cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Lounge - for everything not related to phone-stuff!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

We’re excited to bring you a new board on the Community called “The Lounge”! As you may have guessed from the title, this will be a place where Community members can discuss their interests, hobbies, or just about anything that’s not related to phone-stuff.

As we continue to grow Public Mobile, we are continuously amazed by how diverse, resourceful, and creative our Community members are. Outside of Public Mobile issues, our Community is a unique bunch (as we’ve seen in your contest entries! ), and we’re excited to see you what you love to talk about! Who said you can’t have fun on a phone community forum?

Note: activity within this board will not be counted towards the Community Reward.

Let us know your thoughts below!

-Public Mobile Community Team

34 REPLIES 34

klodmoro
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you @Anonymous,

I like the way you detailed the process of starting a new thread; it tells me it's a little convoluted.

I would have suggested an icone beside our avatar to start a thread, but then there would need to be more fields to publish the thread in the right section. So I think the button is in the right place after all.

Cheers,

Klod

klodmoro

Thank you @popping, I got it now.

Cheers,

Klod

Anonymous
Not applicable

@klodmoro wrote:

Hi,

How do I create a new thread in PM Community?

I fail to see any buttons or links that would let me do that.

It's probably very obvious, but I can't find it...

Please help!

Thank you,

Klodmoro

Go to the main entry page of the Community.

Scroll down to all the headings at the bottom.

Click into a topic that you'd like to add to.

Click on the orange Start a topic button in the upper-right-ish area.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@klodmoro wrote:

Hi,

Please help!

Thank you,

Klodmoro

Go to any sub-forum.  You will see will see an orange [Start a topic] button on the top right.

klodmoro

Hi,

Please help!

Thank you,

Klodmoro

@M0BiLE  Just order one online and wait for the shipment.  Beware canada post is on strike. Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@M0BiLE wrote:

I live up North... In BC 😛

Negatory on loblaws...and i do not even know if there is a local who has an active Public Mobile account..i have enquired in regards to service here, and it is availible... but still we're missin' out up here...dang! 

Actually that reminds me... I have a side-job repairing phones, and people often ask me about the possibility of *any* SiM cards for sale, or they just want to know which of the current Canadian providers is the most favourable 😄

If Walmart can't even bring them in then your only choices are purchasing directly from Public Mobile and waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Or get to a larger centre. I'm 2 hours away from any place that'll sell a PM SIM. So you go to the town and have your big town list and do all your errands and get the SIM while you're there.

M0BiLE

I live up North... In BC 😛

Negatory on loblaws...as far as spare P.M. SiMs, i dont have much hope..! ..in fact i do not even know if there is a local who has an active Public Mobile account..& I have enquired in regards to service here, it is availible!... but still we're missin' out up here, dangit!

Actually that reminds me... I have a side-job repairing phones, and people often ask me about the possibility of *any* SiM cards for sale.. They also ask , which of the current Canadian providers is the most favourable 😄 so, the demand is there..and it could be, specifically, for Public Mobile SiM cards 😉 :p... anybody got a good idea where one might get Public Mobile SiM cards bulk/wholesale, at the best rates?

Or possibly...What about making/writing SiM cards... can one purchase just an account # directly from Public Mobile, and use it to create a valid SiM card for one's self? Or is that taking it too far...i know it is feasible with some carriers in other countries, but i do not know if they do that here in Canada or not.. 🙂

Hack-Android-Phone-660x330.jpg

mimmo

No superstores or Loblaws? Where do you live? Maybe someone locally might have a spare.

M0BiLE

Hello everybody! I am new here, i want to be a Public Mobile subscriber but no PublicMobile SiMs availible locally at any stores in this town... (the Walmart here has NO sims at all, unless you buy a prepaid..!! and they have ZER0 Public Mobile prepaids here..Ever!! )  i will order one eventually, or win one, or earn one?? (Oracle jr.?;)) wishful thinking, but hey..livin' the dream!   Hack-Android-Phone-660x330.jpg

amasood

Sounds great. 

boimdijogja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

nice information Alan

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sagewolfe wrote:

@CS_Agent ... Please Help Me. I am trying to create a self serve account. I would like to change my Pre Paid plan... I need international calling and more data ASAP as I am going to mexico. When i try and make a self serve account it says my number is invalid... I need this fixed asap thank you 

There's kinda no point in contacting the moderators or changing your plan for this purpose. Public Mobile won't work in Mexico.

sagewolfe

@CS_Agent ... Please Help Me. I am trying to create a self serve account. I would like to change my Pre Paid plan... I need international calling and more data ASAP as I am going to mexico. When i try and make a self serve account it says my number is invalid... I need this fixed asap thank you 

sagewolfe

help me my number is invalid? trying to change my pre paid plan..

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

The Lounge should disappear as the Public Lab did.

@stonechucker I'm still a bit torn on this, but I mostly think it's harmless.  The thing is that humans are social creatures, so no matter how "on-topic" we try to stay, there's always going to be some human interest things that people want to talk about.  I think herding all that talk into the lounge--where activity does not influence community reward, appropriately--is a good thing.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Discussion about the industry? Seems like the Discussion forum is already here for that.

The Lounge should disappear as the Public Lab did.

dna2016

@Alan_K, very nice and good idea.  Thisis how you build a community for real, give them the appropriate forums to conversate freely, and you have an even more loyal community.  

I think this will be very useful for everyone.  I think it''ll be a great forum for people to post the latest and greatest about technology and the industry in general.  Great move PM. 

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree,  PM should be using resoursces to improve customer service

wait times.  If i need to chat. I can text a friend.  Luckily I am one of the customers

who's text function actually works. Sorry but this was a poor choice to roll this out now!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I wish I could show greater excitement about this, but with the customer service level not keeping up with the increased customer base and the demands that this puts on customer service, having a chat forum is not even going after the proverbial low hanging fruit.  @Ashley_T, I fully respect that the moderators are doing their level best each and every day.  The problem is not with the moderator team, it is with Public Mobile not scaling customer service at a pace that is keeping up with the increased demands that come with having more customers.  I suppose now we will have a forum in which customers can lament without guilt of gaming the reward system while they wait for their problem to be solved. 

mimmo

Ashley,

I know mods are doing everything thing the can and as fast as they can.

All anyone is asking is to simply state in a visible place we are experiencing longer than usual wait times,  expect a reply in 4-5 days, something a little more specific than a tad bit, which seems to minimize the severity of the workload on our mods.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @mimmo ,

This would be the reason why I wrote the previous post.

It is to inform you and anyone else in this thread of what is going on, on our end and we try to continuously update our customers of this delay.

Being aware of the delay will surely help, but cooperation from Community members is essential in helping one another.

@smp99 I'm sorry that this is not the response you were hoping to hear, but the simple answer to your question is that we are doing our best to answer all messages as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

Also, please note that, as mentioned previously mentioned, during peak periods the delay is longer and on a regular basis, the wait time can differ.

Thank you all for understanding.

Regards,

Ashley

smp99

My point was maybe there should be ticket numbers. There was talk of that during the aftermath of the huge Fall 2016 promo.

mimmo

@smp99 since there are no ticket numbers...how about  serving messages sent on date  and maybe time. Updated every 4 hours or so.

smp99

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello Community!

I hope that you are all excited about this new announcement as much as we are 😄

I noticed that a few of you would like to know about the response time and to answer your questions; as mentioned in our Knowledge Base that, during peak periods, the wait time can go up to 48 hours.

Now, I know some of you have waited a tad bit longer and we are working to cut this down for you all, but please note that, by sending multiple messages, you will increase your delay.

That being said, let's all work together and help each other out 🙂

Here's how you can do so:

- Try searching on the Community for answers

- Check out our Knowledge Base, for questions you may have

- The whole Community is here to help, so try asking them as well! If not, they'll gladly direct you to us Moderators 🙂

- Please send us ONE message with your Phone Number, PIN and a brief description of your issue

We already appreciate your patience, so please bear with us as we do our best to accommodate your needs.

Thank you!

Ashley

This is not the response we were hoping to get. What are you doing about reducing the time to the 4 hours that it used to be. 

"Currently serving number ###" would be a start.

mimmo

Im sorry but 3- 4 days  seems quite  a bit longer than a tad bit.

All people are asking is PM to be transparent with  the current wait period.

My message from Thursday was answered today, I def send a second one on Friday, not sure if that reset the queue (which it is not supposed to) but even so that is 4 days.

You get multiple messages because people do not know the current wait time.  If it was posted then I am sure multiple messages would be cut down a tad bit.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hello Community!

I noticed that a few of you would like to know about the response time and to answer your questions; as mentioned in our Knowledge Base that, during peak periods, the wait time can go up to 48 hours.

Now, I know some of you have waited a tad bit longer and we are working to cut this down for you all, but please note that, by sending multiple messages, you will increase your delay.

- The whole Community is here to help, so try asking them as well! If not, they'll gladly direct you to us Moderators 🙂

- Please send us ONE message with your Phone Number, PIN and a brief description of your issue

We already appreciate your patience, so please bear with us as we do our best to accommodate your needs.

Thank you!

Ashley

@CS_Agent

1) @Mary_M has mentioned previously that multiple messages do not, in fact, move your request down in the queue.

2) Wait times have been 48 hours+ pretty much since I joined Public Mobile in July, which is 3 months straight of "Peak Time". It seems like this is actually the new normal for Public Mobile. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Community!

Thank you!

Ashley

I have to agree, although nice to have, focusing on customer support response times is vastly more important than ‘The Lounge’.

i do agree however, that content in the lounge should not contribute to Community Rewards.

Please address response times.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Awesome 🤗 how about Custom Avatar 😁

Need Help? Let's chat.