Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simon is here to help!

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

If you’ve ever visited our online Community you’d notice there are many repeat questions, especially about very general issues. We wanted to find a solution that would help reduce the numbers of redundant questions here and help our current and future customers get answers faster. So we have created a very special chatbot to help answer frequently asked questions in a fun and playful way! What’s a chatbot? It’s a messaging application designed to answer a set of pre-defined questions. The more types of questions are asked, the smarter the bot will become.

Simon.png

So meet Simon! He is the new addition to our Community and will be here to answer some Public Mobile related questions you might have. Simon is just getting ramped up so only a randomly selected group of you will be able to see him. If you happen to be part of this group, you’ll be able to chat with Simon by clicking on that orange question mark at the bottom right corner.

question mark icon.png

But most importantly, help Simon learn by selecting 👍 for a good answer and 👎 for an incorrect answer when these options are provided.

Here are the answers to questions you may have:

What type of questions can Simon answer?

Any general questions about Public Mobile services and some fun questions that will showcase his sense of humour (try asking “Can you teach me to do the robot?). However, Simon can’t provide answers that hold your private information like your Self Serve account balance, payment due date and login issues.

I don’t see Simon. When will I be able to talk to him?

As Simon gets more experienced, he will be able to interact with more and more of you here on Community! So stay tuned.

Will I be able to continue earning my Community Reward?

Of course! Simon is here to answer most frequently asked questions only. All the other more complex questions and issues are where the Community gets to step in and offer their help and expertise. Remember – Community Reward is calculated based on monthly contribution as a percentage relative to others’ performance. So having Simon answering the FAQ’s shouldn’t impact your Community Reward.

Simon didn’t answer my question and/or got it all wrong. What’s up with that?

Simon is learning every day. So make sure to let him know when he gets something right by clicking on 👍 and if he gets it wrong click on 👎. We’d also love to get your overall thoughts on Simon, so feel free to share them on this thread!

We’re really hoping Simon will be able to help you and other new Public Mobile customers answer common questions quickly.

60 REPLIES 60

Jovana_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i want a sim swap simon 

@Fooosh wrote:

Simon went all quiet on me. Is he shy?

HI @Fooosh  ,   Simon not quiet for me, but he just keep circling me around   😞

Fooosh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Simon went all quiet on me. Is he shy?

That's cool to know.  Last I heard, Simon was abducted by Koodo.

He failed my Turing test.  Or maybe I failed his.  Either way, I'm not particularly afraid of Simon leading the singularity, lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth, Simon has been there for quite a while.  Maybe you just didn't notice him.

Man Happy

Hey, I've got a Simon icon on the bottom right corner of my screen!

true

Am I part of "a randomly selected group ... able to see him" or is Simon online for everybody these days?

(Simon apparently doesn't understand Russian and Polish, btw.)

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rupeshmdesai wrote:

i have set up a account without any data plan. My intention is not use any data. So there should be no charges for my account for data.

I am using a smartphone, so is it possible that public mobile will charge me for data?

Absolutely not, PM is prepaid. So there is zero chance of any surprise charges, I love it 🤑

rupeshmdesai

i have set up a account without any data plan. My intention is not use any data. So there should be no charges for my account for data.

I am using a smartphone, so is it possible that public mobile will charge me for data?

Rockdaddy22
@yaha 4 weeks is unacceptable to be without a phone. Please read this post and follow the instructions to send a message to a moderator
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

yaha

Hello .i dont receive calls i have almonst 4 weeks with public mobile 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for sharing your feedback @rob79 and @Rockdaddy22 🙂

We're continuously working on teaching Simon new tricks, slowly but surely he will gain more knowledge! hihihi

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
Definitely needs some more work

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I tried Simon out, just for fun and to help him learn.

I asked him: "What are apn settings?", and he got lost and told me to contact a mod.

Next I asked him: "Why doesn't my data work?" and he gave me the APN settings.

Given how many posts there are about "checking your APN settings" on here already, it might make sense to put that phrase into his library. If someone searches the forums about their data not working and every reply is "check your APN settings", it would make sense for the bot to know what APN settings are vs. having to rephrase the question to a more basic level.

Neat idea! Glad it's here!

@Korth I actually like the Simon idea overall. It reduces pointless post the same thing 100 times everyone joins Public Mobile posts. As well it gives a new client a chance to ask basic procedures. Plus he has some jokes (although as much as I enjoy jokes I do want them to concentrate on useful info)

Simon is very limited, lol, I'd personally prefer a FAQ page full of links, so much faster than navigating through his slow-paced chatter.

Are there any plans to upgrade Simon's interface to something more garrulous, like a T-800 Model 101 Terminator?

Oh Simon has become a major pessimist

Asking him about Porting he spits out all kinds of warnings and excuses on why a port didn't work

Just a suggestion, he should offer help in a much more positive manner

I think the Dec promo has soured him

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Val_T can Simon be trained to provide the new information about the new data add on prices?

simon.PNG

Frustrated_1

Honestly, what a very very bad customer service so far!!!

I have opened many tickets since mid of last week and not a single response!!

I guess Telus is setting PM to fail miserably and force us to switch to one of the three major carriers.

I am very disappointed especillay if they promise to reply to clients within 48 hrs and no response so far

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
No help from him

Frustrated_1

Any update on this?

Simon gave me a 404 error link whened 22:10 ish Sunday the 13

Frustrated_1

Many thanks for your help

the old sim works on my old phone from Rogers 

and I cannot register through PB's site as it said have already been registered and I cannot login!!!

what should i do next? I find the customer service is poor given that I have sent a request to help me with all details since last Thursday with no answer what so ever.

Also, when I try to reactivate my sim card again (https://activate.publicmobile.ca/), I keep getting is invalid!! and cannot login to my account...

and my cc was charged for the 90 days successfully 

Rockdaddy22

@Frustrated_1 does your old sim work? Does the new sim work? Should be easy to figure out if the port was successful by answering those questions.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello Simon nice to meet you, I have problems International Texting Problems, please help

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/International-Texting-Problems/m-p/91119#M...

@Korth Semi-Intelligent Mobile Observing Navigator (robot at SRL)

Why "Simon"?

Is there any specific meaning behind this bot's name?  None of the S.I.M.O.N. acronyms I've found online seem applicable - can we invent our own?

I suppose we should be relieved this chatbot isn't named something like "Ahnold" or "Elvira".

Rockdaddy22
@jckc what happens when you put the sim in your phone?

jckc

I try to open a new account, entered & sent the alternative number as the cell # to be ported over. And I try to re-enter the correct one and the site said my Sim card # is invalid. Please help!

superscoobydoo

I saw the Simon logo during registration process but not now that I am in forums

Could be bug

@Val_T oh interesting

See on my PC at work I was able to chat with Simon, and here at home never seen him yet

So there is a cookie on that PC that allows me to talk with him?

Pity... won't see him again until next Thursday when I am at that location

Need Help? Let's chat.