cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the Oracles!

Igor_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The Oracles are a small group of Community members who really know their stuff. Each Oracle has proven their in-depth knowledge of Public Mobile, answered lots of questions in the Community, and helped many members resolve issues. They’re part tech wizard, part boy/girl scout, and part Jedi master.

SIM Character - New Oracle - Imran _FINAL_Jun13.png

Imm1304

Meet imm1304. He considers himself a student of life and is on a journey to see the world. We think he’s doing pretty well so far considering he’s already visited 37 countries!  When he’s not out trotting the globe or busy studying to become a Trauma Surgeon, imm1304 is all about sports. He’s a cricket buff and a big fan of the Toronto Raptors and Toronto Blue Jays. If he could have lunch with one person, dead or alive, imm1304 would pull out his heavily customized LG G4 to give Sigmund Freud a call. “Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...”

Oracle SIM-Luddite.JPG

Luddite

If magic makes you a magician, then logic makes Luddite a “logician”. Dr. Luddite (yup, he has a PhD) likes to discuss the question “Is the glass half empty or half full?” While we think that full is always better, be ready to discuss. If you’re chatting with Luddite, you’re probably sitting fireside in his study with a glass of Riesling, snacking on roasted nuts, and listening to Elton John.  He would tell you that if he could have lunch with any historical figure, it would be Winston Churchill. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”

ndesai.png

NDesai

NDesai is an IT whiz! After years of work experience and a strong passion for what he does, he has a wide breadth of IT knowledge including computer hardware/ software, networking, programming, web development, wireless and security. As a result, he has a hard time going anywhere without his computer and phone. I’m sure many of you can relate, right? NDesai is also an avid Vancouver Canucks and New England Patriots Fan.

Oracle SIM-srlawren.JPG

srlawren

srlawren is all about mobile, tech, and rock n roll. If he’s not typing away on his keyboard as a software developer, you can find him air drumming on the big air stage with some of his favourite bands, like AC/DC and The Barenaked Ladies. Lunch with srlawren will likely include pizza, sushi, or dim sum (or all of the above), and if he could choose anyone in time to share it with, it would be Chris Farley. While he doesn’t consider himself an avid traveller, he has been to Vegas a lot. When we asked why he’s been so many times, he would only say, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”

rockdaddy.png

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22 loves the Public Mobile Community because he loves helping others and sharing his knowledge about phones and how they work. He also has a strong appreciation for the Public Mobile moderators, and all the work that they do! Aside from his Community involvement, Rockdaddy22 likes to watch movies, collect coins and is a big fan of the Toronto Raptors.

61 REPLIES 61

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Thank you for the congratulations. Much appreciated!

Cheers.

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to the Oracles! 🙂  that's so cool.

Thank you for your kind words @srlawren, and @Kalla_A!

And to @NDesai@imm1304, @homer, and @tysonyerex: thank you for the congratulations!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @ckl,

Thank you!

Cheers.

Martin

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Excellent choices!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Kalla_A,

Thank you very much for your kind words.

Cheers!

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Congratulations everyone!

We wouldn't this effective without your help: PM is very lucky to have @srlawren, @Martin, @7789849803, @Luddite and all the other users that are always so active and helpful Smiley Very Happy

Cheers!

Kalla

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @tysonyerex,

Cheers.

Martin

tysonyerex
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Martin @Luddite @7789849803 @srlawren Congrats guys!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You're quite welcome!

Hi @srlawren,

Thank you, and congratulations to you, too.

Cheers.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wow, I'm in some great company!  Congrat to @Martin, @Luddite, and @7789849803!  And thank you @Jeremy_M, @Igor_M, @Shazia_K, @Kalla_A, and everyone at PM!  

@imm1304 thank you for the kind congrats 🙂  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Thanks, @Martin!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You made a wise decision. You're obviously an oracle at heart.

Cheers.

@Martin Actually, I did think of that possibility. Then I found an article online about an oracle associated with Publicova Mobilecova who's languishing in Russian jail for upsetting the authorities there with just such fortune telling.

For now, I think I'll keep myself limited to the fortunes of bravos I earn from this community.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Think positively!

Now that you're recognized by Public Mobile as an oracle, you can parlay that into making money. How? Advertise in the newspapers that you're a recognized oracle, and tell fortunes.

Sounds doable?

@Martin Trust me, I know! I used to be a common, world-travelling man. Now I'm somehow a warrior fairy with wings...

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Please be especially careful with pixie dust. It has a history of profoundly changing people upon whom it's been sprinkled. If you don't believe me, ask @Jeremy_M!

Martin

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Martin @7789849803

Too funnyRobot Very Happy

@Martin Thanks for the recognition, and for the education about PM's Russian branch.

I promise to use each one of my sword, wand, and pixie dust responsibly!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@7789849803 it's my pleasureSmiley Happy Looking forward to amazing things!Robot Happy

P.s - let's go with sword...Smiley Happy

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Congratulations to you, and the very invaluable work that you do in the greater Raincouver area!

With regard to being an oracle, we do not have swords; we have wands, and pixie dust that we sprinkle here and there.

As for hammers and sickles, only oracles with Publicova Mobilecova in Russia use them.

FYI.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @homer,

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @NDesai,

LOL!

My eyes water at the thought of achieving 5,000 bravos. I access the community using only a 2015 Moto G with its 5" diagonal screen.

Cheers.

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

yeah you guys have your unique profile pictures designed by PM now LOL congrats! 

Thank you to everyone at PM (but especially you, @Jeremy_M) for being so appreciative and supportive to all of us community members.

I shall wield the mighty Oracle sword (or is it a hammer? sickle?) responsibly! Smiley Happy

@Martin You're Welcome 🙂

Another congrats on your milestone achievements. 5K Posts Smiley Surprised

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @NDesai and @Jeremy_M,

Thanks for the congratulations. Much appreciated!

Martin

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Congratulations to all of you!! This is so exciting!!Robot Very Happy

Congrats and great job. You got pretty cool VIP type oracle icon.pngon your usernames. 

We would love to hear what goodies you just earned.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @imm1304,

Thank you for your kind words.

Cheers.
Need Help? Let's chat.