cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the Oracles!

Igor_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who really know their stuff. Each Oracle has proven their in-depth knowledge of Public Mobile, answered lots of questions in the Community, and helped many members resolve issues. They’re part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.

SIM Character - New Oracle - Imran _FINAL_Jun13.png

Imm1304

Meet imm1304. He considers himself a student of life and is on a journey to see the world. We think he’s doing pretty well so far considering he’s already visited 37 countries!  When he’s not out trotting the globe or busy studying to become a Trauma Surgeon, imm1304 is all about sports. He’s a cricket buff and a big fan of the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Blue Jays. If he could have lunch with one person, dead or alive, imm1304 would pull out his heavily customized LG G4 to give Sigmund Freud a call. “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...”

Oracle SIM-Luddite.JPG

Luddite

If magic makes you a magician, then logic makes Luddite a “logician”. Dr. Luddite (yup, he has a PhD) likes to discuss the question “Is the glass half empty or half full?” While we think that full is always better, be ready to discuss. If you’re chatting with Luddite, you’re probably sitting fireside in his study with a glass of Riesling, snacking on roasted nuts, and listening to Elton John.  He would tell you that if he could have lunch with any historical figure, it would be Winston Churchill. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”

ndesai.png

NDesai

NDesai is an IT whiz! After years of work experience and a strong passion for what he does, he has a wide breadth of IT knowledge including computer hardware/ software, networking, programming, web development, wireless and security. As a result, he has a hard time going anywhere without his computer and phone. I’m sure many of you can relate, right? NDesai is also an avid Vancouver Canucks and New England Patriots Fan.

Oracle SIM-srlawren.JPG

srlawren

srlawren is all about mobile, tech, and rock n roll. If he’s not typing away on his keyboard as a software developer, you can find him air drumming on the big air stage with some of his favourite bands, like AC/DC and The Barenaked Ladies. Lunch with srlawren will likely include pizza, sushi, or dim sum (or all of the above), and if he could choose anyone in time to share it with, it would be Chris Farley. While he doesn’t consider himself an avid traveller, he has been to Vegas a lot. When we asked why he’s been so many times, he would only say, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”

rockdaddy.png

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22 loves the Public Mobile Community because he loves helping others and sharing his knowledge about phones and how they work. He also has a strong appreciation for the Public Mobile moderators, and all the work that they do! Aside from his Community involvement, Rockdaddy22 likes to watch movies, collect coins and is a big fan of the Toronto Raptors.

61 REPLIES 61

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@911onFire wrote:

Keep up the great work! I'm interested in helping out the community as well!

We look forward to it 🙂

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Keep up the great work! I'm interested in helping out the community as well!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @deltatux,

Thank you!

Cheers.

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to all the Oracles!

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @srlawren,

Thanks for that question; I wouldn't have thought of it without your asking.

Bob and Sue will visiting @Luddite this weekend. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend. I will, however, don my inverted colander to communicate with them then. I will definitely find out!

Cheers.

srlawren

@Martin do Bob and Sue have any miracle cures for one-handed flat fingers??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @srlawren,

I'm a one-finger typist. Due to replying to those members who had congratulated me, the tip of my right index finger became somewhat flat. It has since returned to its natural shape. 🙂

Cheers.

srlawren

@McLaren mmmm, cookies!  Sorry, I don't bake, or dodge bullets. 😉

Honestly, thanks to everybody whom has said their congrats--there are too many to thank individually (though, @Martin is definitely doing his best to try! Robot LOL )

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Igor_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Vakshwell We couldn't agree more!

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats to the new oracles!  Will there be any cookies ala the Oracle from the matrix? 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Rockdaddy22,

Thanks for the congratulations. Much appreciated!

Cheers.

Martin

Rockdaddy22
Congrats everyone:)

Thanks, @Martin! Me teechurs tot my guwd.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

What incorrect grammar are you referencing?

BTW, and I mean this quite seriously, no one would have known that your mother tongue wasn't English had you not mentioned it. Your grammar in posts and in private messages has always been spot-on perfect. 🙂

Martin

Sorry @Martin, but I'm missing the bad grammar aspect entirely. I can't spot anything in what you've just typed that's grammatically incorrect! Or maybe this has more to do with my being a non-native speaker of English Smiley Tongue

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi,

WHAT? I'm funny?? You're funnier! 

Martin

You're too funny, @Martin!! Smiley LOL

Martin
Legend
Legend
LOL with 778!

BTW, I once had diktats, and I had to go to a dermatologist for treatment.

FYI.

Oh man, I have so many individuals to touch...I mean...wish for...I mean...

(the rest of this post has been censored in accordance with Martin the Oracle's "no dirty jokes" diktat)

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You're obviously unaware of the main use of pixie dust, other than sprinkling it here and there.

Please get the wand that @Jeremy_M gave you. Unscrew the bottom, and you will notice that the wand is holllow. Fill it with pixie dust, and screw the bottom back on. (No dirty jokes!) Make a wish for someone, and touch that individual, ever so lightly, on one's left or right shoulder with the wand.

POOF!

Your wish for that person has come true!

Please get with the program. The first Oracles' exam is this Friday. Good luck!

Martin

@Martin MORE pixie dust?! What are you going to do with all of it! You better not be building a pixie-capable missile.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

If truth be told, Bob and Sue, from the Mother Ship, are thanking people while I'm watching the US primaries. I told them what to say, and, they're enjoying themselves so much, they're going to ship, by ICS (Intergalactic Courier Services), a tonne of pixie dust to me tomorrow.

Cheers.

@Martin I'm impressed that you're not tired of thanking everyone individually yet! You really do exemplify good behaviour Smiley Happy

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @DK,

Cheers.

Martin

DK

Congratulations Oracles.   Nice to see recognition for your hard work.

Cheers

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @TroyDaBes,

Cheers.

TroyDaBes

Oh. That's nice. Congrats to those people!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Vakshwell,

Thank you for your very kind words. They're appreciated!

Cheers.

Vakshwell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm really liking this appreciation for fellow community members! It's well deserved that these individuals become the first ever Oracles! They're always very helpful and informative whenever I see them in various threads within the community! Congratulations guys, your help goes a long way here! 😃

Need Help? Let's chat.