cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Fun with Public Mobile

Steph_B
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Community,

We’re excited to announce that we have a series of summer events coming your way in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal! Check out a sneak peek below.

• Public Mobile Fest - Our mobile musical festival is heading to the West Coast! On August 11th, our festival on wheels will return this year in Vancouver only gracing its streets with sweet, sweet, local music. Check back for more detail coming soon!

• Public Mobile Food Cart - All summer long we’ll be giving away customizable, edible cookie dough in Toronto and Vancouver with all the toppings that’s unbaked so you get more dough. Now that’s #affordoughble. Plus, if you missed Yayoi Kusama’s Infinity Mirrors exhibit, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our own special take. This weekend visit us from 12-6PM in Toronto at Trinity Bellwoods Park on Saturday and Christie Pits Park on Sunday. Plus, find us in Vancouver from 12-6PM at Kitsilano Beach Saturday and English Bay Beach on Sunday.

• Laughs for Less - Since we know how much Montreal LOVES comedy, we’re bringing the city a #LessforLess way to get around this summer that is bound to make you laugh. The Public Mobile MoinsX (LessX) quadricycle service is like any taxi, or uber, except without the engine, doors, radio, glass and lots of other things you don’t really need to get from Point A to a little closer to Point B. With premium features like unlimited water and customizable sound effects, you’ll love your commute. Stay tuned for more details.

So, tell your Aunt, your BFF, your Grandma and your mailman. Public Mobile is coming to a neighbourhood near you to spread the word about our #LessforLess way of doing wireless. We hope that you can join in on the fun this summer!

Hope to see you there!

Public Mobile

56 REPLIES 56

terrif

Think about comiung east next summer!  🙂 

tazzy_s

Kinda hard when in Sudbury. I gotta work so there's no time to go to after a summer mobile sadly.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jace829 wrote:

I was also thinking the same thing. I’m intrigued but I hesitate to try it. Not long ago, Vancouver had a recall on some brands of flour that were making people sick due to E. coil contamination. 

Right? And let's not forget that there's a high level of e.coli found around the beaches in Vancouver this last few weeks. 

jace829
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was also thinking the same thing. I’m intrigued but I hesitate to try it. Not long ago, Vancouver had a recall on some brands of flour that were making people sick due to E. coil contamination. 

thirstyturtle18

I wish Public Mobile would do some events in Alberta.

Noosiekins

Unbaked cookie dough... is it egg free? I hope it's stored in a refrigerator... raw egg and heat doesn't sound very safe... or is this dough that's not even mixed and is still in the flour form? 

Zhuoyu

So no activity in Montreal or Ottawa? Unfair! Smiley Happy

Nebula

Summer fun for a select few.

Not upset, just bummed to be left out 2 years in a row

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm pretty sure that having a food cart and handing out cookie dough isn't costing Public Mobile hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Maybe next year they will expand to more cities. 

It's supposed to be "Summer Fun".  Not sure why people are getting upset over this 🙂

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The major cities are where the majority of the investment in infrastructure is and where the majority of the population is gathered enabling benefits of economies of scale is the greatest and increased profitability. The does not mean that other place could not benefit from increased users and increased economies of scale for existing infrastructure. As people mention having in key major cities is similar to the concerts last year. Only some cities is not appreciated by those not living in the key cities and those in the suburbs and can not make it downtown in the time frame of their events.

Public Mobile should either scab the events all together since they are not in line with the true #LessforLess marketing strategy and be able to stop upsetting people in cities that there are missing. Or increase the amount of city the hold events in by teaming by with Telus and Koodo.

Nebula

Reminds me of that free concert from last year...

Pretty sad to not be included... again...

We should all get something too! 

-$5 for the summer maybe? Or send us shirts/swag to wear around town 🙂 I would wear my shirt proudly, use my usb in the most public places and forget my pen all over campus.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I checked out the PM food cart at Christie Pits Park.

PMFoodCart_29Jul2018.jpg

Tried two flavours of cookie dough:
Left: chocolate chunk; Right: birthday cakeLeft: chocolate chunk; Right: birthday cake

Acekiller

sucks

where's edmonton?

Marie-Sue

It sure is summer here way up in the Yukon.. and event planning coming up this way sometime in a near future?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

For those of us who can't get to the major centres, this is seen as poorly invested marketing.  I said it last year, as a National provider, market to the whole nation, not just the major centres.

I agree in principal but y'know...the major centres are where just about all the potential customers are. The rest is not so populated so therefore not nearly as many potential customers.

I'm in a rural area. I won't be going to any of these events. I think it might be kinda interesting to at least put a face to staff and mods from here but...not gonna happen.

For those of us who can't get to the major centres, this is seen as poorly invested marketing.  I said it last year, as a National provider, market to the whole nation, not just the major centres.

danielj

#LessforLess To me would be to forget these events and decrease the price of the plans.

Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal. So not like what I remeber of last year where it was basically Toronto. Yet members of the community are already bringing up additional cities to add to the list.

If Public Mobile is going to do these events in the future at least partner with Telus and Koodo and split the bill and all get the advertising. Attempt to get #LessforLess by working together and splitting the costs. This type of advertising is more in line with there types of brands and advertising. Public Mobile is more temporarily increasing refer a freind rewards.

Kerris
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You should plan something for Calgary Alberta!

@Clefort88 wrote:
PM has to come out to NS. I've managed to convince three people out here to switch! More PM awareness here is needed.
Being involved with the community work that I am, I am still the only person of about 1000 people that I've mentioned it to for affordability and quality of service, who has even heard of PM, let alone uses it.

We're crying for amazing prices paired with amazing service! Come heeeeereeeee, PM. Bring your delightful music, food and transportation devices here haha

@Clefort88, maybe you can ask Public Mobile to ship you a few kgs of cookie dough and a Public Mobile t-shirt and you can distribute the stuff at the local park.  Smiley Tongue

@anya wrote:

Lol, @will13am  the pic on blogTo shows a deliciously huge serving...much bigger than you got...I think you should ask for a refund  😜!

That is okay, I had enough of a sugar rush with what little I received already.  If I needed more I could have taken some from the other cart.  My mission was not to load up on sugar, but to see how they were selling the brand.  The event as I saw it was nothing more than handing out cookie dough.

anya

Lol, @will13am  the pic on blogTo shows a deliciously huge serving...much bigger than you got...I think you should ask for a refund  😜!

PJC

@Steph_B wrote:

@szymon247 you can find the schedule for Vancouver below. Please keep in mind that this may be subject to change based on foot traffic and weather! 

Aug 4 - Stanley Park Seawall 

Aug 5 - Seawall Waterwalk (At Coal Harbour) 

Aug 11 - Olympic Village Square 

Aug 12 - English Bay Beach 

Aug 18 - Sunset Beach Park 

Aug 19 - Canada Place 

For Toronto dates check out the Blog to article here.

@pakmode@PJC@David01 I attached a picture taken by to_finest's instagram! 

Wow, they look delicious!

David01

@will13am @Yes, saw the photo. Thanks for the assistance. Appreciate it! -David.

Clefort88
PM has to come out to NS. I've managed to convince three people out here to switch! More PM awareness here is needed.
Being involved with the community work that I am, I am still the only person of about 1000 people that I've mentioned it to for affordability and quality of service, who has even heard of PM, let alone uses it.

We're crying for amazing prices paired with amazing service! Come heeeeereeeee, PM. Bring your delightful music, food and transportation devices here haha

@Steph_B Can you please update the main post with that schedule update? 

pakmode

@Steph_B wrote:

@szymon247 you can find the schedule for Vancouver below. Please keep in mind that this may be subject to change based on foot traffic and weather! 

Aug 19 - Canada Place 

Lol thanks @Steph_B

Steph_B

Aug 19 - Canada Place 

@szymon247 wrote:

Is there any schedule for the dough booth in Vancouver? I would like to locate it, but have no idea where to find it Cat Happy

This kind of information is usually found in the OP.  There is something coming up on August 11 in Vancouver.  Don't think there is cookie dough being handed out in that event. 

@David01 wrote:

Can't make it to TO, but looking forward to seeing all the photos, if anyone takes pictures, feel free to PM me. Would love to see the photos! 

How about looking upwards just one post above yours.

szymon247

Is there any schedule for the dough booth in Vancouver? I would like to locate it, but have no idea where to find it Cat Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.