtfolks wrote:

@hanyj123 In my opinion it's worth it based on your monthly plan price with Rogers. PM runs off the Telus/Bell network and I've found it slightly better than when I was with Rogers. 

You're gonna lose Canada wide but you can always purchase a LD addon and it never expires. Just rolls over until it's used up. Really depends how often you call out of province. 

Also PM is a bring your own phone provider so if you're looking at upgrading you have to purchase a new handset elsewhere. 

All that being said I've been with PM for 7 months and couldn't be happier. Saving tons of money without sacrificing network quality.  

I’ve just got the sim cards !! The wow mobile guy said the system is currently down so the promotion is extended. But when i try to activate the sim cards, it went through...

thank you everyone!! 

jshmeek

@pulp74 wrote:

Sign up my wife and mother in law today for this great promotion. Glad I did it in time for them to enjoy Public Mobile! 

Finally some plans worth referring people to. Hopefully it becomes a bit of a trend again.

pulp74

Sign up my wife and mother in law today for this great promotion. Glad I did it in time for them to enjoy Public Mobile! 

jshmeek

@ntan wrote:

I believe I'm selecting the right plans ( see images below )

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 5.23.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-22 at 5.23.24 PM.png

Provinces that aren't Ontario have had this price since the beginning, as far as I know. I remember seeing it on the BC page. The $47 promo should be available during activation.

ntan

I believe I'm selecting the right plans ( see images below )

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 5.23.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-09-22 at 5.23.24 PM.png

ntan

Someone I know is trying to register for this promotion, but the price (as of 5:18PM PST) is no longer $141, but is now $150? What's the deal?

peterbuilt777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HTUCK

I'm hoping someone can help, I just ordered a sim card yesterday and waiting for it in the mail, I'm new and wanted to get this deal but I don't have it yet!

Can anyone help?? 

Go to the nearest Wal-mart or a shop that sells sim cards and get a Public mobile Sim card which is $10. 

htuck

I'm hoping someone can help, I just ordered a sim card yesterday and waiting for it in the mail, I'm new and wanted to get this deal but I don't have it yet!

Can anyone help?? 

peterbuilt777

SOLVED,  I did not select the appropriate plan options.  for those experiencing the same issue. Select 90-day pass, Province-wide talk, international unlimited text, and the 9 + 3 4G LTE to get the $47 promo. The $47/ month plan for 3 months will come up to $141 with taxes it will be $159.33 which is $53.11 a month after taxes.  

tapiocapearl

"Hello Community, 

As they say, all good things come to an end, so we wanted to give you a heads up that the $47 for 4GB promotion will expire today at 11:59pm."  This is not true.  I just checked the PM website at 4:12 p.m. PDT - the price has already changed to $50. 

GTI

Same here but it showing $150 for me.  I have a friend hesitant to sign up now because of this.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@peterbuilt777 wrote:

Hello guys, 

I am trying to get the $47 a month plan which comes with 4 GB LTE data for the month. I am trying to activate my sim and step 3 which is PLAN AND ADD-ON, I selected the 90 Days service, and it is giving me $165 for the 90 days which comes to $55/ Month. Is the $47 plan still being offered or did PM take that off earlier that the deadline which is today at 11:59 PM. 

Pls help. thank you

I just got $150...sounds like you might of picked Canada-wide talk? Also keep in mind Plan calculator is before $6 AutoPay discount.

peterbuilt777

Hello guys, 

I am trying to get the $47 a month plan which comes with 4 GB LTE data for the month. I am trying to activate my sim and step 3 which is PLAN AND ADD-ON, I selected the 90 Days service, and it is giving me $165 for the 90 days which comes to $55/ Month. Is the $47 plan still being offered or did PM take that off earlier that the deadline which is today at 11:59 PM. 

Pls help. thank you

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wow even Virgin is getting in on these flash deals...only for AB folks not bad if you need nationwide calling. Smiley Frustrated

$45/month: Unlimited province-wide talk, global text and 4GB of data

$50/month: Unlimited Canada-wide talk, global text 4GB of data

Oops wrong thread please move

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Virgin-Mobile-and-Fido-offer-45-4GB-Alber...

@harryoh52 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@chuirich wrote:

Hi, I just signed up today with Public Mobile - for some reason I did not see the $47 deal, ended up paying $50.00/30 days for 4G LTE. 

@chuirich

Did you choose the 90day option?

Hmm I also see $150.  I signed up two days ago so I'm safe but my friends were planning to switch today too...  

Will the promos just be automatically applied afterwards?

Please do not look at the price on the plan page. It is known to be wrong. Go into your self-serve and check it there. Exactly those prices will be available during activation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.