cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Rockdaddy22 & imm1304 + Search for new Oracles!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

It is with great sadness that I am announcing today that @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 are stepping down as Community Oracles.

Rockdaddy22 has been with the Community since September 2015. He’s always around to give a helping hand and a lot of you think so too, as he’s received more than 4.1K bravos!

imm1304 has been with the Community since August 2015, and has been one of our support rockstars - since joining, he’s amassed 272 solutions and nearly 7K bravos - wow!

We want to sincerely thank imm1304 and Rockdaddy22 for the tremendous support and passion they have shown, which has made the Community a better place for all. While we’ll be sad they won’t be with us as an Oracle anymore, we’re very happy to still have them around in the Community.

With this change in mind, we’ll be searching for new members to add to our Oracle Team over the next couple of weeks. The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members, who are passionate about all things Public Mobile, and are interested in providing honest feedback about how we are doing. Does this sound like someone you know? If so, please nominate a Community member you think would make a great fit for our Oracle team in the comments below by January 10th. We will be reaching out to our successful candidates after this date. Be sure to share your appreciation for Rockdaddy22 and imm1304 as well 🙂

-Public Mobile Community Team

87 REPLIES 87

dna2016

Definitely a big loss for the PM community, @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 you will both be surely missed as community helpers. 

Although we lost a couple great one's there are definitely a number of amazing folks out there that people have already mentioned.  And these folks do an amazing job providing solutions, keeping it real, and calling out those who may have it all wrong (like myself).  If these folks are interested in putting their names in the Oracle search hat I would definitely give them my vote (not that my vote means anything but hey why not).

- @RobertQc@stonechucker@danielj, @Anonymous, @wetcoaster@mimmo@srlawren@computergeek541@SD08

I think everyone listed above are superstars in this community and would provide an amazing bonus as Oracles in the PM Community.  I know I'm missing a few others but that's all who I can think of right now.  

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 and all Oracles for there support.

@SD08, thank you for the nomination, a wonderful surprise to me, to be nominated.  Also thanks to the others who have supported your suggested nominees, as @srlawren and @mimmo are great company to be nominated with.  With the continued expression of Bravos on my Open Letter earlier this year, I think I’ve shown a great deal of honest suggestion and feedback, and I continue to do so.

To @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304, a long time job well done for the both of you.

@SD08, I submit your name as a nominee, along with @wetcoaster also.

There are a number of well deserving nominees, and quite possibly more just coming along.  I do hope those chosen are welcomed and accepted by all, and the Community will I’m sure continue to grow, and be the wonderful place I choose to spend a few too many hours each week.

Well done retiring oracles, and good luck to the candidates 🙂 The names already mentioned all makes sense!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous@Yeah but it's a little different when you are in the middle of the sea and the cruise line charges so darn much.  I will try to check on port days, if /when we can find free wifi.  

Are you doing the road to Hana? We really liked that when we went to maui, as well as sunrise on top of the volcano.

Not to derail too much, so briefly...we've been up top on a prior trip though not at sunrise. And we haven't done that road.

We've been to each of the main islands and I think we like Maui the most.

c70nut
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks to the outgoing Oracles, your dedication is appreciated!

Psygineer

In no particular order I'd say any of these folks could likely hack it as an Oracle.

@srlawren@RobertQc, @Anonymous, @mimmo@stonechucker

@Dunkman wrote:

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum, @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304.  Enjoy your retirement years    Smiley Happy

I woud also nominate @mimmo@srlawren@stonechucker 

Honour mentions to @RobertQc, @Anonymous, @computergeek541

Thanks for the recognition.  There are so many longtime and regularly contributing members that I just know that we're going to forget to mention someone. 

@mimmo wrote:

Thanks @Rockdaddy22@ and @imm1304 for all your hard work.

Thanks to all for vote of confidence. I agree with all names posted above, and definitely a nod to @srlawren, and also @wetcoaster

Heading on vacation tomorrow,for two weeks, for some Carribean sun, and will have limited internet.

There are many good candidates already. Good luck to all.

Yes, that's right - webcoaster.  It was a while back, but me and kav2001c were talking about who else could be considered for the position and I brought up webcoaster's name up.  That was when some people were complaining about some inactive oracles (not about them being oracles but because of the $20 Community reward being automatic).  The griping back then doesn't change the accomplishments of the two departing oracles, and when someone becomes not as active as before, that just means that people are busy with life.

So, when it comes to some of those past gripes about the $20 reward being automatic even if a member hasn't been so active, most of us community members really have no idea if there is some type of automatic system in place that recommends an oracle to be replaced.  There very well could be, or it could simply be a voluntary thing.  I suspect that unless you're a moderator or are or have been an oracle, other members wouldn't be privy to such information.

Back then, many of the same names were dicussed.  Sd08, mimno_l,  srlawren, stonechucker, kav2001c, webcoaster, and myself were all mentioned,

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous@Yeah but it's a little different when you are in the middle of the sea and the cruise line charges so darn much.  I will try to check on port days, if /when we can find free wifi.  

Are you doing the road to Hana? We really liked that when we went to maui, as well as sunrise on top of the volcano.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

Thanks to all for vote of confidence. I agree with all names posted above, and definitely a nod to @srlawren, and also @wetcoaster

Heading on vacation tomorrow,for two weeks, for some Carribean sun, and will have limited internet.

No excuse mimmo_L! I'm currently enjoying the Maui sun. I'm poking in here on occasion 🙂

mimmo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bravos and kudos and solutions to both of them.

I nominate @RobertQc.

I also mentioned RobertQC and have had a few conversations privately with him about the what goes on within the community.

@Anonymous, I would also nominate you based on your rapid rise to the top in the leaderboards, except that I know that you fall just short of the 1 year requirement. But I'm sure you'll be on the short list soon as soon.

Thank you @computergeek541 for the mention. I had heard about the 1 year so I already knew I wasn't likely going to get any nod if I happened to be thought of but who knows how these things really work.

If I thought it right to mention others then you would be one. stonechucker, mimmo_L and yeah srlawren back in the saddle too. All high participation folks who've also been here a while. Heck... SD08, SDO8 :), abTest just under the wire.

Wonder_why

Thank you imm1304 & Rockdaddy for your great contribution to the community support,  sad to  see leave the Oracle's

Thank you for all your contributions to the forum, @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304.  Enjoy your retirement years    Smiley Happy

I woud also nominate @mimmo@srlawren@stonechucker 

Honour mentions to @RobertQc, @Anonymous, @computergeek541

@Anonymous wrote:

I nominate @RobertQc.

I also mentioned RobertQC and have had a few conversations privately with him about the what goes on within the community.

@Anonymous, I would also nominate you based on your rapid rise to the top in the leaderboards, except that I know that you fall just short of the 1 year requirement. But I'm sure you'll be on the short list soon as soon.

shartomjam

@NDesai wrote:

Honor roll to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for their efforts to make the community a better place. I like what @SD08 nominated. I think the time they have been supporting the community is a crucial point. SD08 himself is also a good candidate 🙂

I second @NDesai's choices for @SD08@stonechucker and @mimmo.  In the year that I have been here, they have contributed enormously to this community and would make great Oracles. Thanks to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for all their "Oraclean" contributions over the years.

Thank you  @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304 for helping everyone out over the past few yeras.

I too, also think that srlawren could still fit the bill.  Even though no longer an oracle, this user continues to play a prominent role in the community.

Based on long-time "community service", I would say mimno_L and stonechucker, and SD08 would be great choices.  RobertQC is coming up pretty fast as well in the all-time leaderboard.

Carld123

@Rockdaddy22 @imm1304

👍                     👍

Excellent work...

Honor roll to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for their efforts to make the community a better place. I like what @SD08 nominated. I think the time they have been supporting the community is a crucial point. SD08 himself is also a good candidate 🙂

@srlawren wrote:

Welcome to OAA (Oracle Alumni Association), @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22.  Dues are payable every 30 days--please make your Interac e-transfer addressed to me.  Robot LOL

Membership should have some form of privilege.  What is in it to be in the OAA?  I digress.  Congrats to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for all the past contributions for building up the community and this service to what it is today. 

Danitoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to the community and have had a very easy transition to PM, the community has been very helpful so far and I have been able to sort any problems by self serve.  I think the oracles do a great job! big shoes to fill for any new ones! keep up the good work!

SD08

Thanks to @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22 for your contributions over the past few years.  Your participation was indeed valuable to the community.

While I support the candidacies of those mentioned so far, I would especially like to nominate @mimmo and @stonechucker to be the next Oracles, based both on their current activity and on their overall participation levels over the past couple of years, which have been consistently excellent in both quality and volume. I believe they've more than earned it.

If I may be so bold, I'd also nominate @srlawren to become Oracle again, if he is willing to accept the position once more. Despite resigning previously, he appears not to be stepping back and relaxing, so he might as well be an Oracle again to match his output and experience.

Best of luck to all candidates for the position. 

Thank you imm1304 & Rockdaddy for your huge contribution to the community over the years.  Excited to see who the new Oracle (s) will be but they have some big shoes to fill

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

Welcome to OAA (Oracle Alumni Association), @imm1304 and @Rockdaddy22.  Dues are payable every 30 days--please make your Interac e-transfer addressed to me.  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Anonymous wrote:

I nominate @RobertQc.

@Anonymous

There is a 1, a 0 and a 4 in your handle, you could step into @imm1304's foot steps! 😉

Both, @RobertQc and you have definitely been posting like oracles in these past months.

Thank you for your amazing contribution over the years, @Rockdaddy22 and @imm1304!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I nominate @RobertQc.

Need Help? Let's chat.