cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From July 28 to July 29 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective July 28, 2018 until July 29, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store on a 30-day plan from July 28 to July 29, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

108 REPLIES 108

dxbyow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated it online ☹️.

@dxbyow wrote:

I activated my SIM card on a 30 days plan and was never credited for it within 72 hrs as advertised...

Did you take your case up with the moderator team?  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

dxbyow

I activated my SIM card on a 30 days plan and was never credited for it within 72 hrs as advertised...

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dxbyow wrote:

Hi! I activated my new SIM card on a 30 day plan on July 29th and my account was never credited within 72hrs as advertised...

Did you activate in store or online? Just checking because the promo was for in store activation only.

dxbyow

Hi! I activated my new SIM card on a 30 day plan on July 29th and my account was never credited within 72hrs as advertised...

irisou

Thank you for the information. I just sent a private message to the moderators.

Need to adapt to the community. 🙂

Cheers,

@irisou wrote:

Hi,

We registered during the July 28 and 29 Flash sale at a Walmart and took the $25 plan for 3 months.

The $2 monthly credits were automatically assigned to our account, but we still haven't received credits for the month free. Do we need to wait a little longer. I read it could take up to 72 hours.

Thank you,

@irisou

Typically should receive promo credit within 24 hours.  Up to 72 hours.  So, it looks like that you need to contact moderator.  Wait time for responses from moderator has been about 24 hours and longer unfortunately due to demand.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

irisou

Hi,

We registered during the July 28 and 29 Flash sale at a Walmart and took the $25 plan for 3 months.

The $2 monthly credits were automatically assigned to our account, but we still haven't received credits for the month free. Do we need to wait a little longer. I read it could take up to 72 hours.

Thank you,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JT23 wrote:

What about the $10 referral credit for referring a friend? 

That's not the deal. Read my previous post.

If your friend had not activated in store then you both might have got $25. But instead it's the standard refer a friend deal. $1 for you. $10 for your friend.

@JT23 wrote:

There is currently a new promotion for activating online $25 https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Get-a-25-Credit-for-You-and-Your-Friend...

JT23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JT23 wrote:

I referred a friend during the London drugs promo but only got the $1 refer a friend reward but not the $10 one.  Where can I see this on my account and am I supposed to get a text notifying me of this?

Thanks

You get the $1 a month for as long as your friend stays with PM. Your friend gets the $10 up front.

JT23

I referred a friend during the London drugs promo but only got the $1 refer a friend reward but not the $10 one.  Where can I see this on my account and am I supposed to get a text notifying me of this?

Thanks

Darreny

I also got in contact with a moderator and they helped me resolve my issue quickly!

Ryyyan

I also did not get the $40 credit since I did activate in-store on Jul 29. Hopefully i can get it today.

Bwoody

The moderators have been really helpful with me! They were able to strighten out my confusion.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mrasm wrote:

Hi i have activated on jul/29, on the $40 plan, I expected $40 rebate, however I only got $10 !!! How come?

The $10 credit is probably from adding someone as your referral. Credits can take up to 72 hours to show in your account - my guess is that for some reason the $40 plan credit is taking longer to show up than the $10 referral credit. If after 72 hours you still don't see all the credits you're supposed to, send a message to the forum moderators and they'll straighten it out for you.

Hubert71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Yeah, this was what I did also. Otherwise, I got the month credit since I did activate in-store.

Mrasm

Hi i have activated on jul/29, on the $40 plan, I expected $40 rebate, however I only got $10 !!! How come?

Unknown

I guess this is one of the disadvantages of not having your own physical store/kiosk.  You put it in the hands of someone not affiliated with the company who has to worry about other carriers and may not be properly informed of current promotions, especially flash promos.  I think PM has to take some responsibility in making sure their rep stores are clearly informed on the promos they hold, and how they work.

As PM customers/potential customers, we have to do our own homework and be fully informed of promos that come out.  Make sure you know exactly what needs to be done and don't take the rep's word for it whichever store you go to for the promo.  Show them the promo ad.  If in doubt, and you can't convince the rep to do what you think should be done, walk away and try someone/some place else.

Dmpcare

Hope it works out then

Dmpcare

Here are two helpful hints if another promo comes by soon – I made sure I went in with my phone already unblocked by phoning Telus at seven in the morning and it was done in two minutes as compared to a 55 minute wait the night before when I did not get through,

and secondly I was at London drugs at nine in the morning and first in line and the whole procedure was completed in five minutes! But I did have to point out to them that this promo was definitely active July 28 and 29th as the cashier thought it had ended the day before, and I Mentioned to him that that was actually another promo that had ended the night before and so I showed him the picture of the current promo on my phone and everything was good.

Darreny

They seemed to know about the deal but could not give me the free sim card. They signed me up and I have been given the reimbursement for the free month and the $10 referral, the only thing missing is the sim card amount. I have contacted a moderator to see what can be done.

Dmpcare

Unfortunately, you were given the wrong information at the store – you can only qualify for this 30 day free and free Sim card if you signed up in the store -  when I went in I took a photo ahead of time Of the ad that was listed and what the exact procedure was – and that way the salesman had the latest current information and had to follow through. 

Respublica
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Too late now. It is such a short promo. I also know it early in the morning from checking Google Now.

My advice: Use Google Now (now it is called just Google). Install this for a few weeks and it will know your interest from following your searches and clicks. It will send you news on smartphone deals and promos.

It is disheartening that many cannnot make use of this promo due to poor support in some store. I am lucky cause by the time I visited the store, around 2 PM, I have to wait for 4 people to finish their PM business. When my turn came, I got served by a very knowledgable Walmart Staff, Maria who handled my request to transfer 2 phones from FM to PM within 20-30 minuetes and in an hour my 2  numbers were ported to PM

Darreny

@Hubert71 wrote:

Based on what I've been reading here and elsewhere, a lot of stores and kiosks didn't seem to understand how this promo worked. I was initially told the same as you where I had to buy the sim then go home and activate. Even after arguing my case and showing this promo on this site, I still had to buy the sim (since resolved) but they did activate for me in-store.

I'm not sure if it's laziness on the sales person's part or they didn't understand or both.

Who did you contact to get the amount that you paid for the sim back?

Salmonlips

I went to Walmart and there was only one salesperson.  He went on break shortly before i arrived at the store and was out for 1 hour.  So i came back 1 hour later and he was helping some family get set up with some sort of magic plans because it took like 1.5 hours.  Finally i was next in line.  Took like 30 mins to get me set up cost the (waived) 0.02c and i am half way there. 

Number porting has been very slow (looks like it will take the full 24 hours), but, seems to be in progress because my old sim is no longer functional.

Probably the longest wait i've ever had to do to get on a plan but hey... $$  future me will thank me for waiting around.

Hubert71

Based on what I've been reading here and elsewhere, a lot of stores and kiosks didn't seem to understand how this promo worked. I was initially told the same as you where I had to buy the sim then go home and activate. Even after arguing my case and showing this promo on this site, I still had to buy the sim (since resolved) but they did activate for me in-store.

I'm not sure if it's laziness on the sales person's part or they didn't understand or both.

Bwoody

I'm pretty bummed. I did everything I could to get this flash sale set up- but unfortunately I think I was led astray. I went in-store to have my account set up to qualify for the flash sale (July 28th, 29) but I was told that I still had to activate it online and sent home. Of course after doing so, I felt pretty stupid. I'm assuming that I was duped by a lazy salesman and will not qualify? 

Darreny

@Ryyyan wrote:

Haha, because of this great promo, today, i got the free SIM card from WOW and joined in the family of PM. 

When I went to WOW mobile they told me they couldn't give me the free SIM card and charged me $10 for it and told me PM would reimburse me for it.

Need Help? Let's chat.